recommend me a plugin for granular synthesis/mangling

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought Cataliz from Blinksonic. These are really top-shelf Reaktor ensembles, with a really distinctive, but unified style.

Currently finding my way with this. Bit overwhelmed, but with mind-blown. It's a fun journey, either way :love:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:51 am Just bought Cataliz from Blinksonic. These are really top-shelf Reaktor ensembles, with a really distinctive, but unified style.

Currently finding my way with this. Bit overwhelmed, but with mind-blown. It's a fun journey, either way :love:
o shit i love blinksonic, i own 2 of their ensembles and their two of my absolute reaktor favorites. didnt realize they had something new out already! i will have to check that out asap

worldfever wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:51 am Just bought Cataliz from Blinksonic. These are really top-shelf Reaktor ensembles, with a really distinctive, but unified style.

o shit i love blinksonic, i own 2 of their ensembles and their two of my absolute reaktor favorites. didnt realize they had something new out already! i will have to check that out asap
Yup! Had some stuff of theirs on my to-buy list for a while, but never got around to actually buying them. Really inspiring stuff :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:29 am
Yup! Had some stuff of theirs on my to-buy list for a while, but never got around to actually buying them. Really inspiring stuff :tu:
I really love AETØNZ° and Ruidoz, and this new one has already got me. I think I gotta insta buy it :help: This is also a rare case of a company where I actually want to be in some kind of newsletter or mailing, but I cant find a way to sign up. lol

worldfever wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:34 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:29 am
I really love AETØNZ° and Ruidoz, and this new one has already got me. I think I gotta insta buy it :help: This is also a rare case of a company where I actually want to be in some kind of newsletter or mailing, but I cant find a way to sign up. lol
I did think about Ruidoz, but I'm more interested in Substanz and Fretz. One day :D

The developer is really responsive by email, so maybe see if he will start a newsletter.

I still have only really scratched the surface of Cataliz as there really is a lot to get through. The developer assures me there are more videos on the way, so that should help. He also sent me a text file with all the hover-over tooltips (Like I said, he's really helpful).
One tip: I stick an eq or filter after it. It can get a bit resonant/overblown in the high-low's/low-mid's, and it helps to be able to refine things a little :tu: Of course, my listening environment doesn't help (Should also stick headphones on to enjoy the inbuilt binaural functionality)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 am I still have only really scratched the surface of Cataliz as there really is a lot to get through. The developer assures me there are more videos on the way, so that should help. He also sent me a text file with all the hover-over tooltips (Like I said, he's really helpful).
One tip: I stick an eq or filter after it. It can get a bit resonant/overblown in the high-low's/low-mid's, and it helps to be able to refine things a little :tu: Of course, my listening environment doesn't help (Should also stick headphones on to enjoy the inbuilt binaural functionality)
yeah, to be honest all their products entice me, I plan on getting all of them eventually :D
ruidoz is really good for like off kilter percussive structures, i really like that all of blinksonics stuff has some kind of randomness or aleatoric quality to it that you can control and shape in some form or the other, and aetonz is just a dream to make all kinds of synth/hybrid/evolving/any kind of sound

its just so refreshing to see stuff like this in a sea of boring reaktor ensembles, i feel like there haven't been ensembles of this quality and (good) weirdness recently, or at least I dont know where to find them, and cataliz, at least the concept of it and the demos are also blowing me away already. reminds me of some of the old ableton max for live IRCAM stuff, where they had this Mover max-patch where you could scrub through samples with a spectral engine, but this has a way more refined sound and way more options and enticing ways to further process as well

worldfever wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:35 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 am I still have only really scratched the surface of Cataliz as there really is a lot to get through. The developer assures me there are more videos on the way, so that should help. He also sent me a text file with all the hover-over tooltips (Like I said, he's really helpful).
yeah, to be honest all their products entice me, I plan on getting all of them eventually :D
ruidoz is really good for like off kilter percussive structures, i really like that all of blinksonics stuff has some kind of randomness or aleatoric quality to it that you can control and shape in some form or the other, and aetonz is just a dream to make all kinds of synth/hybrid/evolving/any kind of sound

its just so refreshing to see stuff like this in a sea of boring reaktor ensembles, i feel like there haven't been ensembles of this quality and (good) weirdness recently, or at least I dont know where to find them, and cataliz, at least the concept of it and the demos are also blowing me away already. reminds me of some of the old ableton max for live IRCAM stuff, where they had this Mover max-patch where you could scrub through samples with a spectral engine, but this has a way more refined sound and way more options and enticing ways to further process as well
Will look into AetonZ at some point. Agree with your sentiments with regard to the design aesthetic.

