Channel Strip VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neutron mentioned so many times that I tried it.. Doesn't bring mojo but OMG how much better my tracks sound with little tweaking :love:

digitalboytn wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 am The Analog Studio Rack IS NOT the Analog Track Box !

I also have a host of channel strips,but I prefer ASR and Alloy 2...
Nobody said that it was, I just said that it is one of the Nomad Factory products that I have and, consequently, one of the products that I used to judge their efforts. As mentioned, I have the State EQ which IS in the Analog Studio Rack. I think that somewhere on KVR, in fact, I talked about my feelings on the State EQ as compared to other EQs. I also have, and like, Magma, and, of course, Bus Driver, but I'm not blown away by their modeling efforts. I like some of the U/I aspects of ASR, but I hate others, those round meters, for example. I remember that there was some sort of promotion when the AS EQ was a "plugimon" and I used the AS EQ to determine then that I didn't need ASR. Like I said, it's not "snobbery", it's just preference based on actual evaluation.

When you call other people snobs because of their choices, you are going to invite criticism of your reasoning. IMO, people fairly judge Nomad Factory's efforts.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:14 pm Neutron mentioned so many times that I tried it.. Doesn't bring mojo but OMG how much better my tracks sound with little tweaking :love:
Yep, it's not a MOJO strip at all.

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:17 am
Boone777 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:05 am If you want to go nuts there is a script in Reaper wich allows you to create your own from your favorite plugins. I had a blast with it:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=182233
That's cool, and looks like a rabbit hole. How long did it take you to create a usable strip?
It's pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it between 15 minutes and an hour if you go crazy and import your own buttons and images. It's practicle for stuff like Air Windows I created a strip with all Air Windows saturations for exemple. It's faster to check them all out. Also to avoid cluttering the screen with 10 almost identical plugins.

But yes it is a rabbit hole but who cares if your having fun ! I created a couple of strips from the ugly plugins in Reaper makes the generic GUI looks like a thousand bucks!

Also cool stuff like a strip with G8, Slick EQ and MJUC you can make a compact GUI with the few buttons you often use.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Alright then, I'll play around with it for a bit and see if it improves mixing in Reaper for some use cases.

There’s a Nomad Factory sale @ dontcrack.com

ASR is being sold for 39.00, I think

Wouldn't it be awesome if Sonimus was beta testing a new strip? 😉

experimental.crow wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 am been demoing the Flux:: EVO CHANNEL ...
sort of liking ; i need some more time w/ it ...
cpu doesn't seem excessive , but ymmv ...
ended up buying the FLUX:: EVO CHANNEL ...
quite like it ...

I decided to get onto the channelstrip bandwagon and got the bx ssl G channel (2nd hand). I was surprised that it was pretty light weight on the cpu, and I like the way of working where you have to actually listen and not mix with the eyes so to speak. Now I feel I want the E channel too though since that eq sounds pretty nice. My biggest advice though, always gain match with the dry signal after tweaking and toggle on/off to see if the tweak made was actually an improvement and not just louder. Yes this goes for eq:ing too.

ATN69 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:48 am I have Scheps Omni and I also have PA bx_console SSL 4000E. Both are nice. One that people doesn't talk much about, probably because it's not considered to be posh enough, is the AS-Rack from Nomad Factory. It has 6 modules that can be re-arranged and it has a exciter module that is very nice. It has been on sale several times and you can get it quite cheap.
The Scheps Omni is a great tool, one of my top pics. I, too am also a fan of the BX 4000E, I have the N as well, which I also like. All really good options.

Then there is Neutron, incredibly powerful and intelligent options there.

+1 for the Scheps Omni. Inclusion of de-esser is not typical on strips. The design is flawless, with all controls visible and additional settings can be brought up for finer detail on each module. Tremendous versatility, with mid/side modes for every module, triple compressor algo, dry/wet mix + internal/external side chain. And you can drop another Waves plugin anywhere in the chain.

Most importantly, the sound is perfect. It is not trying to be a console emulator, it is not trying to color anything. There's a hint of color in each module, but mostly it is transparent and lightweight across the board, even down to the FET compressor.

What about the DDMF strip? I assume it's on sale right now. Some might be interested in some opinions.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

+1 to TBProAudio CS-3301 - https://www.tb-software.com/TBProAudio/cs3301.html

Also +1 to Scheps Omni Channel - https://www.waves.com/plugins/scheps-omni-channel

Both really great channel strips. BTW, the developer behind TBProAudio is a class act, highly responsive, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried all the demos where possible and ended up with Waves Scheps Omni Channel and the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain. Love them both!

I like bx console 4000 ssl e and g for me they sound better then waves ssl... But that's for sure personal taste

Sometimes I use McDsp 6050, maybe 6060 is also nice

Return to “Effects”