Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

I sent them an email about this a few days ago- no response yet. I hope they are OK?

Ohmboyz's support is one of the worst that I know.

Is it time to call this abandonware yet?

Red_Force wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:31 pm Hi all, Ohm fella here,

First apologies for not noticing this thread earlier, for some reason it wasn't appearing in my google patrols.

Second, a useful link:
https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... ccess-faq/

Many questions here addressed there, including the reasons of the lack of demo.

About pricing: we tend to compare to plugin like Replika XT, Timeless 2, Relayer and... good ol' Ohmboyz. This one is €69 and Ohmboyz Infinity, a complete redo, is already vastly better. The other plugins in the list range from €99 to €129 and Ohmboyz Infinity has arguabily the same level of feature right now. Our take is that by the end of early access, Ohmboyz Infinity will compete as Delay King in your hearts. That being said we do listen to your feedback. You can see the (rather theoric) process by which we picked a price but what you guys think on the first glance matters. Would you pay €99 for Ohmboyz Infinity if you were confident you'll get on of the best delay ever for that price, or is €99 too much for a delay no matter what?

About Early Access: most video games doing that are fresh company with no or little history of delivering good products. We OTOH are an 18 yo company with a good track records here. Now we agree there has been some abuse on the system and that's why we announce we want to wrap the released version on a sensible timespan (Q4 2018). Still, the idea of an open beta has a lot of appeal to us. There's the feedback but also the funding. We can release a product but with more early funding we can make a better product. We think it's a healthy system that benefits everyone: you guys get a better price, we all get a better product, and on our side it's more rewarding

To give you an idea of what we're aiming at, it's a plugin that should have no rival for live action thanks to the Macros² system (check the trailer : most of it is done whith just one loop and four parameter moving over time). On the top of that you get roughly as much modulation as Timeless 2, roughly as much extra fx (more to come) than Relayer, and some UI inspiration from various sources. It's also one of the few delay that actually has tap. And of course tape emulation. It's already more a multi fx than just a delay - already a reverb, a loop mangler and with enough funding through early access it will probably go up to being a filter bank as well.
Here's a reminder of what they were peddling before, including a response to the comparison of crowd-funding video games that became abandonware.

It'd be one thing if there was a response....

Many of us have been here long enough, or have worked on projects, commercial projects, or software projects that have not met their target date, but we have also been around long enough to see enough products and developers become abandoned, folded or bought out that a simple communication update would be considered common sense if they were still working on it.

I love my Ohmforce products and I'm personally okay having "donated" money for Ohmboyz Infinity... I can simply look at it as a thank you for making products that lasted and have been supported for such a long time, but maybe this thread can be stickied alongside crysonic's thread as a cautionary tale for the next developer asking people to fund the development of a product while its in its alpha state.

Ohmforce... Good luck and thanks for all the fish.

elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:08 pmbut maybe this thread can be stickied alongside crysonic's thread as a cautionary tale for the next developer asking people to fund the development of a product while its in its alpha state.
Still going on sadly...
viewtopic.php?p=7365913#p7365913
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

In light of all this, FWIW I'm using the latest beta to get sounds I can't get anywhere else

Stability is a non issue for my ... guess I'm lucky :scared:

DSK wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:52 pm In light of all this, FWIW I'm using the latest beta to get sounds I can't get anywhere else

Stability is a non issue for my ... guess I'm lucky :scared:
working pretty well over here too. it's a really nice sounding delay. still would love to have the finished version as they imagined it.

Finished as they assured buyers that it would be. Finished because supposedly additional buyers was only to finance adding licensed content to the plugin.

How do I get the latest beta?

I’ve never received an email notifying me of any updates.

perpetual3 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:35 pm How do I get the latest beta?

I’ve never received an email notifying me of any updates.
i have v 0.04

it's in my account with everything else at ohmforce. i'm unaware if there's a newer version

Well damn. I figured this would be released by now. I really wish OhmForce had kept on churning out crazy plugins rather than trying to launch that crazy DAW that didn’t seem to catch on. I really love the morphing and modulation capabilities in their plugins, and would love to see them do something wack and fft based or something with grain delays that had all their customary melohman and modulation stuff. Even seeing them jam all their old DSP into a modular framework with an updated gui that would work something like mxxx would be awesome. For now I’ll keep just using Ohmboys and Ohmicide. Hopefully they’ll get it together with this infinity project sooner rather than later. I won’t be buying in until it’s a stable, full release though.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 am I really wish OhmForce had kept on churning out crazy plugins rather than trying to launch that crazy DAW that didn’t seem to catch on.
i wonder if they feel the same about that? was an interesting idea but seemed quite niche.

Anymore news?
Still looks like they are selling early access licenses?

sureno wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:27 pm Anymore news?
Still looks like they are selling early access licenses?
Took our money and ran. f**kers!

Return to “Effects”