d16 Repeater thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repeater

sqigls wrote:Personally, I took my XT upgrade money and spent it on PolygonSheep Stealth Delay.
Really usable and high quality overdrive and effects...
It's flipping awesome.
I didn't even know about that. Something to keep in mind and try.

I guess with replika I've just got a REALLY bad taste in my mouth about how long it took to fix the crashing.

I'd really like to know when D16 is going to update the rest of their silver line plugins to the mkII version with the new GUIs. They put out the latest ones with the great new resized GUI, and claimed the rest of the line would follow. But that's been, like... what?... a year? two years ago now? And still nothing. I think I won't be buying any more D16 until they get this done.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

javahut wrote:two years ago now?
I don´t believe it was really that long ago.

Keep in mind that D16 is still a boutique manufacturer so things make take a lil´longer...

incubus wrote:
sqigls wrote:Personally, I took my XT upgrade money and spent it on PolygonSheep Stealth Delay.
Really usable and high quality overdrive and effects...
It's flipping awesome.
I didn't even know about that. Something to keep in mind and try.
Yeah man, Stealth Delay has a great sound. The dev is apparently gonna make it possible to overload the feedback path in a future update too. Which will make it a bit more versatile for us dub freaks.
The overdrive/distortion has a unique sound, can get some real crunchy sounds out of it, and the filter and phaser are lush. Just a real nice tone.
And it's cheap as chips.
I give it several stars.

soulone82 wrote:...D16 is still a boutique manufacturer...
By that definition, other developers are just as "boutique"...

What people come up in terms of descriptions these days... :roll:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yeah, "boutique manufacturer" is really a cute term... and especially for a pure software company which - stayed we on the factual side for just a moment and just this once :hihi: - in fact "manufactures"... nothing.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

They did Decimort 2 in January http://rekkerd.org/d16-group-releases-d ... er-plugin/
Then they did the free Frontier limiter, Punchbox, and Repeater. I'd say they've been plenty busy this year...
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

So as expected, echoboy is 99 right now and I can't demo it (unless I create another ilok account)

incubus wrote:So as expected, echoboy is 99 right now and I can't demo it (unless I create another ilok account)
'XT' has now pretty much killed off my 9-year "EB' yearning. What I thought was a lust for different vintage models, was really just a need for vibe/colour/tones. And this is why I think many are not frothing at the mouth for Repeater. Whereas it might be important for software developers, and those who own the original hardware, for the emulations to be exact, for most of us we just need to be able to sculpt a variety of tones that sound good. It really makes no difference to many of us, and certainly not the end listener, the subtle differences between models. We just need to be able to recreate the sounds in our heads.

'XT' also has much of the extra functionality of 'Eb' e.g swing, rush , lag, saturaion etc., but also adds ducking, which is very useful. Maybe I can't get dial in an exact replika of the spacedelay in 'XT', but I can get something very similar, and often more to my liking, with a TON of 'mojo'. Those 'XT' filters give me a load more options, adn unlike Eb' and Repeater (Both a little too poite until pushed to extremes), 'XT' can get really wild, really quickly. Riding the filters, feedback, mix etc., feel much more like a musical instrument, and I enjoy it more for it. Great visual feedback, too :tu:

I've pretty much stripped my delay folder down to Rp-delay, and 'XT', with a special nod to Logic's Delay designer, and Wonder Echo (Reaktor User Library)

Nope, no way to demo it again (echoboy). EDIT: bought it because I'm pretty sure I still love it. Wish me luck.........EDIT again, JRR was "the license has to be manually generated"

:roll: (says "instant after purchase" which is not entirely true)

BTW,

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2 ... 0-Repeater

10 bucks is 10 bucks.

I didn't demo it, because I don't plan to buy it (I already have a few delays, both software and hardware, and I just got EB by upgrading to the whole suite... I don't really need it).

Anyway, what bugs me is the lack of a lfo to modulate the delay time. I love adding a tiny bit of modulation when working with a bbd delay pedal and it's something I'd like to do with software; for me it's a shame Repeater is lacking this feature because I really like the interface, it looks very straightforward and I'm sure it's the perfect tool to get good basic results very fast.
I think a very basic modulation section would be enough to make this plugin perfect.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

sounds good,but except for the tone models,nothing special functionwise...

Personally I have quite an arsenal of delays and love soundtoys which is understandably a benchmark for most delays among many others when a delay is released, so I do understand some features are going to be missing. What I do like is the simplicity of Repeater and the modules and coloration for tonality. At least it can please some people some of the time ;)

Computer Music hand it 9/10 rating and Performance reward :)

With 23 delay models, is Repeater among the most versatile algo plugs

Return to “Effects”