---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

julian_NI wrote:Replika/XT are bitmap based GUIs. It’s possible to add scaling, but it would require redoing all the assets at different resolutions. It’s quite a bit of work. That’s why we moved to vector graphics for the Mod and Crush Packs, as we get the scaling almost for free.

All the NI stuff is looking really old these days, at least on my monitor. Reaktor synths like Razor are my favorite, but the GUIs are all fuzzy and pixellated :(

Is it possible to route MIDI note information to the carrier oscillator of Freak?

I used a Cwejman FSH-1 which tracked 1V/OCT and enjoyed it.

(Side mildly-related question, does NI Flair respond to MIDI note information?)

I'm getting crazy high CPU when running Dirt in FL Studio (I've tried it in both 12.5 and 20.)
This is strange because, up until today, the CPU was reasonable. But now it sits at 60% CPU or higher as soon as I run anything through it. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't changed any audio settings, added any new major software, etc. Bite and Freak are still relatively low CPU, so it's only Dirt that has changed for me. I had been using 1.0.0 so I updated to 1.1.0 but it's still hitting that high 60% CPU. I just wanted to throw this out there in hopes that it's not just me that's having this sudden issue.

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 am I'm getting crazy high CPU when running Dirt in FL Studio (I've tried it in both 12.5 and 20.)
This is strange because, up until today, the CPU was reasonable. But now it sits at 60% CPU or higher as soon as I run anything through it. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't changed any audio settings, added any new major software, etc. Bite and Freak are still relatively low CPU, so it's only Dirt that has changed for me. I had been using 1.0.0 so I updated to 1.1.0 but it's still hitting that high 60% CPU. I just wanted to throw this out there in hopes that it's not just me that's having this sudden issue.
PMed :)

julian_NI wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:15 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 am I'm getting crazy high CPU when running Dirt in FL Studio (I've tried it in both 12.5 and 20.)
PMed :)
Thanks, Julian. :tu:
I'll reply to your PM when I go on lunch break today.

Who still has an installer for Bite? I have watched several videos, but I'd rather try it on my own samples and compare it to my other bitcrushers. According to the NI 'Walkthrough: Bite' video, there should be a demo version available, but it isn't anymore, just Dirt and Freak.

here is a link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amrf8tx0cw8Hm4Az2RH ... g?e=hRO0Ek

i have always loved NI bit crushing, from kontakt, battery, maschine... don't really get why it differ from other but it does.

in those day i sold most of my NI product, but i had to keep a crusher from them ;)

Awesome! :clap:

Thanks again. :)
drdriller wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:01 pm i have always loved NI bit crushing, from kontakt, battery, maschine... don't really get why it differ from other but it does.
Bite certainly is one of the better bitcrushers available. In the same league as TAL-DAC and Decimort 2 imo. In fact it is very similar to the latter. The aliasing and quantization noise sounds the same. The rest sounds slightly different. For me personally the difference is negligible.

I'm not interested in Dirt tbh, so from the three Crush Pack plugins only Freak remains. This is a very cool, one of a kind plugin that I haven't seen somewhere else, but to buy the entire Crush pack just for one plugin..? :neutral:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:48 pm Who still has an installer for Bite? I have watched several videos, but I'd rather try it on my own samples and compare it to my other bitcrushers. According to the NI 'Walkthrough: Bite' video, there should be a demo version available, but it isn't anymore, just Dirt and Freak.
Not sure if I understand you, but... there's a demo for the Crush Pack available here: https://www.native-instruments.com/de/p ... rush-pack/

And, yes, it's a pack, which means that you can't purchase the plugins as single plugins.

Dirt is also very good, Freak is a blast, this pack is a no brainer for me ;)

there is also a FM effect on ableton sampler and one as standaleone fx on maschine

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:20 am Not sure if I understand you, but... there's a demo for the Crush Pack available here: https://www.native-instruments.com/de/p ... rush-pack/

And, yes, it's a pack, which means that you can't purchase the plugins as single plugins.
There's no demo version of Bite on the site anymore. That's why I asked if someone still had an installer.

I know it's a pack, but I don't like it when you have to buy several plugins to get just the one or two plugins you want. I think I'll wait for the next big sale to get the crossgrade for just € 24,50 if I'm still interested in Freak by that time.

To me Bite feels weakest of them all. No continuous bit depth, no fancy features altogether. Just a very basic bitcrusher.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:35 am To me Bite feels weakest of them all. No continuous bit depth, no fancy features altogether. Just a very basic bitcrusher.
I don't agree. A basic bitcrusher just has sample rate and bit depth reduction. Of those there are many free ones available. Bite has so much more features to sculpt the sound.

This month Freak is a free plugin with any purchase at Plugin Boutique.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1750

:tu:

Return to “Effects”