Tape Emulation roundup

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road - J37 Tape

heavymetalmixer wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:38 pm GB Sound Lab (German Bou in the past) Tape Bus: https://gbsoundlab.com/tapebus/
Free plugin.
Nice one! :tu:

IK Tapes for highest quality but high cpu useage.
Softube Tape for general use and low cpu useage.

dickiefunk wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:34 pm IK Tapes for highest quality but high cpu useage.
What DAW do you use?
Studio One with MixFx?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Cubase 10

ToneBoosters Ferox
AudioThing Type-A

Not properly Tape Emulations but often they works better than any compressor... Can't go wrong... ;-)

Turello wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:05 pm ToneBoosters Ferox
Would you rather use Ferox than ReelBus 4?
Saturation mode
Allows to select between a variety of tape saturation modes obtained from TB Ferox, TB ReelBus v2 and TB ReelBus v3, and new modes only available in ReelBus v4.

Eauson wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:45 pm I still like Steinbergs Magneto :)
You're going way back! :o

Do you also remember Cubase VST 5? 8)
TrueTape is a unique Steinberg technology that emulates the behavior of a professional analog tape recorder. While digital audio recording has a number of benefits, some may perceive digital sound to be somewhat “sterile” and “cold” compared to high quality analog recordings. The TrueTape feature remedies this problem by recreating the sound of analog tape saturation at the recording stage.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:34 pm
Saturation mode
Allows to select between a variety of tape saturation modes obtained from TB Ferox, TB ReelBus v2 and TB ReelBus v3, and new modes only available in ReelBus v4.
Of course,i have an old version (probably 2.8.8) with 0 latency and into single tracks works perfectly... ReelBus i prefer on bus, sub bus or mastering stage... :D

dickiefunk wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:34 pm IK Tapes for highest quality but high cpu useage.
have you tried satin?

Yes I tried the demo of Satin.

dickiefunk wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:32 pm Yes I tried the demo of Satin.
Where do you rank them next to two IK and Softube?
I'm vary of IK's modelling abilities... But i haven't yet tried it, will have to try it. I thought softube was good but satin better and more like real reels i toyed with

I personally really like Softube Tape and preferred it to Satin but it was very close. IK is definitely a step up

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Use Modnetic

Turello wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:06 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:34 pm
Saturation mode
Of course,i have an old version (probably 2.8.8) with 0 latency and into single tracks works perfectly... ReelBus i prefer on bus, sub bus or mastering stage... :D
I don't remember a zero latency version of Ferox...

One of the reasons I have stopped using some of the older TB plugins like Evoke,Sibilance and Bus Comp is because of the high latency...

Jerome has brought the latency down in the v4 plugins and some of them offer zero latency...

That was appreciated...

I only use a couple of the v3 plugins now and they will be shown the door very soon because the v4 plugins have basically made them redundant...

Ferox can be replaced by Reel Bus 4 without a lot of tears being shed :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Effects”