Soundtheory GULLFOSS computional auditory perception EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gullfoss

walltone wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:35 pm
Well, it is the time to switch then. I have nothing against ilok actually, but only full dongle of plug-ins that have bought (invested into). So it would be a good addition to the family.
i'm staying on old copy protection for as long as possible :D i bought ilok with protools and i hate it so much i bought a spare SSD to run an additional system just for protools/pace stuff.

The worst copy protection I've met is the Oeksound Soothe one. Everytime I add a hard drive in my computer, it asks for a new authorization (and you have a max number). This thing thinks you're changing your computer everytime you change the tiniest thing in it.
I have to write an email AGAIN to Oeksound to ask them to remove my previous authorized computer which is exactly the same minus an IDE card.
Let me say I have nothing against iLok...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I was waiting to get this one on Windows but like many, and with good reasons, ilok = no sale.

Caine123 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:22 am How can you check pace issues? I have ilok since 2-3 years and my system runs ok.
anyone? :) i want to know how i can check why ilok sucks and check my system for it.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:22 am How can you check pace issues? I have ilok since 2-3 years and my system runs ok.
anyone? :) i want to know how i can check why ilok sucks and check my system for it.
some people just don't like iLok protection, so what?

Ploki wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:18 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 pm
some people just don't like iLok protection, so what?
so what back, i am no fanboy at all of extra software etc. but i read a lot that it sucks on systems' performances etc. and i would love to read/see facts instead of just posts which dont show what really ilok does. im in the IT department so i dont care if someone just doesnt like it!
as a user of ilok i would love to see the facts so i can check my own system or if people just make up things....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi guys, a quick question about the performance, does it add a lot of latency if using it in the writing process?
Thanks in advance.

simmo75 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:59 pm Hi guys, a quick question about the performance, does it add a lot of latency if using it in the writing process?
Thanks in advance.
974 samples of latency (roughly 22ms at 44100Hz)
Caine123 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:30 pm
so what back, i am no fanboy at all of extra software etc. but i read a lot that it sucks on systems' performances etc. and i would love to read/see facts instead of just posts which dont show what really ilok does. im in the IT department so i dont care if someone just doesnt like it!
as a user of ilok i would love to see the facts so i can check my own system or if people just make up things....
I have no numbers except random freezes crashes and instability related to protools, then the whole "be careful which port you choose" fiasco.
not to mention bloat from any demo version or update you seem to indulge yourself in.
whole software feels like MacKeeper or something.

i just don't think it's a good copy protection scheme and i prefer software that steers away from it

So now it's "available soon"....

Soooon-ware, over the rain-blow....

Windows version is available now....
More BPM please

yes ! windows is available! i try now :wink:

Can't activate trial licence in ilok i get an error 'paceedenexperienceproxy'
Edit - Fixed it
Last edited by griffin on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

This thing is crazy good... :love:
Purchased after a couple of minutes of testing. :hyper:

Hint : read the manual or you'll never understand what you're supposed to do with the buttons.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I think I will read the manual when I can find where the feck it installed the software.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Y
A
Y
!

Return to “Effects”