best flanger in 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, and valhalla freq echo also makes a excellent flanger, but you'll have to automate the delay time via your host

Fiedler Audio Stage actually does a good flanger sound.

LFO Tool

Antresol
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Interesting....
I have quite a few
Softube.
UAD MXR.
Uhbik.
Satin.
D16 Antresol.
Kuassa FL3606
and my newest one... which by far is the one I am using now, and by far is my personal favourite, but no one mentioned it here.. which is why I found it interesting.
NI Flair, which coincidentally is now on sale as part of the mod pack.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... -mod-pack/

rsp
sound sculptist

dubguy99 wrote:In terms of sound, ValhallaSpacemodulator and D16 Antresol by a mile. Spacemodulator gets a bit more lush than Antresol, which is based on the Mistress pedal which has a bit more of a gritty and metallic sound.

The Eventide instant flanger and the Softube Fix Flanger are also not bad.
Yes antresol sounds a bit gritty metallic and a bit resonant to me. But I don't know the mistress pedal, maybe it's great for this kind of sound. I like more the lush jet flangers. Good point.

Native Instruments' Flair is hands-down the best software flanger in 2018. :love:

chk071 wrote:
midi_transmission wrote:Maybe it's me, but I find it difficult to get a real lush flanger out of it, it sound resonant quickly when I tried it.
Actually, i find it quite hard to get a really good sounding Chorus, or Phaser as well. I upgraded NI Phasis to their Mod Pack in their recent 50% off sale, but, i must admit that i'm a tad disappointed. Just like Phasis, they sound a bit tame.
I feel the opposite, NI's Mod Pack is the best flanger, chorus, and phaser I have in my arsenal (though Phasis is tied with Mobilohm for best phaser.)

TAL Flanger
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I'm very happy with everything in the NI Mod Pack and could live with those 3 to cover just about all my basic flanging, chorus, and phasing needs. The Satin flanger is very nice, in a very different way, so I'd want to keep that around (but God I wish it had an LFO).

emef wrote:LFO Tool
Really?

I tried the flair flanger from NI yesterday. Doesn't sound lush or musical for me. Not my kind of sound.

Steinbergs Yamaha Stomp pack is by far the best flanger and phaser imo.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

pepelogu wrote:Steinbergs Yamaha Stomp pack is by far the best flanger and phaser imo.
+1

I'll use these if I'm not plugged in going through my board when demoing tones/sounds for a part.
Having a hard time using software plugin modulation software since I bought some analog pedals for my guitar board. Boss BF-2 and Moore Elec Lady/Donner Jet Convolution (2nd best electric Mistress clone, even better than EHXs current models). Although the best use for the Boss BF-2 i use it for is actually a great fast lush faux Leslie sound...you wouldn't believe it's a Boss flanger. On my GAS pedal list is a Longamp Roxanne, the best almost exact vintage original Electric Mistress recreation available now, without the volume drop and it even also has the audible LFO hiss noise like the original. And with something like Abletons hardware effect insert audio plugin, you can place them anywhere in your chain, even if using a virtual instrument.

I've also been a bit disappointed with software chorus, flangers and phasers (although hardware phasers vary alot) - I suspect that's because I've got hardware versions and somehow they don't sound the same. It's not the same with delay though - someone did explain to me why it's harder to do modulation FX in software but I've forgotten.

I think for me the best sounding flanger would be the Valhalla Space Modulator. I've not tried the NI one though.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Effects”