Audiodamage EOS 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Eos 2

Audio Damage ditched copy protection some time ago. So there indeed isn't any ;)

Thanks for posting this. Had no idea this was coming. I still use EOS all the time when I want a special effect reverb. Amazing for transitions and single hits on an audio file.

At $10 for the upgrade price, this is a total no brainer.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

tremolounge wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote: Didn't see any form of license protection... does it just automatically detect Eos 1?
Same thing here -- Eos 2 never asked for my serial number, so I'm assuming it detected Eos 1 on my system.
I'm presuming there's a file in my windows registry from the original (eos1) install. I think the Kombinat DVA update was similar.

Anyone using this on a high resolution screen? If so, how does it look?

Previous comments in this thread say the GUI is tiny, but that it's also vector based, yet you can't re-scale it???

No demo, so if anyone can answer that would be great. I'm trying to avoid plug-ins that go blurry on my high resolution screen.

EDIT:

Right there in front of my face :dog: , on the website:

"(featuring full Retina and Windows HiRes compatibility)"

The GUI window is indeed on the small side on a 4K 21" iMac, crisp and not blurry, but small. No way to resize it in Logic Pro X either, at least that I can find. I thought you could resize 3rd party plugin windows in Logic, guess not.

jbw wrote:?..No way to resize it in Logic Pro X either, at least that I can find. I thought you could resize 3rd party plugin windows in Logic, guess not.
It's plug-ins dependent. Some can.

nordickvr wrote:
jbw wrote:?..No way to resize it in Logic Pro X either, at least that I can find. I thought you could resize 3rd party plugin windows in Logic, guess not.
It's plug-ins dependent. Some can.
I love it on buses (with default preset or EMT).

GUI is a pain to look at (although very attractive).
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote: GUI is a pain to look at (although very attractive).
:?: :)

Small but beautiful...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Alright. Didn't know it was so small. Looked fine on their website.

dayjob wrote:
bongo_x wrote:Damn I wish they'd break down and do an AAX.
hahaahlllolll.. if they get possessed or something.. perhaps.. that's the only way. though it'd be hilarious reading the rants about PACE signing and all the required stuff that goes into AAX even when not using PACE for copy protection.

i think i remember reading a thing about how very early on adam or chris or both had some kind of HD or total computer failure due to PACE software and iLok corruption and how they right then swore off ever doing anything that required any involvement or interaction with PACE at any level.

anyway.. if they made an AAX i'd be more than just surprised..

also, if you dig into sean valhalla dsp twitter feed over the last 2 or 3 years you'll find lot's of eruptions complaining about doing AAX versions of his plug ins. it took a really long time to solve all the problems.

guess i'll go eat my hat!

chris randall on twitter:
If you're on OSX, and you own Eos 2, and you're a PT user, hit me up for an AAX version of Eos 2 to try out.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Randall/statu ... 9433452544

:clap:

BDeep wrote:Audio Damage ditched copy protection some time ago. So there indeed isn't any ;)
...although it is still mentioned in the current manual:

"During the installation process the installer will ask you to enter your registration code. Your registration code uniquely identifies your purchase, and you will need it if you need to reinstall your plug-in (for example, after upgrading to a new computer). Keep a copy of the code in a safe location and please don’t share it with your friends."

:D

(I know it doesn't ask, neither did the last eos1, but still it might me confusing. doesn't load on WinXP as well, although the manual says so. but I guess I can live with that...)

I guess the manual is in need of an update :)

Email today about an update available for download - doesn't say what's new though.

Tattoo is awesome. I love that little plugin.
thecontrolcentre wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:What happened to Rough Rider Pro or was it discontinued?
Tattoo is missing too ...

Return to “Effects”