Waves Audio Plugin GUI is laggy and slow

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kbaccki wrote:OpenGL drivers on ATI hardware has been historically suboptimal... not sure these days... may or may not be relevant...
Yes, that's absolutely right, my previous card was an ATI Radeon and Waves ran like a dog on it. Replaced it with an Nvidia and they run like a dream.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

an-electric-heart wrote:.... I bought a new Waves plug the other day, and while installing it updated all my my newer ones from version 9 to 10...
Wait, are you sure about that? I knew version 10 was thought to be coming soon, but this is the first I'm hearing of it actually being out!

There hasn't been any announcement, and I would think v10 would be a big deal....

The actual version is still 9 (plugin versions 9.2.0)

cprompt wrote:
kbaccki wrote:OpenGL drivers on ATI hardware has been historically suboptimal... not sure these days... may or may not be relevant...
Yes, that's absolutely right, my previous card was an ATI Radeon and Waves ran like a dog on it. Replaced it with an Nvidia and they run like a dream.
I use a 3-year old R9 with no problems with Waves or any other plugin except Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro... I had 2 instances open and my whole system was on it's knees! :o (i7 4790K). Too afraid to experiment with their other stuff! :scared:

I have a response from the wave support. They suggest a fresh installation of Waves. I have had all new installed but I did it again, but nothing changes. I am very curious what's coming next. I have bought the H-Delay and would buy the hole H-Bundle upgrade, but with this lags I'm not sure anymore.

They would have access per teamviewer to my computer, but I dont allow that. So I send this GIF of my problem. I must shorten the GIF extremely to fit all in 256kByte for the upload here.
h-reverb-short.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If that Waves Audio plugin Is too slow and laggy you should try this plugin! So fluid and fast. It can even react before you think of what you want to adjust; stochastic temporal pre-emptive adaptive psycho-sync. Negative lag baby! Pretty much the vibe of a coked up Fleetwood Mac mix session captured in one easy to use plugin. I often use it with my Oculus; it's more 3D than Nebula and absolutely the only reason I still have an iLok.

cprompt wrote:
That is intriguing, as I too have problems with laggy Waves GUIs and have a Radeon card. May I ask what model Nvidia you have?

Although I see OP has an Nvidia card too ... hmm.

I have contacted Waves support about the issue in the past, but they were unable to help. Their standard advice of reinstalling the plugins (long and buggy process last time I tried that) and updating the video driver didn't do any good.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Don't understood me wrong. I can work with the plugins and they sounds great but it is a huge different in reacting from all my other plugins.

@Eclectus:
Thx for your tip. Unfortunately it does not solve the lag problem.

Ok, I will give up.

I saw an official demo video from Waves Audio on youtube and the GUI is also not smooth there, especially if he adjust tail and eq setting you can see the little jumps. You can see this in die YT Video at time 10:41. It seams like subtle, but if you live work with die GUI it feels like you have an old computer with no power to draw the graphics fast enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp1AuSMIZOg

Eddie TX wrote:
cprompt wrote:
That is intriguing, as I too have problems with laggy Waves GUIs and have a Radeon card. May I ask what model Nvidia you have?

Although I see OP has an Nvidia card too ... hmm.

I have contacted Waves support about the issue in the past, but they were unable to help. Their standard advice of reinstalling the plugins (long and buggy process last time I tried that) and updating the video driver didn't do any good.

Cheers,
Eddie
No..i have 2 systems. One AMD RX480 and one Nvidia GTX1060. Both run waves plugins the same. The performance (audio) is fine. But the UI is laggy and slow.

flugel45 wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:.... I bought a new Waves plug the other day, and while installing it updated all my my newer ones from version 9 to 10...
Wait, are you sure about that? I knew version 10 was thought to be coming soon, but this is the first I'm hearing of it actually being out!

There hasn't been any announcement, and I would think v10 would be a big deal....
Sorry, maybe I meant I had to roll back to an older version of 9. I've got a lot of Waves some aren't licensed beyond version 8, and 8 still works fine, so I'm not that fussed about not having the latest versions... so long as they work.

Ok, now the support answered again. They compared there test maschines with my GIF and they have the exact same behavior. So this is not a bug, it is like it is.

Taurus wrote:They would have access per teamviewer to my computer, but I dont allow that. So I send this GIF of my problem. I must shorten the GIF extremely to fit all in 256kByte for the upload here.
h-reverb-short.gif
Personally I've never had a laggy problem, but that's not to say other people haven't.

I have Teamviewed with them before. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FEAR.

You actually see what they are doing and can watch their every move. You can learn a bit from watching them work too. They are there to solve a problem for you, not to steal information or plant viruses.

It's no different to leaving you car at the mechanics and watching them work on it.

Also with the fresh install did you uninstall everything first. I know incompatibilities between older and newer Waveshells and plugins can cause a lot of issues.

I experienced a severe lag using H reverb last night.About 3 seconds on any move and Cpu jumed to 40%. I closed Reaper reopened and it was gone. Codex uses 10% when gui is open and 2% when closed always, and some times I experience the same lag as the H verb even to the point of it consuming all reasourses.

Dell laptop 2.6 dual core 8 gb ram. Reaper 5.4 64, latest waves. Ill check the video card this eve.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Effects”