VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RC-20 Retro Color

This looks like it could be an interesting plugin. Coming soon from XLN
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/xln ... our-645136

Yes indeed. Looking forward to try it.

Let's hope the plugin is more compelling than this demo track.

for 80 bucks i dunno... can it do something what SATIN cant do?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Nice and I'd love to demo it but €80 is a lot of money, so I'll pass.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

sound sculptist

Downloading now. Let's hope for a low resource usage, else it's to the trash for me...not room left for anything heavy until I upgrade.
^Nice. 7 - 10% for 3 modules running..now for the sound?
*It's easy to add unwanted tones that hide a bit, so you have to be careful..looking for the positive, haven't come across anything that drastically enhances, yet..I'm sure it's there somewhere :)
^Well, I tried. I can't find a use for it that I can't do better with speakerphone and reverb. If you don't have speakerphone, then placing this on drums instead would be a good choice.

spacekid wrote:
Downloading now. Let's hope for a low resource usage, else it's to the trash for me...not room left for anything heavy until I upgrade.
^Nice. 7 - 10% for 3 modules running..now for the sound?
*It's easy to add unwanted tones that hide a bit, so you have to be careful..looking for the positive, haven't come across anything that drastically enhances, yet..I'm sure it's there somewhere :)
^Well, I tried. I can't find a use for it that I can't do better with speakerphone and reverb. If you don't have speakerphone, then placing this on drums instead would be a good choice.
guess i have to demo too, i also dont understand this price, U-He Satin is also not cheap but maybe more options? instead of spending 80 bucks i think i will save those for speakerphone and hope to get it for 300 bucks or something.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Whilst I imagine there may be overlap with Satin, I don't think they are designed to serve the same purpose or target markets.
I do think speakerphone is a more appropriate comparison.
I owned speakerphone 1 but never updated to 2. I find that audioease takes wayyyy too long to fix bugs and update their plugins......took quite awhile for them to even go 64 bit. Speakerphone however I do agree is more flexible, although much more expensive, and for those who are anti-ilok (I am not) that may be an issue for them with speakerphone.
I also have two systems, one mac, one pc that I try to be as comparable as possible, and certainly with retro-color I can have two authorisations without having to buy another license, don't think speakerphone allows two authorisation iloks (I could be wrong).
But in the end, yes buy what is more useful for you.
I haven't used speakerphone in ages since I couldn't' justify the update to 2 from 1 (just checked again $149 US), and I have long since moved on to a 64bit Daw system.
ymmv
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Whilst I imagine there may be overlap with Satin, I don't think they are designed to serve the same purpose or target markets.
I owned speakerphone 1 but never updated to 2. I find that audioease takes wayyyy too long to fix bugs and update their plugins......took quite awhile for them to even go 64 bit. Speakerphone however I do agree is more flexible, although much more expensive, and for those who are anti-ilok (I am not) that may be an issue for them with speakerphone.
I also have two systems, one mac, one pc that I try to be as comparable as possible, and certainly with retro-color I can have two authorisations without having to buy another license, don't think speakerphone allows two authorisation iloks (I could be wrong).
I haven't used speakerphone in ages since I couldn't' justify the update to 2 from 1 (just checked again $149 US), and I have long since moved on to a 64bit Daw system.
ymmv
rsp
I thought, for the longest time, that all iLoks were for one system. Just found out recently, through here, that I could check my virtual account for the limit. Most are 2..izotope is 1 for some reason(for DDLY). Though, they say you can do the secondary license method for that one, which I guess is a standard C/R. Kind of have all that on hold until I get my new system :)

I just remembered that XLN has the most annoying installation procedure ever. Skipped.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

The developer gets to choose.
Some do: Soundtoys, softube, slate etc
some don't: mcdsp, exponential audio etc.

rsp
spacekid wrote:
zvenx wrote:Whilst I imagine there may be overlap with Satin, I don't think they are designed to serve the same purpose or target markets.
ymmv
rsp
I thought, for the longest time, that all iLoks were for one system. Just found out recently, through here, that I could check my virtual account for the limit. Most are 2..izotope is 1 for some reason(for DDLY). Though, they say you can do the secondary license method for that one, which I guess is a standard C/R. Kind of have all that on hold until I get my new system :)
sound sculptist

J4R1O wrote:I just remembered that XLN has the most annoying installation procedure ever. Skipped.
Curious to know in what way?
It installs itself. W

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
J4R1O wrote:I just remembered that XLN has the most annoying installation procedure ever. Skipped.
Curious to know in what way?
It installs itself. W

rsp
Online install process only :?

Return to “Effects”