DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Endor-8o8 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:31 am To be honest...I'm a bit embarassed to have bought the UAD/Softube Zenner Limiter some months ago seeing the Zener mode added FOR FREE to the TrackComp. :lol:
And damn it sounds reeeeeaaaaaally close to the Softube one and it costs a fraction of the price. And for that price, you have a lot of other models. The 1176 and LA2A models sound incredible and there might be a 2500 emu on the way... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you Dave and all the DMG team ! :clap:
Great work DMG.

Zener is a winner.

A question to Dave if I may: in your last Youtube video you were mentioning components that are dynamic but linear, what does it mean? Are those the ones that can be expressed with logarithms or something else entirely? Thank you.

Selecting Zener on Cubase 10.0.40 on OS X.14.6 causes Cubase to emit a short thump sound.

rsp
sound sculptist

DaveGamble wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:20 pm
pekbro wrote:Hmm, doesn't work for me Win 8.1 64, tried it in 3 hosts so far. Live, Bitwig, Reaper...
Unfortunately, I have to go to work, will try again later. :(

Small niggle I'm sure :)
Heya,

Let me know if you continue to have trouble - I'll get things sorted ASAP. Always good to double check that you have your license installed!

Dave.
I'm running an ancient 2011 windows 7 and it works perfectly.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

They don't ever do sales do they ? So there's little point waiting until BF to buy it ?

Digivolt wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm They don't ever do sales do they ? So there's little point waiting until BF to buy it ?
Would be great if they did sales.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I actually think it's best if they don't do sales. Ever.

escalona wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 pm I actually think it's best if they don't do sales. Ever.
Why is that?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:17 am A question to Dave if I may: in your last Youtube video you were mentioning components that are dynamic but linear, what does it mean? Are those the ones that can be expressed with logarithms or something else entirely? Thank you.
Capacitors and inductors, when operating within the right ranges, are linear and dynamic.
Dynamic = relates to time.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Dave, thank you for your answer.

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:41 pm
escalona wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 pm I actually think it's best if they don't do sales. Ever.
Why is that?
This is just my opinion: I rather have Dave doing what he does best and adding more awesome models to TrackComp, or adding features, dealing with DAW-specific nightmares, attending to customers in forums like this, creating new plugins, etc... rather than coming up with the next voucher, blackfriday, cybermonday, galactic-thursday, rent-to-own scheme, plugin rental process, plugin deal of a lifetime or deal of the ultralife... and pissing every other customer off on his way. I feel the same about Valhalla or ToneBoosters. I think their work ethics is what sets them apart, rather than their marketing techniques. Their prices are stable and demonstrate their worth. The moment they fall into the discount this, voucher that, we are done. Once again, my personal opinion only.

escalona wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:18 am
Why is that?
This is just my opinion: I rather have Dave doing what he does best and adding more awesome models to TrackComp, or adding features, dealing with DAW-specific nightmares, attending to customers in forums like this, creating new plugins, etc... rather than coming up with the next voucher, blackfriday, cybermonday, galactic-thursday, rent-to-own scheme, plugin rental process, plugin deal of a lifetime or deal of the ultralife... and pissing every other customer off on his way. I feel the same about Valhalla or ToneBoosters. I think their work ethics is what sets them apart, rather than their marketing techniques. Their prices are stable and demonstrate their worth. The moment they fall into the discount this, voucher that, we are done. Once again, my personal opinion only.
You have a point :tu:

escalona wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:18 am
Why is that?
Interesting point of view ! :tu:
DMG always offers a good discount on the launch period and dynamic discount
related to the plugins you own in your account so that's a good deal.

Are there any plans in future for a LA-3A emu for trackcomp ?

LA3 and resize-able GUI for track comp would be most welcome in an update please!!

Return to “Effects”