DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:17 pm
cturner wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:46 pm I established an Facebook account recently, but it’s a “read-only” thing for me: only pages I’m following are audio tech vendors. It’s way faster (ie less interaction) than KVR/GS if you just want the news about product intros, updates, etc. If you sign up with an unused email addy and don’t post, FB knows very little about you.
Except all the things you're interested in, which they'll monitor by what you read and will then be sold to advertisers along with your email address and any other data you provided as part of the sign up process. Even something as seemingly innocuous as a mobile phone number alone can provide a TON of real-world information about the person it belongs to - so if they have that (maybe for two-factor authentication) then that's out there too. Great article in the Times this weekend about what you can find on a person just based on a mobile number. Then once you start doing giant database joins on things like email address, mobile, interests, etc. there's enough data out there to build scary-detailed profiles, or for hackers to potentially use for fraud. Every interaction produces data, all of which can be combined and joined with data from other sources once you have one or two identifies. I'm not on Facebook, but I'm on Instagram so I'm sure they've got a ton of similar data on me. It is what it is, but I'd warn against the assumption that by signing up with unimportant email address and not posting that you're in the clear and evading these types of privacy concerns.

Compressors you say? :hihi:
Except, if you're not in the USA and not involved in any overtly criminal activity, they can do f**k all to you.

To add to what they collect - browser metadata. Which means everything. Cheers!

omiroad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:50 pm And I'd think developers would be the first to realize these things and would act accordingly.
I mean... I guess you're right? But I'm lazy and just wanted a small group of people to chat to, and had the window open? FWIW it's not on the official DMGAudio FB, it's on a lil DMGAudio-related group someone started, which I sometimes post stupid questions to, so I can ask stuff without needing to sound especially sensible. And it's only got a few people on it, unlike the fora, which are public.
*shrug*

Anyway, please don't ascribe to stupidity what should be ascribed to laziness :D
[although maybe it's both]

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

omiroad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:44 am It's strange to see developers rely on Facebook so much and expecting us to have accounts there. Maybe it's an age thing.
I'm super not expecting. *SUPER* not. It really was me just posting randomly late at night :)

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:50 pm
omiroad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:44 am It's strange to see developers rely on Facebook so much and expecting us to have accounts there. Maybe it's an age thing.
I'm super not expecting. *SUPER* not. It really was me just posting randomly late at night :)

Dave.
Any venue is a venue. I check FB quickly to see what's going on about things I care about, I also check this forum for the same reason. Some developers are on twitter, some on instagram... It's just choices. I don't think anyone should judge anybody based on what online platforms they use to interact with other professionals and/or customers.
It's really up to us how deeper we want to get into social media. I usually take 10-12 minutes n the morning while having coffee, check everything I'm curious about then move on with my day (except now that I'm writing this while eating a sandwich).

Anyway, as someone else said... compressors?
:tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

New installers up now that fix the 76A model: https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/

Dave.

Hi Dave, thakns.
What was 'wrong' with the 76A?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:41 am Hi Dave, thakns.
What was 'wrong' with the 76A?
rsp
On the beta with both the 76A and the 160, clicking the 76A got you the 160. So attack/release/ratio did nothing. Now you get the 76A :)

lol. ahhh :)
rsp
sound sculptist

3ee wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:30 am ^ In my experience, this Trackcomp is one of the very few processors that you can 'tune' to be a dist/sat unit and sound GREAT! .... try and experiment with the DMG mode for example with sidechain.... start with attack and release at 0.0 and go from there... it sounds alive.. I guess it's a matter of time before DMG releases a 'tracksturation/dist/clipper...
The clip/limiter stage of Compassion is one of my favorite things ever, I would love for them to release it or something like it in the track series.

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:47 am Also on the FB group I ran a lil poll for what comp people would like to see me work on next. Options were (roughly):

- EMI Zener
- Red3
- A*I2500 (and you'll send me photos of the insides)
- LA3A
- Sta-level

That's the order they came out in so far. What does KVR think?

Dave.
Just tried the new Zener beta and it sounds so good!

33609 and/or Red3 would be very nice.

Yep, that Zener THD mode is a nice addition too...
More BPM please

Api 2500

Holy shit!! The Zener model in the current beta sounds AMAZING!!! Well done Dave!! :D

EDIT: Found a bug though. Wet/Dry isn't working for the Zener model.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

HcDoom wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am Dave, any chance for API 2500 emu?

HcDoom wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 pmApi 2500

Return to “Effects”