DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HcDoom wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 pm How does Dave model compressors so fast? Some other well known developers cant model a single one in couple of years.
I don’t sleep and I work until my eyes bleed.

And I’ve been doing this for twenty years now.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Somethings that help with eye strain:

Similasan Computer Eye Relief Sterile Eye Drops
Vitamin A (carrot juice)
Eat antioxidant-rich berries, especially blueberries, frequently.
Lutein and zeaxanthin

Health tips from Dr Zak
(*not a real doctor)

The previous post is like - continue working, but use eye drops. Lol.

[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Wow, almost every few weeks a new surprise in this.
And yes the selecting Zener click/thump is gone, thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

Hi Dave - Which modes will get optimised? At the moment the 160, Zener and 2k5 all use a lot more cpu than say the g-buss on my current system.

Just jumped onboard after checking out this thread... TrackComp is incredible value, will probably become my go-to compressor. Would probably sell more if it had pseudo-realistic GUIs, since most folks mix with their eyes these days.

Eyes... oh wait! Crap!

"I can still see!"

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm
HcDoom wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:49 pm How does Dave model compressors so fast? Some other well known developers cant model a single one in couple of years.
I don’t sleep and I work until my eyes bleed.

And I’ve been doing this for twenty years now.

Dave.
Just make sure your eyes are working fine before taking a snack break...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurNiNV5XvY

s28 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:31 pm Hi Dave - Which modes will get optimised? At the moment the 160, Zener and 2k5 all use a lot more cpu than say the g-buss on my current system.
I'm all for less CPU but it's totally possible that just speaks to the quality of the emulations and the amount of component modeling required. There was a video recently posted where Dave talked about how for some elements of a circuit, you can get away with some shortcuts (my word, not his) but for the more non-linear and dynamic portions brute force modeling is required, which is CPU intensive. So if getting great models requires more CPU, I'd much rather have that.

I'd still like to see optional oversampling implemented as an option like on the LA-2A, to use even more CPU. I mean...improve sound quality further. :P

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^ those are in a beta version, yes.

....... Dave said in a Gearslutz thread that the new beta models aren't optimized hence the higher CPU use (especially try the 2k5 on feedback mode ;) )

3ee wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:28 pm ....... Dave said in a Gearslutz thread that the new beta models aren't optimized hence the higher CPU use (especially try the 2k5 on feedback mode ;) )
Just saw that. Excellent! :tu:

Vortifex wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:14 pm
s28 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:31 pm Hi Dave - Which modes will get optimised? At the moment the 160, Zener and 2k5 all use a lot more cpu than say the g-buss on my current system.
Are these on a beta version? I'm using the trial and don't have these options.
You can download the beta here https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/
Should also work with the trial version!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:35 pm
3ee wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:28 pm ....... Dave said in a Gearslutz thread that the new beta models aren't optimized hence the higher CPU use (especially try the 2k5 on feedback mode ;) )
Just saw that. Excellent! :tu:

rsp
sound sculptist

By the time Dave is done optimizing this plugin, it probably should cost $100 more... lol
I feel privileged that I bought this plugin with only the E-channel, G-bus, one 1176 and a LA2A.. and now the plugin has doubled its functionality for free. Way to go!
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Effects”