I'm not familiar with the Max or IRCAM stuff, or how it compares, but I'm sure you'll enjoy this :tu:

And another...

Will Savin's Grain Stream

https://willsavin.com/software/plugins/grain-stream/

worldfever wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 pm hey! can you recommend me a good vst/max device/reaktor ensemble capable of doing granular stuff like in this song:
granulator by the monolake guy is fine, looking for something with maybe some more capabilities. can be a commercial plugin as well ofc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFLmP9Ohb_E&t=5s
Hi again. Hope this is still of relevance for you. New entries:

CRUSHER-X
One of the most deep granular tools I stumbled across lately is the awesomely deep Crusher-X. I have no comparison for that beast. But it´s really expensive and cannot be GUI-resized. But it´s there for ages and still getting deeper :)

PALINDROME
can´t recommend this enough and now again due to the fact that Ivo has updated it some days before and now its GUI-resizable. This is an awesome granulator which has a fantastic sound engine over the whole tonal range of your keyboard. It just sounds amazing no matter what you do, including the FM quality while holding the gran-size very small. But it really shines when it comes to sound design. 4 granular samplers which you all can modulate and put effects like ring-mod/ delay etc. seperately. You can morph all 4 Samplers together on self-defined pathes where the playheads travel literally like you want them to. This is awesomly cool and Palindrome gives you immense and huge options to make endless variations of different sound creation. Beware: this thing is addictive.

nichttuntun wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:24 am

Hi again. Hope this is still of relevance for you. New entries:

CRUSHER-X
One of the most deep granular tools I stumbled across lately is the awesomely deep Crusher-X. I have no comparison for that beast. But it´s really expensive and cannot be GUI-resized. But it´s there for ages and still getting deeper :)

PALINDROME
can´t recommend this enough and now again due to the fact that Ivo has updated it some days before and now its GUI-resizable. This is an awesome granulator which has a fantastic sound engine over the whole tonal range of your keyboard. It just sounds amazing no matter what you do, including the FM quality while holding the gran-size very small. But it really shines when it comes to sound design. 4 granular samplers which you all can modulate and put effects like ring-mod/ delay etc. seperately. You can morph all 4 Samplers together on self-defined pathes where the playheads travel literally like you want them to. This is awesomly cool and Palindrome gives you immense and huge options to make endless variations of different sound creation. Beware: this thing is addictive.
thanks for your tips! this thread will probably forever be relevant to me lol. crusher-x is indeed a hell of a beast sounds amazing and anything granular seems to be possible with it, its a bit too complex for everyday composition/sound design use to me. Palindrome on the other hand seems a bit more intuitive and unique/specialized in this morph-plotting thing, even though its complex as well so I might give that one a shot soon, its been on my list for sure. Most glitchmachines stuff is awesome.

Cool. Yes it is :)

CrusherX 8 Beta, processing a flute phrase from one of my chamber music pieces, making use of the new GCO oscillators introduced in version 8.

https://youtu.be/NMbAUasAMbc

Hi. A great sound example. Thank you for sharing. Version 8 of the crusher maybe released officially in June when everything works out well. It will have great new features plus GUI resizability, the GCO and an arpeggiator. This will be a great update from version 7.5. Have joy and be sound.

CrusherX 8 Beta as a Midi-controlled plug-in, playing the pitches on a keyboard (poly gated mode) - granulating an e-bowed lyre texture (side-chain input) and mixing the grains with a GCO oscillator which uses male overtone singing as sound source.

https://youtu.be/uOYANG0axQo

Return to “Effects”