VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Did you try the up also?

There's no sidechain on TB EQ4

Yes, Upward compression is a different effect

There is sidechain on eq4. In dynamic mode it´s in the upper ride corner. Only VST3!!

Ahh weird! I wonder why they dont have it in the VST2 version, but I see it there. Still, I dont see how the sidechain will flip over the compression behaviour, how does that work?

If I use Toneboosters EQ 4 with the no latency switch turned on, it shows 0/128 spls in the fx window and REAPER's performance meter shows a PDC of 128.

Even with No Latency set EQ 4 is forcing plugin delay compensation

Pipelineaudio wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:31 am If I use Toneboosters EQ 4 with the no latency switch turned on, it shows 0/128 spls in the fx window and REAPER's performance meter shows a PDC of 128.

Even with No Latency set EQ 4 is forcing plugin delay compensation
Stop and start transport in Reaper. Reaper will need to update its PDC because the plugin's latency has changed to 0 samples if you enable the 'no latency' switch. Not all hosts will immediately react on changes requested by plugins wrt latency.

Check out the neat lil update. The new shelf types are quite reminiscent of the modern Neve console EQ's.

Dont like the new green meters :( they don't go well with my Midnight Blues theme. (It's actually so ugly that I'll shoot Jeroen a message :D ).

BerryLaCroix wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:26 pm Stop and start transport in Reaper. Reaper will need to update its PDC because the plugin's latency has changed to 0 samples if you enable the 'no latency' switch. Not all hosts will immediately react on changes requested by plugins wrt latency.
That works! Hopefully it gets fixed though, as ive been doing livestreams with full bands and if I forget and put one of these in later after its started thats some serious pain!

Pipelineaudio wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 am That works! Hopefully it gets fixed though, as ive been doing livestreams with full bands and if I forget and put one of these in later after its started thats some serious pain!
You might want to check with the Reaper devs. AFAIK the plugin correctly reports its latency (switching to 0 samples when enabling the zero latency mode) and the issue seems with Reaper keeping PDC buffers alive...?

Bouroki wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:26 am Check out the neat lil update. The new shelf types are quite reminiscent of the modern Neve console EQ's.

Dont like the new green meters :( they don't go well with my Midnight Blues theme. (It's actually so ugly that I'll shoot Jeroen a message :D ).
Don't like those green meters either.. :neutral:

I think the meters colour is the smallest problem with eq v4.
These are my points:
-a better preset manager. A good example is meldaproduction.
-In- and Outputmetering for better gainstaging and abing.
-External spectrum visualization from any other TB eq v4 instance, including collision detection
Tb eq v4 frequency grid
Last edited by Svama on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pipelineaudio wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 am Hopefully it gets fixed though, as ive been doing livestreams with full bands and if I forget and put one of these in later after its started thats some serious pain!
There is nothing to fix in plugin itself. It's Reaper thing. Plugin behave correctly in that regards. On top of that you can permanently use zero latency mode. I sincerely doubt you can hear audible difference between zero delay and nonzero delay - at your livestream or at preparation of it.

Svama wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm I think the meters colour is the smallest problem with eq v4.
These are my points:
-a better preset manager. A good example is meldaproduction.
-In- and Outputmetering for better gainstaging and abing.
-External spectrum visualization from any other TB eq v4 instance, including collision detection
Tb eq v4 frequency grid
Better email Jeroen. He reads all the emails. :tu:

Some plugins have this problem in REAPER and some don't. Joren is aware now, I'm sure it will be fine. As long as I remember to hit play once before anything important happens, its all good. I'm not sure that I would hear it either, but I do always worry about how the computer behaves when latent plugins happen

Return to “Effects”