New plugin from Waves CLA Mixdown

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Underpants did a review ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne5FyQRKt1U
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

RealJustin wrote:OMG, this plugin it´s completely unnecessary. I demoe´d it and what I found out:
The "Bass" is a low shelf around 300Hz and the "Treble" is a bell curve around 3Khz. Add your best BusComp ("Glue") and it´s done. (The "Drive" doesn´t do much).
This plugin is designed for absolute beginners. Save your money!
What it does, it does well. The eq curves are nice and very smooth, and the two compressors (an SSL and a Focusrite) do a great job. The drive is pretty useless. As an idiot-proof "channel strip" it works well, it's hard to go wrong with it and it definitely sounds nice on some material.

Having said all that, I didn't buy it as it wasn't as awesome as I'd hoped it would've (and could've) been. Will play around with it more though, maybe I am expecting too much.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Tested it and....no it doesn't do anything that I can't achieve with the plugins I already have. No purchase for me.

How does this compare the Ik's Lurssen plugin?
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

What kind of bus compressor does this come with? I've seen people say its basically the ssl G? Any truth to that?

From what I've read, it's the SSL E or G and the Focusrite Red. CLA is famed for using both apparantly.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

lingyai wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Meh! I'm not into "soundgoodizers" that don't, either model specific hardware, or do something very unique technically (e.g. Abbey Road Vinyl). In both cases I expect the plugin to export the control to the user in a way that maps intelligently to original hardware or to the underlying concepts.

This is just yet another way of Waves reselling their existing code reconfigured in some "magical" way that a celebrity has approved, for a price, of course.
Fair enough, to each his own, and I'm also wary of marketing bullshit... having said that, I've used some CLA artist-series signature plugs, and while they are black boxy, as often as not they have in fact sounded pretty damned good imho, albeit after a bit of tweaking. It's not magic, but it ain't sh*t either.
The CLA stuff is by far the best sounding sig series plugins imo. I'll be checking this out at some point.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

everyPlugin.com

CLA Bundle owner coupon + CK901 (Waves instant saving) Coupon.
Aloysius,
how do you insert both codes ? There´s only one field.
When I insert my Waves Bundle Code it shows
Coupon code "..................." is not valid.

CK901 works fine in this field.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

echopark wrote:
everyPlugin.com

CLA Bundle owner coupon + CK901 (Waves instant saving) Coupon.
Aloysius,
how do you insert both codes ? There´s only one field.

CK901 works fine in this field.
DK39S for 15% (CK901 is 10%)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

echopark wrote: how do you insert both codes ? There´s only one field.
If you have a CLA Bundle owner coupon, send it to us manually.
We just removed it's field from the product page as too many invalid codes entered.

If I buy Chris Lord-Alge Signature Series now, will the CLA mix down be included?

do_androids_dream wrote:DK39S for 15% (CK901 is 10%)
Another one for the list. :) :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Niklashe wrote:If I buy Chris Lord-Alge Signature Series now, will the CLA mix down be included?
Checking on Waves website: http://www.waves.com/bundles/chris-lord ... ure-series
the CLA MixDown is not included in the Chris Lord-Alge Signature Series bundle

(Nevermind, wasn't the question asked! LOL)
Chris H.

HI guys - how do you feel about CLA Mixdown now after a couple of weeks?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Effects”