Blue cat annouce Axiom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axiom

LGK_Dude wrote:But if they are identical, cant you just load Axiom and turn off everything but late replies for example, save it as a preset, and now you have late replies you can use on other tracks? Confused as to why I would pay extra for the pack vs just using Axiom? Unless I'm missing something?
Yes you can do that, of course. However it's probably not ideal in terms of workflow and DAW integration. That's why we offer the bundle for those who want to work all day with these plug-ins outside of Axiom.

And since the bundle also includes PatchWork, if you do the math you basically get these full versions for free. :party:

Btw, for the early posters who missed it, Axiom is now available :-)

I actually already own patchwork, so unfortunately it does not come out free for me. :( For me the bundle is an extra 79 euros vs Axiom, and that unfortunately is no small chuck of change, especially if all the sound / functionality is the same.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

You may want to check out the demo of Axiom and see if it works well for you as is. There is definitely no obligation to get the bundle :) . It is offered as a convenience, so that you do not have to pay the full price for all plug-ins if you want them too.

I have been playing with axiom for one day NONSTOP. It is wonderful. It is probably one of the most well thought out plugins I have eve used. I am very happy with it. The sounds are incredible and very full. I used an IR Loader within the master track in order to get some nice cabinet and room sounds. The results were very nice. I think the biggest set back is not having the amps named. Yes there are presets to choose from, but I would like to see banks as well. Presets that are within a single amp.. say a tweed. This is an annoyance and I was a bit surprised considering how much thought Blue Cat put into this plugin. I am scratching my head as to why they would choose to leave an Amp section by type of Amp out of the mix. Hopefully they can fix this in an update. Also I tried to load 64 but plugins in standalone mode and could not load them. That seems a bit strange, unless there is a reason for this that I am not aware of. One more suggestion that I can think of is allowing to drag and drop effects from any location to another location on the interface, the copy paste method works, but it slows down workflow. No biggie, but if I was the developer I would have this feature. All in all a great product and I am very happy with it so far. Is it better than the quality of S-gear? I don't know yet. Too early to tell. Is it more flexible? ABSO(F'N)LUTELY

This plugin is what I was missing from S-gear. Even if I wanted to load up S-gear within Axiom I could and that is brilliant! That might be the best of both worlds!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:But if they are identical, cant you just load Axiom and turn off everything but late replies for example, save it as a preset, and now you have late replies you can use on other tracks? Confused as to why I would pay extra for the pack vs just using Axiom? Unless I'm missing something?
Yes you can do that, of course. However it's probably not ideal in terms of workflow and DAW integration. That's why we offer the bundle for those who want to work all day with these plug-ins outside of Axiom.
I had the same question. I had very nearly purchased Destructor around the time Axiom released b/c I'm generally disappointed by most Guitar/Amp sim software, and while I'm not sure I can do better, I like the flexibility Destructor seemed to provide. So for me, Axiom was a no brainer, since it offered much more than Destructor alone, but it wasn't until I explored all 3 (Axiom, Destructor, Late Replies) in the demos that I decided what worked for me (I ended up buying the Axe pack).

I use Axiom for Guitar/Bass sound shaping and i vastly prefer the overall flexibility of a single plugin that i can embed and save a bunch of settings and other plugs to make different tones. But i also found that I was turning to both Destructor and Late Replies for effects on other tracks. Technically I probably could have found a way to just use Axiom, but the song sketches I worked on often had instances of Axiom, Destructor and Late Replies on them. I also went back into some old song sketches and replaced the Guitar/Amp sims on those with Axiom and/or Destructor to test. Some of this might have been 'new toy syndrome', but I had basically the same question you did, and found that the flexibility and ease of use to include separate instances of Destructor and LR was worth it. Yes this meant i spent over 2x my original budget for Destructor, but i'm quite satisfied with that decision.

To echo comments above, the reason i came to that decision was after playing with the demos for multiple hours. The only limitation is the plug turns off for a moment every minute or so, but this is hardly noticeable especially if you are focusing on workflow tests.

