DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pabloaldunate wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 am 1176 Rev A Blue Stripe added in the public beta. It gets better and better.
https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/
I'm confused... I didn't know they did public beta. How long has this been going on and where can I find more info? I mean like is there a forum for bug reports and feature requests or something? I've only been using DMG plugins for a couple years but I didn't know they did this at all.

Notheorem729 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 pm I'm confused... I didn't know they did public beta. How long has this been going on and where can I find more info? I mean like is there a forum for bug reports and feature requests or something? I've only been using DMG plugins for a couple years but I didn't know they did this at all.
Dave posted this on a Facebook group called DMG Audiophiles.

Notheorem729 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 pm I'm confused...
There is no more info (asides the Facebook group), we don't widely announce betas until full launch, they give users with issues and our beta testers an opportunity to check the latest builds. As such they're really only something that people know about if they need to (e.g. they reported a bug and the beta hopefully fixes it) or we need to test with more users quickly.

Bug reports/feature requests to the usual (contact at dmgaudio dot com) address please.

Enjoy the Rev A, I think it sounds great, never realised how distinct it sounded from the Rev D.

Notheorem729 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 pm
pabloaldunate wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 am 1176 Rev A Blue Stripe added in the public beta. It gets better and better.
I'm confused... I didn't know they did public beta. How long has this been going on and where can I find more info? I mean like is there a forum for bug reports and feature requests or something? I've only been using DMG plugins for a couple years but I didn't know they did this at all.
Indeed. It's not really a thing. I was just hoping to find someone sat next to a revA who could do a compare for me :D As in the original FB post, I've simplified one capacitor and I want someone to check it's not audible. ;)
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

You could use this to test for yourself too

https://mixanalog.com/gear/1176-RevA.html

DaveGamble wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:01 pm
Notheorem729 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 pm
Indeed. It's not really a thing. I was just hoping to find someone sat next to a revA who could do a compare for me :D As in the original FB post, I've simplified one capacitor and I want someone to check it's not audible. ;)
The parameters of so very different though, how does one compare?
I have a friend who has a 1176A..

For my own interest I tried to compare it to my favourite, UAD-2 1176A.. My go to Vocal compressor, I gave up trying to match them after about 30 minutes.
rsp
sound sculptist

Havok wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm You could use this to test for yourself too

https://mixanalog.com/gear/1176-RevA.html
I have a unit here too; I'm really after more ears. I find it very hard to switch from the maths to listening so more ears is helpful :)

zvenx wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 pm The parameters of so very different though, how does one compare?
I have a friend who has a 1176A..

For my own interest I tried to compare it to my favourite, UAD-2 1176A.. My go to Vocal compressor, I gave up trying to match them after about 30 minutes.
rsp
Min and max timings for attack and release are marked with red lines on the sliders. Start with either min or max? Ratio is discrete. Then adjust the threshold to see if you can get 'em to line up. Op stage is surprisingly clean, so use makeup as it suits you.

No idea whether the UAD2 is a good model or not, which is why I'm after someone trying with the hardware. :)

Edit: Test with mono material if you're putting it against the hardware.

Dave.

Oh my, not only does the new demo seem to include 76A but also 160. Excited to test this ASAP, thanks for the additions.

subterfuge wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 am Oh my, not only does the new demo seem to include 76A but also 160. Excited to test this ASAP, thanks for the additions.
+1
rsp
sound sculptist

Like it wasn't already magnificent...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I normally use a pretty transparent compressor and go to other methods for saturation (Elektron Analog Heat, Decapatator, etc.), but I’m curious to start exploring compressor as coloration. Sounds like this would be perfect. Too bad my damn family’s dragging me to Disneyland tomorrow. :lol: (OK, I’m a bit excited to do the Millennium Falcon ride. :hihi:)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

^ In my experience, this Trackcomp is one of the very few processors that you can 'tune' to be a dist/sat unit and sound GREAT! .... try and experiment with the DMG mode for example with sidechain.... start with attack and release at 0.0 and go from there... it sounds alive.. I guess it's a matter of time before DMG releases a 'tracksturation/dist/clipper...

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 pm To clarify, he meant he was looking into modelling it, not that it would wind up in TrackComp. The extra slots are to avoid problems in the future if we did add more models, not an implication that we will. Each unit has taken a significant amount of time to model, measure and compare.
Well, what are you waiting for? You could have written like three lines of code in the time it took to answer that post!

:lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

3ee wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:30 am ^ In my experience, this Trackcomp is one of the very few processors that you can 'tune' to be a dist/sat unit and sound GREAT! .... try and experiment with the DMG mode for example with sidechain.... start with attack and release at 0.0 and go from there... it sounds alive.. I guess it's a matter of time before DMG releases a 'tracksturation/dist/clipper...
Nice, that sounds exactly like what I’m looking for. I’ll test it out as soon as I’m back.
Zerocrossing Media

Return to “Effects”