Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Say that again!

I’m considering it a loss for now, and will never trust the Ohmboyz ever again.

Can we get our money back via PayPal or credit card issuer?
I’m going to try it.
It feels like they cheated us.

Not answering mails is a bad practice that is getting more and more commonplace. One Kickstarter project I backed that should have been delivered before the summer - has started with a passive-aggressive tone in their correspondence. "I had to stop writing code to answer this mail". Next step will be ignoring the mails :lol:

But guys... it's an Early Access release. It's written clearly on the web page that there will be bugs. If you don't want to go through the beta ride and live a happy life - avoid beta software. I'm sure I'll buy it - but not until the code has set in concrete.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:25 pm Not answering mails is a bad practice that is getting more and more commonplace. One Kickstarter project I backed that should have been delivered before the summer - has started with a passive-aggressive tone in their correspondence. "I had to stop writing code to answer this mail". Next step will be ignoring the mails :lol:

But guys... it's an Early Access release. It's written clearly on the web page that there will be bugs. If you don't want to go through the beta ride and live a happy life - avoid beta software. I'm sure I'll buy it - but not until the code has set in concrete.

/C
No problem with the early access if they correspond. But crickets.

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:29 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:25 pm Not answering mails is a bad practice that is getting more and more commonplace. One Kickstarter project I backed that should have been delivered before the summer - has started with a passive-aggressive tone in their correspondence. "I had to stop writing code to answer this mail". Next step will be ignoring the mails :lol:

/C
No problem with the early access if they correspond. But crickets.
Yeah. That really sucks. Maybe people like Urs and Cytomic Andy are rare exceptions of programmers who can do good code AND communicate well :lol:

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Early Access? Like as seen on Steam? They grant you the privilege of paying for unfinished software that might never be finished?

How software marketing has changed. For the worst. Computers are the ultimate playground for creative consumer abuse that gets zero regulation.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:44 am Early Access? Like as seen on Steam? They grant you the privilege of paying for unfinished software that might never be finished?
A LOT of stuff gets finished which otherwise would not have been born. We're living in a glorious era. Especially in gaming, that is. Bad things happen; it's probably because of the balance of the force :D

Hi guyz,

It seems that a silence from us has been misinterpreted as us being inactive. There's nothing of the sort, although we have had an unusually high latency on some supports due to some issues on our side. I am currently working on the real skin but I'll also work on getting feedback. Surprisingly few people have asked for anything, whether it was bug or feature, which in part account for the quiet period. I apologize for not having drop by for a while here, I should have.

Anyway, I am here now and that tab will remain open in my browser as long as you guys have things to say to (or throw at) me. Enjoy!

dayjob wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm :pray: yesterday i emailed a bug report and inquired about an update.

it crashes everything and doesn't pass au eval in logic. hopefully i'll hear back sooner or later..

not gonna hold my breath but i'll post any reply i get here.

i still think the way to go as a company was to update all the existing plugs and fix the gui issues etc and then announced the new thing.. but what do i know.. i've never done a thing in this world.
That's a bug from 0.02. It's supposed to have been fixed in 0.03 (it works here). Now the update link for 0.02 doesn't work so you have to get it from ohmforce.com directly. Tell me how it goes!

There seems to have been real issue with the bug reporting.
First, while KVR is the one forum (with Audiofanzine) we monitor occasionnaly, we don't go here on regular basis.
Same goes about facebook
Support is usually dealt within 3 business day at support@ohmforce.com although we did have a few issues in the past months that added delays (no pun intended...)
If you have the "update" in red on your UI you don't have the latest version. Unfortunately it has the wrong link but the good one is withing you "my ohmforce" account as usual. Once updated there's a /discuss button to give feedback, report bugs etc that's probably the most appropriate way to report issue and discuss feature request for Ohmboyz Infinity.

Feature requests:

1) Convolution reverb to load IR's, like Past To Future Reverbs IRs. And check out the convolution reverb in Surreal Machines Modnetic.

2) Phaser. Not (only) something clean, something with character. Check out Surreal Machines Modnetic. The phaser is amazing. That whole delay is amazing.

3) Noise, with an adaptive envelope, like Denise Audio Noize, or the noise generator in another great plugin,Audio Thing Reels.

I'm telling you: add those to and Ohmboyz Infinity will be sick. Especially with those macro controls (although a convolution reverb will be tough to automate). As it stands, I haven't been impressed at all with the current effects.

Have you tried Mobilohm ? There are 3 phasers in it so that would be our go to source of phaser DSP if you like them like we do.

IR : we made some tries with that but it was kinda disappointing in the delay + reverb formula. Still, that's something we can reconsider upon popular demand.

I'll have to look into your noise suggestion and follow up on your reference.

Nah, don't listen to him, keep it a delay only plugin. ;)

I think the point is that some of us have lived with Ohmforce plugins for over 15 years (and have been gasping for a new plugin from them) and are used to them being different. Infinity is pretty vanilla by modern standards.

I expect the Final GUI will help sway some of the negativity though.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”