New plugin from Waves CLA Mixdown

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New plugin released.

Not added to the CLA Signature Series bundle though?
http://www.waves.com/bundles/chris-lord ... ure-series

That's weird.

The intro price is terrific. Sometimes I just collect this crap just to have it though, which leads to much market place biznuss. :hihi:

Tried the demo, didn't really care for the drive at all, was too harsh when raised above the default, and in general just not that noticeable at default level. Thats one thing I love about Slate VCC, they manage to keep the drive from wrecking the entire signal with aliasing even at the highest settings.

The EQ and glue sounded good, its a nice plugin for $30 certainly but for me the kind of console "mojo" I want was lacking and I already have a good EQ and several bus compressors.

It does have good workflow though, might be nice for people who want to just slap it on and go with it.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I sold the CLA series recently so this doesn't affect me, but I am curious. I thought I always read that when new plugins get added to a Waves bundle, owners of the bundle get it for free as long as the bundle is still under WUP (?), and if they upgrade the WUP on a bundle, they also get the new plugin(s) for free (?) That doesn't seem to be the case in this instance.
Play it by ear

I'm tempted, but ...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=487751
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Meh! I'm not into "soundgoodizers" that don't, either model specific hardware, or do something very unique technically (e.g. Abbey Road Vinyl). In both cases I expect the plugin to export the control to the user in a way that maps intelligently to original hardware or to the underlying concepts.

This is just yet another way of Waves reselling their existing code reconfigured in some "magical" way that a celebrity has approved, for a price, of course.

ghettosynth wrote:Meh! I'm not into "soundgoodizers" that don't, either model specific hardware, or do something very unique technically (e.g. Abbey Road Vinyl). In both cases I expect the plugin to export the control to the user in a way that maps intelligently to original hardware or to the underlying concepts.

This is just yet another way of Waves reselling their existing code reconfigured in some "magical" way that a celebrity has approved, for a price, of course.
Fair enough, to each his own, and I'm also wary of marketing bullshit... having said that, I've used some CLA artist-series signature plugs, and while they are black boxy, as often as not they have in fact sounded pretty damned good imho, albeit after a bit of tweaking. It's not magic, but it ain't sh*t either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Voice303 wrote:Tried the demo, didn't really care for the drive at all, was too harsh when raised above the default, and in general just not that noticeable at default level. Thats one thing I love about Slate VCC, they manage to keep the drive from wrecking the entire signal with aliasing even at the highest settings.

The EQ and glue sounded good, its a nice plugin for $30 certainly but for me the kind of console "mojo" I want was lacking and I already have a good EQ and several bus compressors.

It does have good workflow though, might be nice for people who want to just slap it on and go with it.
That's the thing. I've got VCC/VMR and they are wonderful. Even at a the great price, do I need it clogging up my choices?

That said, for someone who doesn't have something like that, it's probably a steal.

A grand total of $11.95. What a steal.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Where did you get for that price ?
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

everyPlugin.com

CLA Bundle owner coupon + CK901 (Waves instant saving) Coupon.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

OMG, this plugin it´s completely unnecessary. I demoe´d it and what I found out:
The "Bass" is a low shelf around 300Hz and the "Treble" is a bell curve around 3Khz. Add your best BusComp ("Glue") and it´s done. (The "Drive" doesn´t do much).
This plugin is designed for absolute beginners. Save your money!

Those mixing engineer and producers plugin series remind me of various meals recipe books "written" by TV stars.

Return to “Effects”