New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

We sent in a build that fixes the Max devices issue, but PA doesn't want to release it until there's a more comprehensive fix in place. We found a JUCE issue causing the multiple window issue (so we are waiting on them) and have fixed another bug with the Cubase 10 HiDPI support.

Can I just make a small request / question about all unfiltered audio plugs....

I have been writing a lot of technoish music with swing lately.
I have racked my brain but can't come up with any way to implement swing in the modulation section of Any unfiltered audio plugs.
Anyone got any bright ideas?

Can we add pwm to the square wave/rndm lfo and swing to the step seq? Or something?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting this??
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Terrafractyl wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm Can I just make a small request / question about all unfiltered audio plugs....

I have racked my brain but can't come up with any way to implement swing in the modulation section of Any unfiltered audio plugs.

Can we add pwm to the square wave/rndm lfo and swing to the step seq? Or something?

sorry if I am misunderstanding but in the modulation sections the frequency control is in musical units including dotted and triplet - if the setting on the Hz button is set to semi-quavers instead

woggle wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 pm
Terrafractyl wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm Can I just make a small request / question about all unfiltered audio plugs....

sorry if I am misunderstanding but in the modulation sections the frequency control is in musical units including dotted and triplet - if the setting on the Hz button is set to semi-quavers instead

Hmm nope nothing to do with Sync/Freerunning, Hz vs dotted or triplets. Swing (sometimes reffered to as Shuffle) is where the 2nd and 4th beat of the bar are offset later than the 1st and 3rd.
I can currently see no way to apply this.

In my modular synth, If I clock a sequencer from a square wave LFO, modulating the pulse width of that square wave can give me swing, hence my suggestion of PWM, although I'm sure there is a better way.

I would prefer a global option, but hey, any way of doing it would be great. I understand probably only small number of people will want this, but it exists in other plugs(zebra2 has a global swing for arps, and all synced lfos), so I figure it can't hurt to ask.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

thelizard wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 pm We sent in a build that fixes the Max devices issue, but PA doesn't want to release it until there's a more comprehensive fix in place. We found a JUCE issue causing the multiple window issue (so we are waiting on them) and have fixed another bug with the Cubase 10 HiDPI support.
Any chance you will leave PA at one point?
I find your plugins the only interesting ones in their portfolio and it's my impression that you don't really fit in there too well, most other stuff they have is pretty bad or boring.
I'd actually think you would be better off without them, at least from my perspective as a user.
I find them a bit on the annoying side as a company.
Liked it better when you were still solo :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

thelizard wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 pm We sent in a build that fixes the Max devices issue, but PA doesn't want to release it until there's a more comprehensive fix in place. We found a JUCE issue causing the multiple window issue (so we are waiting on them) and have fixed another bug with the Cubase 10 HiDPI support.
Is this the multiple window issue you speak of?
If so I had reported it (maybe others had as well).
I know of one other plugin from another developer who has been waiting for Juce to fix it since at least September.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Terrafractyl wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 am Hmm nope nothing to do with Sync/Freerunning, Hz vs dotted or triplets. Swing (sometimes reffered to as Shuffle) is where the 2nd and 4th beat of the bar are offset later than the 1st and 3rd.
I can currently see no way to apply this.

In my modular synth, If I clock a sequencer from a square wave LFO, modulating the pulse width of that square wave can give me swing, hence my suggestion of PWM, although I'm sure there is a better way.
You can create shuffled triggers with a couple of square LFOs: one set to 16th notes with a narrow pulse width, for your main clock; another set to 8th notes with 50% pulse width, controlling the phase of the 16ths. The amplitude of the 8th-note LFO will control the amount of swing, and its phase should be somewhere between, say, 10-40% because you want it to be zero on the 1. I don't have BYOME for envelope triggers, but I've attached a Sandman Pro example preset with a shuffled sequence.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 am
Is this the multiple window issue you speak of?
If so I had reported it (maybe others had as well).
I know of one other plugin from another developer who has been waiting for Juce to fix it since at least September.
rsp
The JUCE thread is here: https://forum.juce.com/t/performance-is ... s/23451/35

Essentially, it's an issue with OpenGL threading, but it's not clear how fixable it is. At this stage, we're looking at how complicated it will be to ditch OpenGL entirely, especially because Apple just deprecated it.

For the Cubase HiDPI bug, we had to move from JUCE 5.3 to 5.4, which isn't a minor update at all. It caused a crash due to a timer conflict in our preset system, so we're untangling that. Once we get this solved, we should have a pretty decent BYOME patch ready for a number of the performance issues.

Thanks.
This was the one I was referring to.

https://forum.juce.com/t/popup-opens-on ... s-10/29612
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:10 pm Thanks.
This was the one I was referring to.

https://forum.juce.com/t/popup-opens-on ... s-10/29612
rsp
Oi, thanks for the heads up. I'll add that to my subscribed bugs list.

Most welcome.
rsp
sound sculptist

VCV Rack Host doesn't seem to like Byome, at least on my system -- lots of cracks and pops. 2.8Ghz MBP w i7 and 16GB Ram and pretty much nothing else running. Could it be related to latency reporting?

Running standalone and via bridge VST back to Ableton.

thelizard wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:05 pm
Essentially, it's an issue with OpenGL threading, but it's not clear how fixable it is. At this stage, we're looking at how complicated it will be to ditch OpenGL entirely, especially because Apple just deprecated it.
What would be the replacement on Windows? Direct3D? Or is there another Open Lib which Apple still supports. Seems only Metal. I guess they'll become more and more hated by the professional users..

Also, did you proceed on the Max for Live bug or is it also related to the JUCE OpenGL issue?

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:46 pm I guess they'll become more and more hated by the professional users..
What professional users? :dog: :party: :hihi:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 am
Any chance you will leave PA at one point?
I find your plugins the only interesting ones in their portfolio and it's my impression that you don't really fit in there too well, most other stuff they have is pretty bad or boring.
I'd actually think you would be better off without them, at least from my perspective as a user.
I find them a bit on the annoying side as a company.
Liked it better when you were still solo :-)

Cheers,

Tom
Agreed

Basically the only plugs I’ve bought from PA have been the UA lineup. The vast majority of the console emulations and assorted plugins with skeuomorphic UIs just don’t interest me.

Return to “Effects”