What's your favorite phaser VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:00 pm B.t.w.:

Softube Fix Phaser is still (only today, I think) way cheap over at Time and Space:

https://www.timespace.com/products/softube-fix-phaser
I finally gave in and bought it over the weekend. It takes up waaaay too much CPU but it's by far the most liquid, creamy and hardware-like phaser I've heard in VST form and I've tried pretty much ALL of them.

I picked up the new Audio Damage PhaseThree during the BF/CM sale. Will report back with results. :)

Last edited by Tappistry on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tappistry wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 am I picked up the new Audiority PhaseThree during the BF/CM sale. Will report back with results. :)

Were you drunk? PhaseThree is an Audio Damage product.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:40 am
Tappistry wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 am I picked up the new Audiority PhaseThree during the BF/CM sale. Will report back with results. :)

Were you drunk? PhaseThree is an Audio Damage product.
LOL I probably typed Audiority because I just left a post in the feedback thread about a related purchase. :lol:
Last edited by Tappistry on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

all these phasers suck for guitar. The only one that is any good is the overloud one.
Otherwise I think the NI Phasis is alright. And Soundtoys. Admiral quality's is awesome for a great sound it is the best i believe.

I want the overloud one as just a stand alone vst though :/ SIMPLE for guitar. Oh Wow that Gsuite plugin from 2002 is actually really good for guitar lol. Thanks!!!!!!!!! :tu:

Are there any presets for admiral quality's stunning phaser yet?

systmu wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:14 am Are there any presets for admiral quality's stunning phaser yet?
Based on progress to date I expect presets in 2020.

i have a few, i'll share them soon.

dubguy99 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:15 am
jens wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:00 pm B.t.w.:

Softube Fix Phaser is still (only today, I think) way cheap over at Time and Space:

https://www.timespace.com/products/softube-fix-phaser
I finally gave in and bought it over the weekend. It takes up waaaay too much CPU but it's by far the most liquid, creamy and hardware-like phaser I've heard in VST form and I've tried pretty much ALL of them.
yeah i can't warrant any more CPU hogs, or i would have bought it too.
a phaser taking 10% of my CPU is no good for me.
my demo expired before i could really shred the crap out of it.
Is it 'creamy' as in Small Stone/BigRock creamy? Stunning phaser is good, but it also can use a bit too much CPU i feel. Phase Mistress still does a good job i think ;) for a relatively low CPU tax.

Still looking for a great one but SoundToys Phase Mistress is sweet.

Don't forget the Hofa one, which is super-versatile (offering five different emulations) and great sounding.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

During BF I purchased the TC stomp package - the modulation (there is a phaser) fx are quite nice, too.

I only have one standalone phaser, Phasis. Works for me.
I like the Uni-Vibe emu in Amplitube Jimi Hendrix for that kind of thing.

(there is typically some way to deal in phasing effects in synths I use, firstly. I would tend towards a chorus box for an insert.).

I remember as a kid going into Reliable Music and asking what that was in Axis: Bold As Love and the guy said, enthusiastically "that's a phase shifter!"
So I demoed it, and totally no. Of course that's flanging. Somehow I never bought a phase shifter box for guitaring.

systmu wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:14 am all these phasers suck for guitar. The only one that is any good is the overloud one.
Otherwise I think the NI Phasis is alright. And Soundtoys. Admiral quality's is awesome for a great sound it is the best i believe.

I want the overloud one as just a stand alone vst though :/ SIMPLE for guitar. Oh Wow that Gsuite plugin from 2002 is actually really good for guitar lol. Thanks!!!!!!!!! :tu:

Are there any presets for admiral quality's stunning phaser yet?
Yeah it's great on guitar. Their website says presets are coming in the next update...... 'Coming soon: Completely re-done graphics (it’s grown a lot since its first conception and needs a complete re-design!), preset patches, and user manual.'

http://www.admiralquality.com/product/stunning-phaser/

Return to “Effects”