Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

i emailed them in mid may and got this response:
The new UI is done and ready to be implemented, which will start this week.
Lots of stuff happening on the code side. One relatively fast update to happen within a pair of month before a major one.

So yes, it's moving =)

Any news ?...

Bump.

Man, still so bummed and kind of irritated about this mess. Was really looking forward to what seemed to be an amazing delay.

perpetual3 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:16 pm Man, still so bummed and kind of irritated about this mess. Was really looking forward to what seemed to be an amazing delay.

Perhaps they received so little interest in terms of pre-orders, or just found that having to keep up with whatever the early access program entailed just slowed them down.

It's possible the next news anybody will receive is a confirmed release date. However, the lack of any decent communication other than brief and sparse updates is definitely of concern :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:30 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:16 pm Man, still so bummed and kind of irritated about this mess. Was really looking forward to what seemed to be an amazing delay.

Perhaps they received so little interest in terms of pre-orders, or just found that having to keep up with whatever the early access program entailed just slowed them down.

It's possible the next news anybody will receive is a confirmed release date. However, the lack of any decent communication other than brief and sparse updates is definitely of concern :scared:
When you're doing early access as pre-order / paid program the single most important thing is posting development reports regularly. (Not necessarily have to be new beta versions all the time).
They failed to do this and it does not convince me to invest in their (future) products.

And:
These things should be removed. They add to the confusion:
Q: How long will the Early Access last?

A: it depends on many factor and that’s typically something we want to discuss with the Early Access people. For now we’re thinking Q4 2018.
From their FAQ page: https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... ccess-faq/

how long does one wait for an infinite delay?

dermage wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:54 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:30 pm

When you're doing early access as pre-order / paid program the single most important thing is posting development reports regularly. (Not necessarily have to be new beta versions all the time).
They failed to do this and it does not convince me to invest in their (future) products.

And:
These things should be removed. They add to the confusion:
Q: How long will the Early Access last?

A: it depends on many factor and that’s typically something we want to discuss with the Early Access people. For now we’re thinking Q4 2018.
From their FAQ page: https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... ccess-faq/
Yes! I agree. Doesn't change the fact that they still might surprise us with a finished project, one day :tu:

vurt wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:38 pm how long does one wait for an infinite delay?
I'll get back to you
A well-behaved signature.

i sent off another email to the dev i've ben in contact with. paraphrasing.. he said they changed the plan of rolling out small updates and are going to just do a larger one once summer vacations are over.

Which year?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:17 pmWhich year?
actual lol :lol:

dayjob wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:22 pm i sent off another email to the dev i've ben in contact with. paraphrasing.. he said they changed the plan of rolling out small updates and are going to just do a larger one once summer vacations are over.
I have tried to contact them but didn't get an answer...I dont get it why they don't publish such info on their website or on FB etc.

dayjob wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:22 pm i sent off another email to the dev i've ben in contact with. paraphrasing.. he said they changed the plan of rolling out small updates and are going to just do a larger one once summer vacations are over.
And they couldn't have announced that? :roll:

Yeah, make an announcement or something.

But since Hope is still alive, I’m looking forward to some kind of release.

Return to “Effects”