DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What he said on Facebook was : "API 2500 if you'll send me photos of the insides"
More BPM please

hlecram wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:34 pm
HcDoom wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 pmApi 2500
:tu:
As far as I'm concerned Mr. Zener and Mr. 2500 will round this one brilliantly for me. :party:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

bmanic wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 pm Holy shit!! The Zener model in the current beta sounds AMAZING!!! Well done Dave!! :D

EDIT: Found a bug though. Wet/Dry isn't working for the Zener model.
Yep, found+fixed. New soon.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

The order I would like to see them in is: emi, api, n*v* and 67x

I suspect the Fairchild would be a mammoth undertaking considering how complex the circuit is, unless Dave has some ridiculously accurate tube code snippets lying around. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

dionenoid wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:05 pm What he said on Facebook was : "API 2500 if you'll send me photos of the insides"
.. also not sure about this as the API uses it's own custom op-amp doesn't it? So not easy to match without sending a physical unit to Dave that he can tear apart/measure each component.

Then again, I know nothing about this kind of analogue modeling and Dave's a wizard!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 pm I suspect the Fairchild would be a mammoth undertaking considering how complex the circuit is, unless Dave has some ridiculously accurate tube code snippets lying around. :)
Well, I have a 670, and the circuit isn't that complex. I've actually got the audio path done for the 670, albeit not optimised yet. It adds that "subtle something". Which is actually just a lil bit of distortion.

bmanic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:54 pm
dionenoid wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:05 pm What he said on Facebook was : "API 2500 if you'll send me photos of the insides"
.. also not sure about this as the API uses it's own custom op-amp doesn't it? So not easy to match without sending a physical unit to Dave that he can tear apart/measure each component.

Then again, I know nothing about this kind of analogue modeling and Dave's a wizard!
TWO custom opamps - the 2510 and the 2520. The 2510 was a bit of a challenge, but I have that done now. The 2520... there are so many versions... but I have a load of 'em, and I've traced schematics out. But also someone has lent me a unit... :D Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DaveGamble wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:34 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 pm I suspect the Fairchild would be a mammoth undertaking considering how complex the circuit is, unless Dave has some ridiculously accurate tube code snippets lying around. :)
Well, I have a 670, and the circuit isn't that complex. I've actually got the audio path done for the 670, albeit not optimised yet. It adds that "subtle something". Which is actually just a lil bit of distortion.
I just looked up the schematics for the 660/670 - its not that complicated. Mostly triodes and everything in a typical configurations. On the other hand, the a*i 2500 looks complex not just because of custom opamps but the internal pics that are online, however I dont know how much of it is the audio signal path.

670: http://audio.kubarth.com/fairchild/670_ ... edrawn.png

Signal path is API2510 wired as balanced received, THAT2180 VCA, API2520 with preset gain, HPF, trafo out. Join the DMGAudiophiles fb group if you'd like to see recent postings on the topic :)

Here's a scruffy redraw of one channel of the 670 with a lot less crossing wires. https://imgur.com/LJMVGwy

DaveGamble wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 am Signal path is API2510 wired as balanced received, THAT2180 VCA, API2520 with preset gain, HPF, trafo out. Join the DMGAudiophiles fb group if you'd like to see recent postings on the topic :)
At least you won't get a cease and desist because of your knob design. :lol:

The Zener mode in the TrackComp new beta sounds amazing...perfect competitor for the Softube one. I don't get why TrackComp is so underrated...people should really give it a try. For the price and quality offered, it's one of the best software comp out there at the moment.

Yeah I'm going to pick this up. Agree with the above - it was good value before and now it's pretty amazing with the extra modes in the beta.

Seriously good quality as per usual from dmg.

s28 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:15 am Yeah I'm going to pick this up. Agree with the above - it was good value before and now it's pretty amazing with the extra modes in the beta.

Seriously good quality as per usual from dmg.
To be honest...I'm a bit embarassed to have bought the UAD/Softube Zenner Limiter some months ago seeing the Zener mode added FOR FREE to the TrackComp. :lol:
And damn it sounds reeeeeaaaaaally close to the Softube one and it costs a fraction of the price. And for that price, you have a lot of other models. The 1176 and LA2A models sound incredible and there might be a 2500 emu on the way... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you Dave and all the DMG team ! :clap:

Return to “Effects”