Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

virtualpt wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Just bought PadshopPro (Steinberg)...
Really cool and inspiring!
Yeah great synth, just wish it would get some love from Steinberg
Yep, they pretty much abandoned it with no more feature updates, wouldn't count on them for that. Still, a very amazing granular synth sound wise, its granular engine is very powerful.
Is everything not updated within the last 24 months abandoned? Urs Heckmann and Native Instruments (just to name a few) would disagree!
When was the last feature update for Padshop? (Genuine update, not just some compatibility maintenance to keep the sells)

....2012. That's not what I call constant support and updates.
Padshop Pro is a fantastic granular synth, but their aren't even maintenance updates now. The AU is so buggy that I bought Blue Cat's Patchwork so that I could use the VST instead. I have several other granular synths, including Granite & The Mangle, but none of them are a Padshop Pro replacement. I am looking forward to the release of Quanta (which should be soon). I have high hopes that this will be able to replace Padshop Pro for me. https://www.audiodamage.com/blogs/news/coming-soon
Padshop is a very good granular instrument for me due to its fantastic modulation matrix.

QUANTA from AudioDamage sounds awesome to me on paper and it works my way that they have no copy protection because I don´t buy stuff with response challenge or dongles any more.

I got a question concerning AudioDamage because I never came into contact with things from them. Are their VSTs stable? Are they maintaining them with further patches and new features after release?

Thank you in advance.
Are their products stabe

nichttuntun wrote: I got a question concerning AudioDamage because I never came into contact with things from them. Are their VSTs stable? Are they maintaining them with further patches and new features after release?
I have never had any stability issues & yes they update & also create new versions with an upgrade path.

virtualpt wrote:
nichttuntun wrote: I got a question concerning AudioDamage because I never came into contact with things from them. Are their VSTs stable? Are they maintaining them with further patches and new features after release?
I have never had any stability issues & yes they update & also create new versions with an upgrade path.
AD update and maintain their stuff, with cheap upgrades for previous license owners. Eos2 was released last year and has several updates since.

I just got Puremagnetic Granule, its nice but quickly discovered its actually a wrapped csound module

Probably created with Cabbage which is free and comes with hundreds of effects and synths you can export to VST plugins.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Can also recommend Hadron, also a csound based VST but quite bonkers

http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
Amazon: why not use an alternative

virtualpt, controlcenter,
thank you. Sounds great I am interested :)

nichttuntun wrote:I got a question concerning AudioDamage because I never came into contact with things from them. Are their VSTs stable? Are they maintaining them with further patches and new features after release?
Audio Damage plugins are stable and reliable.
They don't get updated very often with new features, but at the moment they are updating their whole plugin line, so i might say that they update them "when it's needed".
Think about Audio Damage as "feature complete" plugins when released, and buy them for what they do (not for what you may expect them to do at some point).

The Mangle is also very good, with no support, no updates, but it works quite fine and it's not expensive.

If you can't wait AD Quanta's release, you might give Argot Lunar a try in the meantime.

sinkmusic wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:I got a question concerning AudioDamage because I never came into contact with things from them. Are their VSTs stable? Are they maintaining them with further patches and new features after release?
Audio Damage plugins are stable and reliable.
They don't get updated very often with new features, but at the moment they are updating their whole plugin line, so i might say that they update them "when it's needed".
Think about Audio Damage as "feature complete" plugins when released, and buy them for what they do (not for what you may expect them to do at some point).

The Mangle is also very good, with no support, no updates, but it works quite fine and it's not expensive.

If you can't wait AD Quanta's release, you might give Argot Lunar a try in the meantime.
Hi. I delved into Audio Damage and I fell in love. Seems to be another haven for me. I love FM, additive and granular :D

The MANGLE:
Did you receive an email too by Tom recently?

Argot Lunar.
It's becoming too much :D

About the Mangle, yes, i received an e-mail.
About Audio Damage,they provide no demo, but if you don't like the effect, you can ask for a refund and they will proceed it.
Argot Lunar is not a synth (as far as i remember), but it is a very fun granular effect to try, and it is free ;)

Thank you. Then I am fine. I thought Toms mail would be phishing.

Audio Damage:
I don't think I will give back a tool by them. Watched the videos and they are simply great!

Argot:
It's nice but glitchy and I already got other stuff for that purpose.

Sorry for bumping this; some really nice suggestions in this topic!

I wanted to ask, how does SampleSumo’s SaltyGrain stack up to the suggestions here?

BeeDog wrote:I wanted to ask, how does SampleSumo’s SaltyGrain stack up to the suggestions here?
I think SaltyGrain (formerly known as KTGranulator) is a very good granulator plugin. It's simple, easy to use, it does its specialty, pure and only granulation, very well. Pretty mellow on CPU too, even with many instances, I never had any CPU problems. Each parameters can have randomization too, perfect of organic non-static sounds. Freeze function allows endless drones and soundscapes. I suggest you to give the demo a try and see.

N/M

What he said:
pekbro wrote:Well unless you prepared to spend upwards of $200 on a more rounded
plugin with granular functionality, e.g. Falcon or Avenger, PadShop is
really the only playable choice.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/v ... p_pro.html

Mangle or Polygon are alternatives, but they are both pretty heavy with character
imposed by their designs. E.g. not really standard granular fare...

There are also effect types, like the Melda Productions MGranular or whatever.
These are not going to be as flexible soundwise as a dedicated synth however.

-Cheers

sinkmusic wrote:About the Mangle, yes, i received an e-mail.
can you please PM me about this if it is not about links - I received no email but bought Mangle long ago. I think it excellent, Tom has great interface design skills, it is a shame he has not been able to give more time to his plugin ideas

thanks, woggle

Return to “Effects”