---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are these thingies reaktor ensembles or standalone?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Proper plugins

I'm Ant wrote:while I'm here is there any point in buying Driver if I already own Reaktor 6?
Sure, why not?

mumpcake wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: Lots of hearsay. GR team still exists and has employees at NI. Believe it or not.
It's hard to believe that there could be a team dedicated to GR full time which has shown so little progress. In virtually every other company, any such team that had been so unproductive would have been let go years ago.

Maybe "GR Team" not a very accurate name and the developers on that team spend most of their work on other projects. After all, NI is a German company and Germany is the source of one of the worst misnomers of all time.
mumpcake wrote:I should have said "associated with" instead of "the source of", but Germany from 800- to 1806 formed the bulk of a region which Voltaire pointed out "was in no way holy, nor Roman, nor an empire".
Mmh... no.. no, i won't ask what that is all about. :lol:

chk071 wrote:
I'm Ant wrote:while I'm here is there any point in buying Driver if I already own Reaktor 6?
Sure, why not?
Cause of Driver Reaktor's block?
Don't know, I don't have Driver.
So what's the difference, they look rather the same.

You're right. Didn't think of the Driver Reaktor block.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
mumpcake wrote:I should have said "associated with" instead of "the source of", but Germany from 800- to 1806 formed the bulk of a region which Voltaire pointed out "was in no way holy, nor Roman, nor an empire".
And what the actual f*ck does that have to do with a software release in 2018?
Good question... :dog:
But to solve the historic riddle:
Germany as we know it (more or less) was founded 1871. There was no 1000 year history. That‘s just a fantasy of really evil guys back in 1936. So let‘s stop the bashing of Germany. We can do this far better by ourselves... :party:

bungle wrote:
SLiC wrote:There were so many really good effects in Guitar Rig, why didn't they just update that (and call it FX Rack!!)
Because the developers of GR left NI many moons ago and paying for somebody else to get up to speed with the development is probably not commercially viable, they are in the business of making money, not friends.
It may be worth starting again from scratch like they did with Battery.

Who was the developer of guitar rig?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

julian_NI wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:
Hi Julian, the FXs sounds great. Ill definitely upgrade to the full pack at some point. Also want give praise to Replika XT. Just love it! Do you have any information regarding it getting scaleable UI like the mod packs?

/Jesper

Replika/XT are bitmap based GUIs. It’s possible to add scaling, but it would require redoing all the assets at different resolutions. It’s quite a bit of work. That’s why we moved to vector graphics for the Mod and Crush Packs, as we get the scaling almost for free.
Maybe convert the next release of ReplikaXT to vector graphics then? :)

aMUSEd wrote:Proper plugins
Well that's awesome... I wish they would do some instruments that weren't reaktor based. I'd already have trk-01 if it was a standalone plugin.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:... I wish they would do some instruments that weren't reaktor based. I'd already have trk-01 if it was a standalone plugin.
maybe just get over it already?

Tappistry wrote:
julian_NI wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:
Hi Julian, the FXs sounds great. Ill definitely upgrade to the full pack at some point. Also want give praise to Replika XT. Just love it! Do you have any information regarding it getting scaleable UI like the mod packs?

/Jesper

Replika/XT are bitmap based GUIs. It’s possible to add scaling, but it would require redoing all the assets at different resolutions. It’s quite a bit of work. That’s why we moved to vector graphics for the Mod and Crush Packs, as we get the scaling almost for free.
Alas, things are rarely that simple ;)

The skeuomorphic design in Replika/XT isn’t well suited to vector graphics. If you did some kind of automatic conversion of the assets, you’d end up with crazy complicated multi-layered vectors which would tank graphics performance. It basically would need a ground-up redesign using the simpler elements that work well in a vector context. We definitely hear you on scalability being important, but I just wanted to make clear that it involves a significant time investment not just hitting a switch somewhere.

At least, that’s how I understand the situation. I’m a DSP guy not a GUI guy. :phones:
Last edited by julian_NI on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

julian_NI wrote:
Tappistry wrote:
julian_NI wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:

/Jesper

The skeuomorphic design in Replika/XT isn’t well suited to vector graphics. If you did some kind of automatic conversion of the assets, you’d end up with crazy complicated multi-layered vectors which would tank graphics performance. It basically would need a ground-up redesign using the simpler elements that work well in a vector context. We definitely hear you on scalability being important, but I just wanted to make clear that it involves a significant time investment not just hitting a switch somewhere.
But NI is going to commit to making that time investment to either multiple bitmaps or vectors I hope ? If smaller and far more impecunious devs recognise that they need to do it then surely a massive company like you guys can manage it, yes ?

lnikj wrote:
julian_NI wrote:
Tappistry wrote:
julian_NI wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:

/Jesper

But NI is going to commit to making that time investment to either multiple bitmaps or vectors I hope ? If smaller and far more impecunious devs recognise that they need to do it then surely a massive company like you guys can manage it, yes ?
You’re asking the wrong guy about that. I’m just a dev, and can’t tell you anything about how we’re going to invest our time. That’s not up to me. All I can tell you is what I know about the effort involved so that you have some context :)

julian_NI wrote:
lnikj wrote:
julian_NI wrote:
Tappistry wrote:
julian_NI wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:

/Jesper

You’re asking the wrong guy about that. I’m just a dev, and can’t tell you anything about how we’re going to invest our time. That’s not up to me. All I can tell you is what I know about the effort involved so that you have some context :)
It was worth a try ;) If you are ever standing around the coffee machine with one of the bean counters please let them know that the natives are restless :) Cheers.

Return to “Effects”