DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 am Just an FYI - a new version of TrackComp was just released with a completely redesigned 1176 model amongst other things. Existing projects will load the old model for compatibility, but new ones will use the new model.

https://dmgaudio.com/trackcomp#history

I'm hoping they reset demos. Would love to check it out now.
Hey,

Demo resets are no problem - do just drop us an email.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

cantaloupe wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 pm Anybody tried the new model yet? I can't find much information about it other than "new and improved"
Heya,

In the main it sounds identical to the old model, except for using about a tenth of the CPU ;)
In all-in mode, it's much more accurate in terms of the sound of how the FET kicks in across the QBias voltage - gets rid of the crackles and pops, and gives you that awesome grittyness.

At some point I'll probably write something up about the deep misery that FET has caused me, since none of the SPICE models (equations for the physics of the FET) capture it accurately enough to describe what you can actually hear, and I had to go on a crazy quest to measure the actual device, which was neither easy nor fun! Makes almost exactly no difference in most usage, but when it does matter (bass, all-in, mild drive), the unit sounds legit awesome, and we needed to capture that right.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Thanks, appreciate your efforts on this. Kudos to that kind of dedication to get things right.

I tend to use TrackComp at pretty extreme settings, so the crackly pre 1.03 76D was out of the question for me. Happy to dive back into it.

Excellent! One of the few plugins I am constantly using.

Dave, I'm still a big user of your SV 315 MK2 (Sonalksis). Is the compression behavior/saturation etc. comparable with one of the models from Trackcomp?

I come from a all hardware and sonalkis was my first software compressor and it used to do some awesome things to my kicks. I never tried dmg plugs except metaplugin for the oversampling only. I hate fancy pants gui with alot of settings tweaks and twoks. I need knobby things to make my head go yeah thus is what I remember. However, I might have to try this track comp and their new compressor they just released. I can gel with that. I always thought that did clean plugins didn't know this was emulating anything due to the gui. I'll buy in though.

damayor wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:34 pm I never tried dmg plugs except metaplugin for the oversampling only.
Metaplugin is DDMF. :wink:

Damn your right. I guess i need to try some if these dmg plugins. I don't own any. What are some stellar ones?

damayor wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:59 pm Damn your right. I guess i need to try some if these dmg plugins. I don't own any. What are some stellar ones?
my personal top 5 (daily use)
Multiplicity - awesome multiband compression
Equilibrium - arguably still the best EQ around with many many filter shapes
Limitless - one of the best, if not the best transparent limiter
TrackComp - unites classic compression designs with state of the art modelling
Compassion - ultimative versatile compressor

EQuilibrium and Limitless are my two favorites from DMG. TrackComp is good but I have so many other emulations (including hardware clones of three models). I keep meaning to demo their gates and dressers but happy enough with my current options to annoys the temptation.

damayor wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:59 pm Damn your right. I guess i need to try some if these dmg plugins. I don't own any. What are some stellar ones?
Almost all are among the very best there is. But don't demo 'em until you are sure you can afford them... :)

finally I can use the 1176 emulation! ... still a bit annoying when adjusting the Q Bias vs threshold but whatever, one can get used to that... :) very impressive that it uses about a 10th of CPU in comparison with the hoggy old version! :clap:

The models on this certainly the SSL emulations are the best Ive heard...still testing the 76 and LA but the DMG is also a fantastic compressor...honestly you could use this as your only compressor plugin (I guess is the point lol)...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

1176 Rev A Blue Stripe added in the public beta. It gets better and better.
https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/

Oh nice, i've had my eye on this for a while. Might treat myself sometime as I hardly ever buy anything new. I remember loving the dmg and ssl comps on it when demoing.

Return to “Effects”