Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 am I tried! But It had been a long night, and it just ended up in the gooch. Pretty good buzz, but not one of my proudest moments :scared:
:lol: :o :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity

Apparently it's out of beta next month.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

It looks a lot like Modnetic-HyDelay4, is it?

Was thinking about upgrading to the All Bundle, but seems that Infinity is not included. Anyone know if it will be added to the bundle once its out of beta?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:08 pm Was thinking about upgrading to the All Bundle, but seems that Infinity is not included. Anyone know if it will be added to the bundle once its out of beta?
You might want to shoot them an email.

Since the initial announcement and a secondary "apology" not much else was shared by the Ohmies.

acousticglue wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:44 pm It looks a lot like Modnetic-HyDelay4, is it?
Yes, they both have the form of a square :tu: :wink:

HyDelay is surely a great delay, although i find it a bit overfeatured (havent tested it, just watched a youtube video).

I'm sure Infinity will be one of the best delays on the market! There's somethin special about the tone (filter/resonace related). You can hear that on the 3rd soundcloud example (in the middle of the track). I havent found a delay that has the same character :love: And the tweaking feels so analog :hail:

kingtubby wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:23 pm https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity

Apparently it's out of beta next month.
Pretty excited about this news, as I have been with these guys for quite some time now. As we all know Ohmboys is still untouched until this Day for many. Thinking about an upgraded version of Symptohm & the rest, makes it even better. So may the force be with them! :tu:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

No demo and not cheap and not highly touted for 8 yrs so no go

I bought it like 3 years ago or whenever they started selling it. It’s not worked on my system for most of that time.
I’m happy to see they’ve sorted their shit out a little and have a nearly finished plugin.
It looks nice and sounds nice but I would never buy from them again, I simply don’t trust them one bit.

Edit: It crashes Nuendo 10 instantly.... They should change there name to 'Shitboyz'...
Last edited by simmo75 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

It's alive! wtf...

I still think that guy was just smoking way to much weed and the project got stretched
because of it.

Well wasnt really in joy about their absence, as Ohmboys seemed to have been gone for a long time now. So I still see a positive Outcome somehow and hope for that, also he posted in here 1 or 2 times, I believe. As for the Price, I am also pretty sure they will adapt to the worldwide crisis situation (as many other companies).
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Reface and update Ohmicide, and I'm in.

The update is pretty cool though, much improved over the beta :tu:
*At least in look and feel, tbh I never had any trouble with the original :shrug:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:08 pm Was thinking about upgrading to the All Bundle, but seems that Infinity is not included. Anyone know if it will be added to the bundle once its out of beta?
Hi, it will but in your case what you want is upgrade from your currently owned licensed of Ohmboyz. Bundles aren't licenses by themselves, just a pack of individual ones.

acousticglue wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 pm No demo and not cheap and not highly touted for 8 yrs so no go
Fair points! Demo is in the making but won't likely be there for 1.0 or mb shortly after. We do 15 days refund no question ask though if you want to try benefiting from the currently cut EA pricing.

We obviously priced it for the value we packed in. It was initially aimed to end up at 120+ € but the general feedback was that after so many great delays it lacked incentive. We listened to that and dropped the target for release price, ie 99€ (89€ for now as Early Access price). Ohmboyz Infinity has taps, which few have, is a multifx with complex modulation options (a unique combo) and has a lot of polish in the UX. It's vastly richer than 69€ Ohmboyz and is a complete redo.

Ohmboyz had been highly touted for 20 years with amazing (and unsolicited) endorsement from people such as Marting Gore, the Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Trent Raznor etc. Or if you're unimpressed by VIP, many guys here on kvr. But it was certainly getting old and there sure has been several awesome delays units since. We worked hard to offer you guys a tool worth of your time/interest.

Return to “Effects”