DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

escalona wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:25 pm By the time Dave is done optimizing this plugin, it probably should cost $100 more... lol
I feel privileged that I bought this plugin with only the E-channel, G-bus, one 1176 and a LA2A.. and now the plugin has doubled its functionality for free. Way to go!
That's one of the nice things about software!

As the 160 has two vca 'flavors' to choose from which both sound great, I would really love to see a different one for the G-Bus model, like for example how is the townhouse ssl different from the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrKsgPJO3M

New (now called 2.0) beta is out:

https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/

There's some things like global Oversampling (up to 16x with different real-time and render options), a resizable GUI, and some optimizations to the models.

A few bugs have been reported on Gearslutz like:

1. Phase issues when mix is not at 100% and oversampling is used (so you probably want to wait if you do a lot of parallel compression via the mix knob)
2. Maybe some scrollwheel bugs after changing the GUI size and moving some parameters (may be host/format specific)
3. DMG Logo not looking good after resizing
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's all fixed. New builds up.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Just gave the new build a go. I think there's no hyperbole in saying this is now officially the best deal in compression. Officially a desert island compression plugin for me. You wouldn't be wrong if you wanted to charge a hundred bucks more once 2.0 is out.

I cant seem to enter text values AT ALL [at whatever gui size]

Thanks Dave for hearing our cries for resizing :)

This now much better integrates into my workflow and looks and feels great on big size.

Edit: Seems it's not saving the size globally? Is that intended?
I have to set it on opening each instance.

Is there a changelog or something for v2.0 ?

dermage wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:56 pm Thanks Dave for hearing our cries for resizing :)

This now much better integrates into my workflow and looks and feels great on big size.

Did you save a new default preset? Adjust the size, set your preferred oversampling, then save a new default preset. Does that do the trick?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 pm
dermage wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:56 pm Thanks Dave for hearing our cries for resizing :)

Did you save a new default preset? Adjust the size, set your preferred oversampling, then save a new default preset. Does that do the trick?

It's unfortunately not that easy in Ableton Live (I would have to use a saved rack for each plugin I wanted to have my own state)

I just thought something like the other DMG plugins have. A "Save Default" button in the preferences on the Global tab. But this one has no prefs, so I think it would be very useful to either save the last state or make a button in the "About" page on the DMG logo to be able to save the state.

Edit: Sorry I didn't understand you, thought you meant the DAW VST presets. This made me realize that:
Forget the last paragraph, Dave answered this on GS:
Open new instance. Set Offline Oversampling setting. Click Preset box and choose "Save as Default". That'll get you it set for all new instances. And, I believe for all old instances that you reload that weren't made with this beta.

Glad you got it! I wasn’t sure if that saved the size too but figured it probably did.

Michey wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm I cant seem to enter text values AT ALL [at whatever gui size]
What platform/daw/format are you using? Win10, Live 10.1.4, VST3 perchance?

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:03 am
Michey wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm I cant seem to enter text values AT ALL [at whatever gui size]

Dave.
Using the VST2 in Reaper (Windows 10 x64), I can double click to get to the text box and enter new values, but when I press Enter to commit those new values, nothing changes.

EDIT
Same with the VST3.

^ same here
......btw, very impressive CPU optimization for the 2500 model! :clap:

DaveGamble wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:03 am

Dave.
Found and fixed. Any Windows would repro.

Dave.

Return to “Effects”