Blue cat annouce Axiom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axiom

Dallon426 wrote: I'm more concerned with not being able to drag and drop effects and also swap.
These are indeed in our todo list. You can currently do copy/cut/paste to achieve similar results.
Dallon426 wrote:Also organizing amps by style. Fix that and we're good to go!
What kind of "style" are you thinking about?

2nd the drag and drop fx. Would also like to be considered IR spot although i could load WOS. Not sure latency factor there yet.

Have to read a manual yet somewhat for more impressions testing. It gives me some choices not in Reaper automatically stacking devices though.

BiasFX didnt play nicely inside it, got crackling. I am sure is Bias alone issue.

acousticglue wrote:2nd the drag and drop fx. Would also like to be considered IR spot although i could load WOS. Not sure latency factor there yet.

Have to read a manual yet somewhat for more impressions testing. It gives me some choices not in Reaper automatically stacking devices though.

BiasFX didnt play nicely inside it, got crackling. I am sure is Bias alone issue.
Why not just put the IR loader in the master output section?

I’m also guessing that Bias FX is pretty intensive on its own. Maybe too much cpu load to use it inside if Axiom? Did you check your CPU usage during the crackling?

acousticglue wrote:BiasFX didnt play nicely inside it, got crackling. I am sure is Bias alone issue.
If you are using many effects and third party plug-ins, you may need to increase the buffer size.

Demo is good. Really like the "shifter" effects

I wonder if a simple Late Replies presets-selector mini-gui
would be a useful Axiom menu option? Once you know what you like
from your Late Replies collection, being able to save screen space,
and maybe some cpu, seems like a good idea, and a placeholder
could fill the related Late Replies plugin slot in Axiom.
Cheers

This would probably not save much CPU (the GUI is definitely not the most consuming part :-)). However you can choose to close the Late Replies GUI and select presets directly from the plug-in slot if you wish.

Also it is possible to reduce the size of the Late Replies GUI (by minimizing both the pattern and loops sections). You can save it as your user default, and also lock the GUI (lock icon in the toolbar) so that it's kept small even when switching presets.

And you can save your favorite Late Replies configurations as favorite plug-ins so that they appear in the plug-in menu directly (you can instantiate the right delay/reverb with just one click).

Hi there! Just wanted to give you the heads up that we have started a new series ofvideo tutorials for Axiom to show you how to reproduce the legendary guitar tones of your dreams with our software/plug-in.

Today's video is about the vintage "Plexi" Sound, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYj-0BFjto
And you can get the 3 free vintage plexi presets here. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips regarding Late Replies used within Axiom, I installed the L-R
demo separately so I can study it in more detail...I'll check the videos shortly.

If you are so inclined, install the demo of the 'Wiggle' synth,
and spend a few minutes using their preset manager, I think
you'll see a path through the forest, worth replicating.

https://2ndsenseaudio.com/wiggle/

Hope the musicians here will demo Destructor, Late Replies, and then
Axiom, which integrates Destructor and Late replies.
For guitars, synths, percussion, vocals, you-name-it,
Axioms ability to host 3rd-party vst plugins, along with its vast
internal capabilities, makes it a cog in one's wheel of destiny.
(Did I really just say that? :dog: :hihi: )
anyway, Axiom, and it's internal team are the best effects system
I've used, and that's said knowing the competition is strong.
A little more fading on the demo audio-dropouts would be nice.
I'm a little jumpy already, when playin a guitar. (yes,
the demos are handy, even after purchasing the license.)
Cheers

:tu:

Hi,

I just wanted to give you the heads up: we have launched a guitar contest (prizes worth $1,796, including of course Axiom, The Axe Pack and more). Feel free to submit your video or vote for participants:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1oZPEr2zTu

By the way, if you are an owner of Axiom already, we have uploaded a new preview of Axiom 1.1 (expected to be released soon...), with a couple of surprises! There is also a new preview of Destructor. Check out the download page (link received by email upon purchase), and please send us feedback!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:38 am By the way, if you are an owner of Axiom already, we have uploaded a new preview of Axiom 1.1 (expected to be released soon...), with a couple of surprises!
Thanks! The new features are really useful!
It would be great if there was a way to step through the IR-files in the chosen directory within EQ editor.

Steve1974 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:41 pm Thanks! The new features are really useful!
It would be great if there was a way to step through the IR-files in the chosen directory within EQ editor.
We are still thinking about the best way to simplify IR browsing, but as you can see there is not much space left :-).

Return to “Effects”