Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

simmo75 wrote:
cnt wrote:Hm... Ohmboyz Infinity crashes all the time in Cubase 9.5. Won't even open in Cakewalk Audacity or VSThost.

Haven't gotten an email answer from Ohmforce and the "Discuss" page doesnt seem work (nothing happens after you send your comment).
I’ve been getting crashes constantly in Studio One 4, Mac l, since the last update. I can’t even change a preset now...

Discuss page not working here either.
new update is super crashy in logic as well. the AU still doesn't pass AU eval in logic either.

Cpu bit higher than I thought initially and I've noticed spikes. Sounds quite good still.

Where's the developer? He was in this thread there for awhile. Be cool to know what's the status w/ this plugin, developments, etc.

I'm in on this. Love a good, glitchy delay.

dangayle wrote:I'm in on this. Love a good, glitchy delay.
I wanted to be in on this. But when I read the license agreement it mentioned that the license is not to be sold. I wanted to get some clarification as to whether this just applies to the early-access version, or whether it is the new license agreement for all their software. However, they've managed to ignore two emails, thus far :tu:

Still no replies from the ohmboys.. I can't use the current version.
Developer is quite. Sent several mails and no answer. :(

cnt wrote:Still no replies from the ohmboys.. I can't use the current version.
Developer is quite. Sent several mails and no answer. :(
Same, not getting any replies and instant crashes so totally unusable since the last update...

Was this a scam? They released a completely broken beta. With the 0.3 version, the reverb module does not work and it crashes randomly and the developer just stopped responding.

it's wonky.

i expected a long process but thought they'd be more active/involved with getting more frequent updates to the beta buy in people.

in the meantime gui fixes/updates to existing plug ins would be really nice.

Frankly i even don't know, how it possible to pay 50 bucks (or near, i may wrong) for delay in beta without demo. It's unexplainable. Although I have seen different cases in my plugining life, and love classic OF plugs.

Lots of fond nostalgia for the Ohmies. Hope this moves forward and is a successful venture.
A well-behaved signature.

c_voltage wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:12 pm Frankly i even don't know, how it possible to pay 50 bucks (or near, i may wrong) for delay in beta without demo. It's unexplainable. Although I have seen different cases in my plugining life, and love classic OF plugs.
Its more an alpha than a beta because the GUI is not done and it doesn't have all its features.

Either way, this is all testing and the money is just to support the eventual release.

I would never use this in a serious project because alphas and betas mean changes are coming that can break prior projects/save states and of course bugs/crashes galore.

Beta testing is not for the faint of heart. There will be bruising.

I would not expect a demo simply because if there's a demo, then they should have just done a public beta, which is not always a good thing because then you get lots of bug reports, often duplicate reporting mixed in with lots of user error and of course reporting for known issues, which then just wastes time by providing customer service instead of developing/bug squashing.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:42 pm Lots of fond nostalgia for the Ohmies. Hope this moves forward and is a successful venture.
me too. i think all their plug ins hold up. they sound great. they could all use a bit of a GUI refresh for modernization and compatibility etc but they sound great imo.

Bitwig
Win10 64bit

Passes the plugin scan but crashes instantly upon loading.
I dont even to see a glimpse of a GUI.
Completely unusable.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Strange, it works fine here and has from the get go pretty much. Win 8.1

*A rather unique and awesome delay imo...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:36 pm
dangayle wrote:I'm in on this. Love a good, glitchy delay.
I wanted to be in on this. But when I read the license agreement it mentioned that the license is not to be sold. I wanted to get some clarification as to whether this just applies to the early-access version, or whether it is the new license agreement for all their software. However, they've managed to ignore two emails, thus far :tu:
OhmForce never wants you to sell any of their licenses. Ever.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Effects”