Channel Strip VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I’m currently using Izotope Ozone 2, Izotope Nectar 2and Voxengo’s Voxformer as my general channel strips which are all quite good.
I noticed Waves has just released the Scheps Omni and this can be had for as little as $37 which seems like a real bargain if it’s any good. I’ll be downloading the demo to try it out today.
This has made me wondering what other new channel strips are out there and what else I should be auditioning?
I normally use a combination of Acon Equalize/Tokyo Dawn Labs Slick EQ GE, Tokyo Dawn Labs Nova ME for EQ, NI Vintage Compressors or Tokyo Dawn Labs Kotelnikov GE and Fabfilter Pro-DS plus a few plugins built into Cubase 9 and a few various reverbs. These all sound great but sometimes I find a channel strip can be very useful.

What would you recommend?

Eventide UltraChannel
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

loads of them. you might want to check out Hornet Channel Strip MK3, there are also various IK Multimedia channel strips, a couple of Softube ones, boz +10dB... i can't be arsed to give you the whole list of channel strips worth checking out, there's just too many of them.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

yzcoruhT

Alloy 2 gets a lot of use around here.....

It's a serious Swiss army knife for sure...

But I still use Mix Control Pro from time to time...

We have so many choices these days,we are really spoilt :wink:
No auto tune...

Alloy has been discontinued since 2016... and Mixcontrol since before the war
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Alloy has been discontinued since 2016... and Mixcontrol since before the war
That's right....

Along with Stradivarius violins,Neve consoles and a bunch of other old rubbish :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:
jens wrote:Alloy has been discontinued since 2016... and Mixcontrol since before the war
That's right....

Along with Stradivarius violins and Neve consoles and...... :wink:
A good one... :clown:

dickiefunk wrote:I’m currently using Izotope Ozone 2, Izotope Nectar 2and Voxengo’s Voxformer as my general channel strips which are all quite good. I noticed Waves has just released the Scheps Omni and this can be had for as little as $37 which seems like a real bargain if it’s any good. I’ll be downloading the demo to try it out today.
Do you mean iZotope Neutron 2...Ozone's more for mastering. If not Neutron's worth a look, although I found it used more than an ideal amount of CPU for a channel.

There are many many options, for all kinds of budgets, but Waves Scheps Omni is certainly worth checking out. I think it's great, both in sound, but also workflow and flexibility. It's a bit of a no-brainer at the intro price.

Below are a few of the options, in my plugin folder, that are worth consideration:

* Brainworx bx_console E, G & N
* McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip
* Metric Halo ChannelStrip 3
* Softube Summit Audio Grand Channel
* Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel
* Wave Arts TrackPlug 5

It's a matter of taste really, but I've found SSL channels to sound best for the type of music that I do.

So in this case you could look at Waves SSL (https://www.waves.com/bundles/ssl-4000-collection) or a Duende (these can be had quite affordably from Ebay now). Softube Console 1 is also great, if you can afford it.

I have also read about the MH Channel Strip 3 to be awesome, but it would be possibly redundant, if one already has a SSL strip. So budget-conscious would draw between the MH CS 3 and some SSL strip.
Last edited by soundmodel on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

U-o wrote:MixControl Pro
+1

shame its no longer available. :neutral:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
U-o wrote:MixControl Pro
+1

shame its no longer available. :neutral:
Indeed, I bought it when it was on sale for 9$ and also this sample pack from DNR Collaborative, but forgot to backup thes samples and I lost them, except MixControl Pro.
yzcoruhT

Airwindows CStrip for something a bit different.

Return to “Effects”