Opinions on accSone Crusher-X 7

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I was browsing on Audio Deluxe and noted that Crusher-X 7 was quite heavily discounted (still quite a pricey tool). Was curious and tried the demo; the grain engine seems quite amazing but my short stint so far only allowed me to mess around with simpler things.

What do other KVR members think about this tool, is it something that anyone regularly uses in their productions?

Pity the upgrade isn't discounted, it's too pricey

aMUSEd wrote:Pity the upgrade isn't discounted, it's too pricey
It was on sale last month

I finally upgraded after years of holding off because of the price.

I bought version 1 and got fed up of the silly upgrade costs over the years.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

The upgrade was on sale? It just came out

aMUSEd wrote:The upgrade was on sale? It just came out
Yes

Eg normal upgrade price is €99, its currently reduced to €89

I paid €58 at the beginning of May, an email was sent out promoting it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Damn, never got one

I never got anything either, I would have jumped on that. :(

Owed it for a while, never been able to really get into it, for some reasons I don't know. Something about its sounds never clicked for me, too ruff and too low res, never liked its audio quality. But that might be just me... It got some pretty nice features another granulators don't have though.

Neon Breath wrote:Owed it for a while, never been able to really get into it, for some reasons I don't know. Something about its sounds never clicked for me, too ruff and too low res, never liked its audio quality. But that might be just me... It got some pretty nice features another granulators don't have though.
Up to now I haven‘t managed to get pleasing results with it. Perhaps I‘m not talented enough… I‘ll carry on trying, maybe as low wet send effect to add some sparkling or some grit, don‘t know. Problem is, you can not sell it. And the upgrades are quite pricey...

Thanks for your impressions. That's sort of the gut feeling I had with my (very) limited time with the demo. Conceptually, this VST tickles all the right places, but playing with it I found it hard to imagine a proper usage of it. Felt like regardless which settings I used, the sounds that came out of it were too low-res and/or destructive. Simply a bit too grainy. I can also imagine the tool has a much steeper learning curve than most others to get the most out of it.

BeeDog wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:39 am Thanks for your impressions. That's sort of the gut feeling I had with my (very) limited time with the demo. Conceptually, this VST tickles all the right places, but playing with it I found it hard to imagine a proper usage of it. Felt like regardless which settings I used, the sounds that came out of it were too low-res and/or destructive. Simply a bit too grainy. I can also imagine the tool has a much steeper learning curve than most others to get the most out of it.
Interesting. i have been looking at this in the sale. Looks like the kind of thing i would be interested in. but there seems to be no buzz about this synth whatsoever. Im ok with having odd synths that nobody likes, but the comments on this one are a little concerning.

I hate it when granular processors can't sound smooth. It's ok for guys who like to just make bonkers sounds all day, but i want to make music ultimately. Maybe this is one for the 'fiddlers?'

The price, even on sale, is quite a bit. I could get Rapid for not much more, even when its not on sale. And i really want that synth. So maybe this one is a no go for me.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:34 am Looks like the kind of thing i would be interested in. but there seems to be no buzz about this synth whatsoever. Im ok with having odd synths that nobody likes, but the comments on this one are a little concerning.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=518590

Seemed to get a few recommends when I asked for a decent granular, it's on my wishlist

hmm. Interesting. Do you have any others?
I have falcon, avenger, melda....
I should probably just download the demo really

Nope I don't have any granular synths yet, I class it as a luxury so it's last on my list of things I want

Keep in mind that this is NFR from the beginning...

Return to “Effects”