ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Svama wrote:But a bad recording and arrangement no plugin can save.
Amen

I think I'll hold on until Ozone 9.

Hi,

Eq 4 is a wonderful plug in at a top fair price !

to be able to adjust the amount of the equalizer to 200% would be great and the name of the notes superimposed on the keyboard too.

where to deposit features requests please ?

Thank

Feature request by mail

Tb Reelbus v4 is released today.

Wow...i sad back then "what the hell i have dozen of EQs i don't need another one" but i just tried EQ4.

Wow...

For that price (and i did not even tried dynamics or other features) this is awesome plugin. I dunno why but it is VERY easy to dial and correct/shape sounds. Like some smoothing is over at GUI movement (that is how i sense it).

Great great EQ. So simple.

Ok I'm sorry I can not find the mail ...

to facilitate the use of sidechain with eq 4 in ableton live 10 there is this super max for live tool! in addition it is free.
http://maxforlive.com/library/device/4673/outist

Does TB Eq4 show two analyser graphs at the same time as Pro-Q2...I mean, the original signal and the eq-ed one?

HcDoom wrote:Does TB Eq4 show two analyser graphs at the same time as Pro-Q2...I mean, the original signal and the eq-ed one?
For the moment, I think it can't do that.

Maybe a dumb question but I just cant find the way for this so maybe someone could help or show me a link to some kind of tutorial for this, userguide is not helpful.

What I want to do is apart from taming the frequencies (that works great so far) on the track to set a simple low pass/high pass filter that cuts out all frequencies that are not needed in this track to get space for other tracks. But no matter which HP/LP I choose for my left or right note I just cant make to really cut frequencies (lets say for example for to cut out the base all thats under 200 kHz) and simultaneously changing the Filter for the left/right node destroys the whole curve which has been set up with much work to tame for example the peaks in the high/mids.

I am not sure if this is possible at all inside one instance but would be great so any help really appreciated.

I don't understand this question, perhaps you can clarify with a couple of screenshots?

Hi,

thanks, will do that this evening when I am back from work. Maybe short description (as far as I remember, dont have it here at work) what I have done so far will clear.

- I use a preset for dynamic EQ, choose "pop acoustic" as preset and turn the analyzer on
- then I adjust the notes for the mids and highs (for a flute as example to tame the peaks)

This works great so far.

Now in a second step I would like to cut in this flute example the low end completely (lets say at 200 kHz) for that track cause its not need and to get room for this frequncies in the other track. Maybe a bright pad sound would be a better example to cut the low end there, hope you get my intention.

Now my idea to do this in Tonebooster was to just choose the far left note and change the filter type to cut the low frequencies. But I am not sure if this would work in general and I just dont know HOW or if its just not possible and I have to put a highpass/low pass filter (or a second EQ) behind the TB 4. Hope that makes my problem a little clearer.

tatanka wrote:Maybe a dumb question but I just cant find the way for this so maybe someone could help or show me a link to some kind of tutorial for this, userguide is not helpful.

What I want to do is apart from taming the frequencies (that works great so far) on the track to set a simple low pass/high pass filter that cuts out all frequencies that are not needed in this track to get space for other tracks. But no matter which HP/LP I choose for my left or right note I just cant make to really cut frequencies (lets say for example for to cut out the base all thats under 200 kHz) and simultaneously changing the Filter for the left/right node destroys the whole curve which has been set up with much work to tame for example the peaks in the high/mids.

I am not sure if this is possible at all inside one instance but would be great so any help really appreciated.
If you want to keep your curve "look" intact (but i don't see a point or your description of problem is hard to understand for me) well....you can always place another EQ right after this one and just fire up lo and hi cut filters... :hihi: Essentially it's the same thing as in first case (but your curve is destroyed then) but at least your curve on the first EQ will look better :dog: :hihi:

You know you can add another node by double-clicking, right?

You know you can add another node by double-clicking, right?
Yes, but that dont solves my problem cause no matter how many notes I choose with my settings changing the most left/right node to a hp/lp changes the whole curve in a way I loose my first intention two tame the peaks.

O.k., seems it WAS a dumb question :hihi: and I will have to use two instances of TB 4 or TB 4 + Filter cause this are two different tasks.

This plugin finds it's way on to almost every one of my tracks.

Best utility eq out there. Better than Fabfilter Pro-Q in my opinion. Love the interface. Very easy to use once you get the hang of it. The dynamic portion of it is real good. The EQ portion of it has an actual sound to it. You can hear it working and doing it's job. Tired of all these EQ's trying to sound all transparent. This thing is bold and capable of doing some serious tone-shaping.

Return to “Effects”