Channel Strip VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Metric Halo Channel Strip is an old classic that is still one of the best

I am a channel strip nut. I tried out waves new scheps omni and if I was in the market for my first channel strip I would buy it. It has that great depth that waves emulations have. It is very versitle and no latency.

I really like TBA c3301 for sound and ease of use.

I presently use Waves TG 12345 and the SSL. Both have latency but I dont use them for tracking anyway. To me the TG sounds better than anything out there but it is not real versitile. The SSL is a tone shaping, tight sounding all around strip. I would prefer the TBA to waves SSL but not enough to go through the hassle of selling and having to render past projects. I wouldnt use them both. One or the other.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

+1, Metric Halo is the one that works best for me. To OP - Voxengo Voxformer is unique, I haven't found anything else that does quite what it does all in one. EAReckon is worth a look - I have no interest in 1:1 vintage gear emulations. Also SoundToys Decapitator, Klanghelm SDRR (in Desk Mode), the Banana Electrique Reaktor ensemble, and ToneBoosters Ferox are great "character" channel strip-type thingies. :tu:
AC222 wrote:Metric Halo Channel Strip is an old classic that is still one of the best

From the sounds of it, you don't really have an emulation of an old console strip...but is that something you would want?

Dead Duck Channel and Channel 2.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I'd like to bring this up again.. Can anyone recommend a channel strip that has some nice mojo but very low cpu needs? I'm testing nomad factory bt analog trackbox atm and I do have ultrachannel.. It's a bit hungry for cpu though to use it on every track..

If I need a channel strip, I always use the Duende. I don't think it has any mojo in the classic sense of nonlinearities, saturation, channel variance etc., but it's straightforward, CPU efficient, doesn't distract me with flashy analyzers or curves, and just does its job. Not "affordable" in KVR terms, but worth it in my opinion. Gave me a much better price/usage ratio over the last several years than any Waves SSL plugin. (Oh, and there are Waves SSL channel strips, probably on offer now or soon.)
Confucamus.

Airwindows CStrip has some of its own unique mojo. It's also pretty low-cpu (leaving a control at zero bypasses that section) and free/open-source.

Waves SSL comes to mind, been a zillion years since released and even back then didn't mind its cpu load too much. Todays I'd guess it would be next to nothing (?).

For something more interesting to try, voxengo voxformer. It can be oversampled for only render too if you want.

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:39 pm
jens wrote:Alloy has been discontinued since 2016... and Mixcontrol since before the war
That's right....

Along with Stradivarius violins,Neve consoles and a bunch of other old rubbish :wink:
Why can't I "like" comments :lol:

tristan- wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:55 pm Why can't I "like" comments :lol:
+1 :tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:18 pm I'd like to bring this up again.. Can anyone recommend a channel strip that has some nice mojo but very low cpu needs? I'm testing nomad factory bt analog trackbox atm and I do have ultrachannel.. It's a bit hungry for cpu though to use it on every track...
Scheps' Omni Channel is worth a try I'd think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31_sr7I4Ch8
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Scheps Omni, Console E, and Ultra Channel are my favorites for sure.

been demoing the Flux:: EVO CHANNEL ...
sort of liking ; i need some more time w/ it ...
cpu doesn't seem excessive , but ymmv ...

Return to “Effects”