ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Regarding the sidechain kerfuffle, OP stated:
Now don't get me wrong, I applaud a new plugin at this fair price and this post may come accross as petty. But, that isn't the issue here. If you advertise a new feature, why f**king exclude important stuff about it in the press release/advertising regarding compability? I bought this plugin exclusivly for the sidechain feafure and it annoys me.
I just checked the email I received from Toneboosters to announce EQ4. It states:
• Up to 16 analog-modelled, state-space filter sections;
• Unique auto level make up feature;
• Upward and downward compression;
• External side-chain support (VST3 and AU);
• Artificial-Intelligence (AI) assistant;
• Spectral audition function;
• And many, many more unique, powerful goodies listed here.
Not sure about other press releases.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

EQ4...another winner from Tone Boosters :clap:

Thanks for the zero latency mode....

Very useful when tracking :tu:
No auto tune...

ItaloDisco wrote:Hi

Just a friendly heads up on this plugin and Toneboosters in general.

I regret buying the EQ4 as it never lived up to the press release of sidechain compression in Ableton Live 10 (RELEASED IN 2018! as you I'm sure you're aware of).

I didn't demo it as I just assumed: brand new plugin + brand new version of such a popular DAW as Ableton -Badabing badabong -all features are GO! No such luck.

Ok, I was stupid, didn't demo; and did'nt read the bloody fine prints on the website... (no VST2 support for spectral side chaining)

Long story short, after some annoying defensive and argumentative "customer support", basicly the maker blamed Ableton for beeing obsolete and me for not demoing...)

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud a new plugin at this fair price and this post may come accross as petty. But, that isn't the issue here. If you advertise a new feature, why f**king exclude important stuff about it in the press release/advertising regarding compability? I bought this plugin exclusivly for the sidechain feafure and it annoys me.

Not very flattering for a brand and I thought some of you might like to know. I don't care about the money, -stuff like this just aggravates me, thats all.

Rant over :lol:
As you where.
Did you actually listen to this crap in your head before you typed it ?
Duh

Limitations in VST2 architecture is not ToneBoosters fault - can we get past it please :)

This plugin is very special and extremely useful...

So much easier to use than a regular multi band limiter....

"A touch here and a touch there and a little magic starts to appear" :party:

I should be a poet :wink:
No auto tune...

Love this eq, but missing universal filter slopes for the peak filter. Would make all other eqs obsolete.

Svama wrote:Love this eq, but missing universal filter slopes for the peak filter. Would make all other eqs obsolete.
Send a feature request. :wink:

Already done on all possible ways.

bungle wrote:
ItaloDisco wrote:Hi

Just a friendly heads up on this plugin and Toneboosters in general.

I regret buying the EQ4 as it never lived up to the press release of sidechain compression in Ableton Live 10 (RELEASED IN 2018! as you I'm sure you're aware of).

I didn't demo it as I just assumed: brand new plugin + brand new version of such a popular DAW as Ableton -Badabing badabong -all features are GO! No such luck.

Ok, I was stupid, didn't demo; and did'nt read the bloody fine prints on the website... (no VST2 support for spectral side chaining)

Long story short, after some annoying defensive and argumentative "customer support", basicly the maker blamed Ableton for beeing obsolete and me for not demoing...)

Not very flattering for a brand and I thought some of you might like to know. I don't care about the money, -stuff like this just aggravates me, thats all.

Rant over :lol:
As you where.
Did you actually listen to this crap in your head before you typed it ?
Maybe you'd feel more at home on Gearslutz..

Svama wrote:@ItaloDisco: did you try this?

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ty-plug-in
No, I wasn’t aware of such possibility. Will certainly try this. Great tip. Thanks

Been struggling to get ‘air’ into my mixes, making them too busy for the ears. Getting rid of unwanted room sound/sustain without loosing sharpness of transients proves hard to obtain. Quite frustrating for an amateur musician attempting mixing. Anything ‘smart’ that’ll help is certainly most welcome. I’ve got Ozone7 and it’s really great, but a very cluttered UI.

Think I’ll go through this forum and see what plugins people are pleased with. Operating EQ’s and transient designers are just stuff I must keep banging my head on until I get it right. Not easy at all.

Don´t go and buy more and more plugins. You won´t get better!!!!! First learn your DAW, as everybody can read you´re not familiar with it. After learning your DAWs possibilieties learn the plugins inside it and how to use them and mix. After some years go out and buy new stuff, if you really need it.

deleted
Last edited by ItaloDisco on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Svama wrote:Don´t go and buy more and more plugins. You won´t get better!!!!! First learn your DAW, as everybody can read you´re not familiar with it. After learning your DAWs possibilieties learn the plugins inside it and how to use them and mix. After some years go out and buy new stuff, if you really need it.
Yes, I've heard this advice before and I'm sure it's a good one. I'm been more focused on songwriting/band and too impatient getting good results 'soon' I guess, but I'm working on it. Actually I have been quite reluctant buying new plugins as I'm very aware of all the hype that's going on. Especially aimed at the target group I'm in.. :lol:
Your sidechain advice works with Izotope, but not the Toneboosters EQ4 (wich I suspect is better) . Oh well, maybe Ableton will do VST3 in the near future.

I must say though, I love the prospect of the new A.I. analyzing plugins that we see coming more and more. Not any reason to go crazy buying new stuff at the moment, but who can resist plugins that does very advanced chain of actions easy with good results.. It has nothing to do with 'replacin'g talent and will make a huge difference for amaturs all around I'm sure. Arguments against this is a bit like all that boring analog hw vs software discussions. That said, mixes done by pros will allways sound better. And they should[/quote]

You could also try ezmix 2.
Personally don’t like neutron and that ai stuff. It doesn’t work for me until now. Music is emotional and so different. It isn’t always the same solution.
My opinion, but we will see what the next years will happen. But a bad recording and arrangement no plugin can save.

Return to “Effects”