Tritik Moodal Resonator Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Moodal

Strangely I couldn't find an existing thread about this very capable resonator plug-in, so here is one. I worked with it for some hours today and just made the video below. Would be great to have an LFO inside the plug-in and/or an envelope follower to modulate a few things, other than that I really like it.
Processing a field recording I made in Seoul at the old palace some years ago (drums, soldiers shouting, some crowd noises) with the Tritik Moodal resonator, stepping though the presets I made for this plug-in, tweaking a few things here and there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SatXRttckE
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

So cool plugin. I wonder why there's no interest in this thread at all. One trick I like to do very much with this effect is to reduce 'relaxation' and number of resonators in realtime to make sounds morph from "close to original" to totally resonator bell-like sound. You're it would be nice to have some lfos and modulation stuff, I'm using some M4L devices for this purpose and really adds a lot of new possibilities (especially the env follower)

Thanks Żurek!

There is an other thread about moodal here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=448404

I've demoed it several times and each time I was blown away how amazingly rich and good this resonator sounds. But its lack of modulations is crippling and makes it sound way too static, as Sampleconstruct said. That's why I never bought it, still awaiting for a solid update with those kind of features before buying it.

This is actually the one plugin where I wish it had way more presets because the options are basically endless and one needs a decent knowledge of physics to accurately model the sound of objects. A comprehensive preset library for real-world objects would nice.

dubguy99 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 am This is actually the one plugin where I wish it had way more presets because the options are basically endless and one needs a decent knowledge of physics to accurately model the sound of objects. A comprehensive preset library for real-world objects would nice.
This is not a physical modeling plugin, so anything you could come up with would be a rough approximation and nowhere near 'accurate'. An lfo or an env follower would not move things in this direction either, just make the synthetic guys happy. Because they don't already have endless modulation options in e.g. Bitwig. Question is - can the Moodal engine take excessive modulation without producing any kind of unwanted artifacts?

I'm sure there are ways to add movements and modulations without creating artifacts.

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:22 pm I'm sure there are ways to add movements and modulations without creating artifacts.
Have you tried?

Tried what? Using modulation in my DAW? Nope but what I meant was having modulations achieved internally in the algorithms of the plugin, not via the DAW. For example, the GRM Tools Reson has a random parameters to create fluctuations & movements inside the resonators and it's perfectly done without any kind of artifacts. I don't see why it couldn't be done in Tritik as well with some work and development.

owned it for a while. it makes really pretty pads, but is kind of static on its own. i basically use it like a comb filter.

Return to “Effects”