Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Idk what's allowed or not either tbh. The filters sound similar though noticeably better imo than ohmboyz classic and overall just a lot more going on sound wise popping out of it beyond delay type insanity. Even has a reverb option in there somewhere. Blends beautifully and seamless with sound source, at least on the piano and clap. Regular ohmboyz though great at what it does, on it's own I find can sound a little dry. this one seems capable of more variety in terms of tonal character and overall depth.

Forgive me I'm one of the worst guys to ask about technical stuff, I more or less tweak knobs and sliders and have no idea what i'm doing but bookmark presets, mix in to taste when I find a sound that appeals to me or roughly fits what I'm going for. I'm new to this, I still occasionally get confused and mix up what lp and hp filters are, thinking hp is for filtering treble and low pass for lower frequencies.

nusound mind wrote:Idk what's allowed or not either tbh. The filters sound similar though noticeably better imo than ohmboyz classic and overall just a lot more going on sound wise popping out of it beyond delay type insanity. Even has a reverb option in there somewhere. Blends beautifully and seamless with sound source, at least on the piano and clap. Regular ohmboyz though great at what it does, on it's own I find can sound a little dry. this one seems capable of more variety in terms of tonal character and overall depth.

Forgive me I'm one of the worst guys to ask about technical stuff, I more or less tweak knobs and sliders and have no idea what i'm doing but bookmark presets, mix in to taste when I find a sound that appeals to me or roughly fits what I'm going for. I'm new to this, I still occasionally get confused and mix up what lp and hp filters are, thinking hp is for filtering treble and low pass for lower frequencies.
Thanks for the reply :tu

Glad to see you are enjoying it. I am also someone who is not so technically minded, so dig the tweaking adventure as well.

To remember the filtering, think HIgh(s) Pass through (meaning LOw(s) are cut), or LOw(s) Pass through, leaving HI(s) barred from entering. Kinda the opposite of 'Lord Of The Rings', in that you are declaring what SHALL pass rather than what SHALL not :wink:

So! Can O-finity filter Lo's and Hi's at the same time? :wink:

No I get it now re: lp & hp.

There's lp-hp sliders via the Macros, but filter section looks similar though I can't tell how the routing goes.

The new gui is big enough now too, old one I didn't go with the cartoony gui so it's smaller than optimal for me to use. I hope resizing options will be added at some point on infinity. Comparing ping pong presets infinity colours the sound more, darker and wider. Standard ohmboyz sounds cleaner less saturating the sound.

I'm honestly not much help here with the filter question probably, but it looks like other ohmboyz far as I can tell, 4 options of lp, hp, bp, etc. but there's a mix knob in filter section now. On the taps there are lo cut hi cut knobs on each one individually so that is new, plus other options in taps sections. Also high/low cut knobs for each of the 2 respective delay sections.

nusound mind wrote:No I get it now re: lp & hp.

There's lp-hp sliders via the Macros, but filter section looks similar though I can't tell how the routing goes.

The new gui is big enough now too, old one I didn't go with the cartoony gui so it's smaller than optimal for me to use. I hope resizing options will be added at some point on infinity. Comparing ping pong presets infinity colours the sound more, darker and wider. Standard ohmboyz sounds cleaner less saturating the sound.

I'm honestly not much help here with the filter question probably, but it looks like other ohmboyz far as I can tell, 4 options of lp, hp, bp, etc. but there's a mix knob in filter section now. On the taps there are lo cut hi cut knobs on each one individually so that is new, plus other options in taps sections. Also high/low cut knobs for each of the 2 respective delay sections.
Thanks for the extra info. Definitely intrigued :tu:

Red_Force wrote:
Also, there are possibilities to create more unique DSP. There's already a carfuly crafted pitch shifting but Replika is offering three different algorythm. Are you guys interested in having that options ? If funded, we can license some extra algorithm from a 3rd party to have it quickly etc.

So yes, the funding isn't indeed to go to the bahamas. Every money you give us in that phase is reinvested in the product. We do provide the main investment with other plugins sales, but we're not bankers. Your money will make a difference.
Yes - I sent you a PM with some feature suggestions in detail, but here is the gist for others to chime into:

1) license saturation and reverb, IR reverb engine from Surreal Machines.

Frankly, I’m spoiled by Diffuse and Modnetic. Although...

2) license tape saturation from Toneboosters Reelbus 4.

Reelbus 4 works wonders as an amazing tape delay, especially with their drive EQ. I would love to be able to modulate that and other tape parameters using the macro system.

3) character morphing ala U-He Colour Copy

4) High Quality resonator based on Ableton’s Resonator.

I keep coming back to Ableton’s Resonator. No other alternative sounds the same to me.

But moreover, to the architecture of the Resonator.

Unfiltered Audio’s upcoming BYOME has an version of Ableton’s Resonator on modulation steroids allegedly. Again, would love to see that in infinity.

5) Mid/Side processing

Global and per tap. I find MS processing to be key in my own use of delays and reverbs.

Would love to see this here.

———————————

For reference, all of my music is highly influenced along a spectrum of dub aesthetic (reggae, techno/house [basic channel/Maurizio/Fluxion/Deepchord/Moduleset, etc], lo-fi “hazy” hip-hop/beats, and ambient.

Folks, so, no demoversion yet ? (sorry i did not follow topic).

Curiosity got the best of me... I just bought in.

Still on the fence... the upgrade pricing is very attractive, tho. Glad they listened to their customers.
A well-behaved signature.

Can we compare it with the new uhe delay ? Which one is the best ?

IMHO, the 2 delays are pretty much polar opposites. CoCo excels at smooth
and refined, Infinity at wild and crazy. Although both are not exclusive to
each territory.

I have both, which to me, is quite appropriate.

Best to think of Infinity as an 8-tap delay with extensive modulation designed to take advantage of taps.

I don’t have CoCo yet, so I can’t compare, but based on the topology the over-lap is limited compared to where the two delays diverge.

So infinity is more flexible ?

I should coco.

Acid Mitch wrote:I should coco.

hivkorn wrote:So infinity is more flexible ?
Like I said, I don't have CoCo yet, but I wouldn't necessarily generalize to say that one delay is more flexible than another. I have many delays, and Infinity cannot replace them, but it does something other delays cannot do.

If you have Ableton or Bitwig, you can make your own 8-tap delay using simple delays and kind of emulate the macro system, emulating the concept of Infinity, but it still won't sound the same.

Return to “Effects”