---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dtekproduk wrote:I love this distortion effect Pack....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2oBWaTPAA

:tu:
Great vid :party:

julian_NI wrote:I just did a quick comparison between Dirt, Decapitator and The Scream, and Dirt has bit less latency than both for default settings. The Scream can get down into the same range and slightly lower if you enable the minimum-phase up and downsampling filters. I understand that latency is important, and we'll continue to try to bring it down. There's limits to what is possible though, and I'm sure other developers would tell you the same.
The Scream gives a lot of control over latency/oversampling. Maybe something similar would work for the crush pack.

TBH, in my opinion, the NI effects in the mod and crush packs have a lot of appeal due to the simple interface, and the few options. Giving extensive control over latency and oversampling would pretty much break that. Apart from being rather something for nerds (no offense intended).

I agree that the immediacy of the packs are part of the appeal. I wasn't really suggesting adding all the extensive control, just something similar. The most simple example would be having a oversampling on/off option in the settings menu. I don't think a few options buried in the setting menu would really take anything away. These are things people would usually set once and forget or not even use.

Fair enough. :tu:

Heard some samples. They sound and look really fun to use. Still resisting the purchase. Really I have a few distortion plugins anyway, with Trash amoung them. I’d be far better off taking advantage of the software I’ve already bought.

God they look fun though.

Dirt is superb. I haven't tried the others yet. But, Dirt will surely be my new go-to for saturation and distortion needs. Only downside is that it really takes a lot of CPU.

I definitely agree that some options regarding latency should be provided in the settings menu.

Klinke1 wrote:I have to come back to that..

16 samples latency because of oversampling?

I run at 96kHz and 128 samples latency..dude.
Why is the oversampling not turned off in my case, resulting in zero latency?
Certain oversampling algorithms do introduce latency, but they are much better quality than your usual linear or hermite interpolation. This is a good thing for the sound - regardless at which sample rate you run your projects.

But, since you mentioned that you want to use this for live performance, and IIRC you're still using Reaper - you do know you can disable PDC per plugin so that no latency is added? This is specifically there for live performance...

Ah_Dziz wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Proper plugins
I wish they would do some instruments that weren't reaktor based.
+1

simon.a.billington wrote:Heard some samples. They sound and look really fun to use. Still resisting the purchase. Really I have a few distortion plugins anyway, with Trash amoung them. I’d be far better off taking advantage of the software I’ve already bought.

God they look fun though.

They are fun.
Dooooo it, you know you want 'em! :hihi:

I already own Saturn and Trash 2 but still very interested in these..
Guess it's easier to achieve good sounds with this Pack :o
Bitwig

I just checked audio demos on NI site and must tell I'm impressed. :party: Pretty much eveyrthing sounds good, maybe except excessively distorted guitars.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I wait for Komplete 12...

krixa wrote:I already own Saturn and Trash 2 but still very interested in these..
Guess it's easier to achieve good sounds with this Pack :o
I think these can be a nice collection of "stompbox" sort of quick results plugins that can sit alongside more complex distortion plugins.

Love me some Blue Cat Destructor, but damn if I can't get lost for a REALLY long time tweaking it. :lol:

Return to “Effects”