d16 Repeater thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repeater

Repeater is all about modelling, which is why it fits in with the Slate's bundle so well. TBH it's got so many great delays tonally it's worth demoing if you're in the market. It doesnt have all the "under the hood" parameters soundtoys has and not as complex as Excalibur". It's definately worth demong and prepping your wallet, payapl, cc or other...

Numanoid wrote:Computer Music hand it 9/10 rating and Performance reward :)
Wot?! No 10/10? That's unusual. :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:With 23 delay models, is Repeater among the most versatile algo plugs
I'd say Repeater is among the (most) versatile "sound wise".

But feature wise, Hyakken HY-DELAY2 (Full Version, not the freebie) currently takes the biscuit IMO. It's a very "clean" delay though.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

'Repeater' is a joke. Every "model" reacts exactly the same, which is completely unlike the behavior of the original units. Set any delay time (even to max feedback) and start switching through the "algorithms" - obvious that they're all just a typical delay run through some eq/processing**. Also, the repeats are lifeless until at least 105% or so, this thing is just "dead". Compare that to EchoBoy (full or junior). No contest. Feel pretty bad for anyone that got duped on this, especially with EBjr being released just after it.

** to be honest though, this is exactly what EchoBoy does as well. The difference is that their eq processing and feedback circuit is much more advanced, which allows for each "model" to sound/act in a unique way compared to the rest.

I liked it ok, but at the exact same time EB went on sale. EB is superior in basically every aspect if you are talking oranges to oranges. Repeater is very expensive for what it is. If it was in the 60-80 range it would be a very good unit.

I don't get it, those "23 delay models" are a joke or something, looks like One delay with a bunch of IRs.

Looks like D16 is learning some "slate" of hand tricks. :hihi:
:borg:

toitoi wrote:I don't get it, those "23 delay models" are a joke or something, looks like One delay with a bunch of IRs.
It's "one delay type" (routing wise, it's a stereo delay) indeed - but the "models" are not IRs.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:It's "one delay type" (routing wise, it's a stereo delay) indeed - but the "models" are not IRs.
they might as well be, which is the point.

really though, as much as i hate on this thing for some reasons, sometimes you just need a simple delay with some character. in that case, 'Repeater' does the job.

MFXxx wrote:Repeater is all about modelling, .....
Exactly, like modeled compressors, pre-amps and equalizers, Repeater uses modelling to reproduce the sonic characteristics of classic hardware.

repeater works great for me. i think the feedback and color sound sweet.

it's not near as versatile as echoboy though

I thought this was keyfile activation?

I just fired it up for the first time last night, there was no option to load the keyfile, the only method offered was to logon to my account :x
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I thought this was keyfile activation?

I just fired it up for the first time last night, there was no option to load the keyfile, the only method offered was to logon to my account :x

switch off internet access for a moment and you will see the option to load the keyfile ...

dreamvoid wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:I thought this was keyfile activation?

switch off internet access for a moment and you will see the option to load the keyfile ...
Well thats new

thanks for the head up
Amazon: why not use an alternative

all focusrite customers got a 50% voucher that works also on repeater

sacer wrote:all focusrite customers got a 50% voucher that works also on repeater
Awesome! Thanks I had missed that one...

Return to “Effects”