Dallon426 wrote:I have been playing with axiom for one day NONSTOP. It is wonderful. It is probably one of the most well thought out plugins I have eve used. I am very happy with it. The sounds are incredible and very full. I used an IR Loader within the master track in order to get some nice cabinet and room sounds. The results were very nice. I think the biggest set back is not having the amps named. Yes there are presets to choose from, but I would like to see banks as well. Presets that are within a single amp.. say a tweed. This is an annoyance and I was a bit surprised considering how much thought Blue Cat put into this plugin. I am scratching my head as to why they would choose to leave an Amp section by type of Amp out of the mix. Hopefully they can fix this in an update. Also I tried to load 64 but plugins in standalone mode and could not load them. That seems a bit strange, unless there is a reason for this that I am not aware of. One more suggestion that I can think of is allowing to drag and drop effects from any location to another location on the interface, the copy paste method works, but it slows down workflow. No biggie, but if I was the developer I would have this feature. All in all a great product and I am very happy with it so far. Is it better than the quality of S-gear? I don't know yet. Too early to tell. Is it more flexible? ABSO(F'N)LUTELY

This plugin is what I was missing from S-gear. Even if I wanted to load up S-gear within Axiom I could and that is brilliant! That might be the best of both worlds!
I know this sounds like an amateur hour tech support question, but did you install the 64-but standalone app? I use it a lot (Windows 10), and there have been no problems on my end with loading 64-bit plugins into it.

I downloaded the demo. Must have clicked the windows demo instead of the Winx64 demo. Oops!

Dallon426 wrote:I downloaded the demo. Must have clicked the windows demo instead of the Winx64 demo. Oops!
To be fair, I think this blunder could be a nod to Blue Cat to consider unifying their installers down the road for different formats. (Then just allow us to check the formats we want to install). I realize that 64-bit and 32-bit standalone applications may not be able to be combined, but a unified installer at least for all their different plugin formats would at least decrease the long list of different links on their download page.

There are indeed pros and cons of having a single vs several installers. We'll see how it goes in the future. Anyway, even with a single installer you have to choose which formats/platform you want to install :D .

The installer is not really a big issue.
I'm more concerned with not being able to drag and drop effects and also swap. Those are must have features for workflow. Also organizing amps by style. Fix that and we're good to go!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:There are indeed pros and cons of having a single vs several installers. We'll see how it goes in the future. Anyway, even with a single installer you have to choose which formats/platform you want to install :D .
The only time I've run into problems (of my own making) was when neglecting to download the standalone because I didn't notice that a separate download was required for it. If that could somehow be addressed, like always including the standalone with the VST (or whatever), that would solve the problem. Or maybe just fix the web download page to present a reminder that maybe the customer should also consider downloading the standalone. Even now that I know what's going on, when downloading an upgrade version I often forget the second download is required.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with things as they are. With all the many options available, I don't especially want a bloated installer download just to get one of the however-many formats available. For me, I never want more than one of the hosted formats.

dmbaer wrote:
Blue Cat Audio wrote:There are indeed pros and cons of having a single vs several installers. We'll see how it goes in the future. Anyway, even with a single installer you have to choose which formats/platform you want to install :D .
The only time I've run into problems (of my own making) was when neglecting to download the standalone because I didn't notice that a separate download was required for it. If that could somehow be addressed, like always including the standalone with the VST (or whatever), that would solve the problem. Or maybe just fix the web download page to present a reminder that maybe the customer should also consider downloading the standalone. Even now that I know what's going on, when downloading an upgrade version I often forget the second download is required.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with things as they are. With all the many options available, I don't especially want a bloated installer download just to get one of the however-many formats available. For me, I never want more than one of the hosted formats.
I was also overjoyed when I realized I had been missing out on the Patchwork standalone app some time after it had been released. I use it constantly now. :tu:

site keeps trying to charge Euro not $$, says $$ when add to cart then changes to Euro

nm, missed the drop down

Return to “Effects”