PSP goes Classic Black, PSP FETpressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"PSP FETpressor is a FET feedback type compressor plug-in.
It’s designed to provide accurate, almost instant compression with lots of character.
Great for vocals, guitars, bass, drums, and whenever a classic 1970s-style FET compressor is needed.
PSP FETpressor contains everything you’d expect from a FET compressor:
an internal side chain high pass filter to control amount of low frequency pumping, smoothly adjustable compression ratio,
ability to select which channel to process, and a link switch.
This compressor also contains a dry signal blend for parallel compression. Additionally PSP FETpressor contains makeup amplifier and output transformer emulations to add subtle character even when set to 1:1 ratio."

One may say, meh, just another one ...
or one may say with SC HPF, stereo unlinked and blend mode
could become an extended quality yet budget version:

Introductory offer!
Until the 31st of December 2016 you can buy PSP FETpressor at the special introductory price of $59
Until the 8th of January 2017 you can buy PSP FETpressor at the special introductory price of $79
Starting from the 9th January 2017 the regular price of $99 will be applied.

As a registered user of our other processor plug-ins you can get the PSP FETpressor
at an even better price (up to 54% additional discount).

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dyn ... etpressor/
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

pretty f**king good on snares.
i thought the dbx-160 sucked it up! this thing just wraps, like a mould.
Amazing.
haven't tested it properly on basses yet. my first quick test wasn't that impressive, but the particular bass i had running possibly wasn't appropriate.

damn 14 day demos :(

great sound :D

So the HPF internal sidechain means that the compressor is going to be more sensitive on that range or that is going to exclude that range?
I guess the first, but not very sure.
Going to demo.
Very appreciate the fact that you can use it's own character with the 1:1 ratio.

mementus wrote:So the HPF internal sidechain means that the compressor is going to be more sensitive on that range or that is going to exclude that range?
I guess the first, but not very sure.
Going to demo.
Very appreciate the fact that you can use it's own character with the 1:1 ratio.
It's a Hipass Filter, so that will remove low frequencies from the side chain and let the high frequencies pass through. So short version: it will make the compressor react LESS to low frequencies. Example: you put it on a drum buss and the kick is causing the unit to pump and duck the high frequencies, you'd increase the HPF, and the compressor's detector would react less to the kick.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: It's a Hipass Filter, so that will remove low frequencies from the side chain and let the high frequencies pass through. So short version: it will make the compressor react LESS to low frequencies. Example: you put it on a drum buss and the kick is causing the unit to pump and duck the high frequencies, you'd increase the HPF, and the compressor's detector would react less to the kick.
Thank you. :P

Looks nice, but that logo not so much.

a huge difference with the Softube FET ?
I hate when dev release a plugin but don't include audio or video demo...

e@rs wrote:Looks nice, but that logo not so much.
PSP GUIs always look a bit weird to me.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

sqigls wrote:pretty f**king good on snares
Yeah, but how is it on vocals? :P

LMAO

Test it on Drums and Synths - nothing special. I do not know why but I always go back to GLUE
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote:Test it on Drums and Synths - nothing special. I do not know why but I always go back to GLUE
That makes sense. FET comps are generally very fast, and wouldn't be my first choice for electronic drums. They sound great on vocals, drum rooms, snares at slow settings, can do a very cool kind of punk thing on bass (though might be too aggressive for some styles), and can work on electric guitars.

Just tried this out on a vocal and a snare in a rock song. Liked it a lot on both sources. Feels way less jumpy than Slate's 1176, which kept the vocal sitting exactly where I wanted it. I'll definitely want to do more testing with it, but first impressions are very favorable.

No latency is a plus and CPU usage isn't bad; about 4-5% of a single core per instance, which is about half of what a single instance of the E27 EQ uses. That said, the E27 is my single favorite sounding EQ for mixing duties. Just for fun I through 5 instances on a track and began duplicating that track until my CPU started getting high. In Studio One I can run 160 instances across 32 tracks and the CPU is hovering between 85-90%. Not bad.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow. Wow. WOW! Holy moly this thing is very impressive! Exceptionally useful mixing tool. Very tweakable, very nice and "clean" sound even at rather extreme settings.

This can definitely nail stuff in it's place.

Tip: When compressing something, make sure you set the release to slowest possible to properly see how much you are truly compressing.. before dialing it back to fast release values. You can easily do up to 12dB of gain reduction without really noticing unless you are careful. The GR metering is a bit slow, like on real vintage units (which is a shame.. yet another example of where precise digital metering with a memory/hold function would be much more preferred).

This is almost a no-brainer for me, after only 5 minutes of testing. Will let it simmer for a few days but I suspect I will have to go for this.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”