d16 Repeater thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repeater

jbuonacc wrote: what i find worst (and pretty much unacceptable) is that they don't feedback like any of the originals. you have to get to +105% (wtf?) for any of them to really start going wild on themselves. that's ridiculous. most of the range of the feedback knob gives almost zero change in behavior, like it sticks at 2 or 3 repeats until you get to something like 70%. the "analog" button obviously just seems to be a LPF slapped on top to "darken" it a bit.

really disappointed with this thing. does sound very nice for "typical" uses though.
Try putting an Omnipressor after the delay.

djmino02 wrote:
jbuonacc wrote: what i find worst (and pretty much unacceptable) is that they don't feedback like any of the originals. you have to get to +105% (wtf?) for any of them to really start going wild on themselves. that's ridiculous. most of the range of the feedback knob gives almost zero change in behavior, like it sticks at 2 or 3 repeats until you get to something like 70%. the "analog" button obviously just seems to be a LPF slapped on top to "darken" it a bit.

really disappointed with this thing. does sound very nice for "typical" uses though.
Try putting an Omnipressor after the delay.
..or drive the input volume. That'll impact the sound a lot.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Omnipressor really brings up the low level sounds of the echoes, while keeping the original sound transparent.

The plugin really does feedback like crazy but the volume drops out real quick.

$19 at Plugin Boutique

the feedback knob is waaaay too polite. it has to be at like 70% before i can hear more than one repeat.

also, it seems that there's no way to apply filter/color into the feedback path - the feedback path is always clean aside from the "analog" knob, and the filters are only applied to the delay output.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

the GUI is layed out all wrong.
it's a head f**k to use. Instead of LEFT being on the left, and RIGHT being on the right, the time display is layed out like this, but everything else is L top and R bottom, and the knobs are grouped poorly, there's no real flow, it's frustrating as f**k.
no quick symbol indicators to guide either, just a bold font everywhere that forces the user to stop and squint and read and get out of the music flow just to figure out which one is the LEFT mix or the RIGHT high pass etc.
even if it were free, i'd pass it up.

I tried the demo when it came out. It was really hyped up before that. I felt the same way about the layout. the sound was surprisingly not that interesting. it was a head-scratcher for me, I chalked it up to "I guess I just don't get it". I didn't buy it. Not sure I'd buy it for $19 because I have uhe Colour Copy which does what I thought Repeater would be. :scared:

plexuss wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:59 pm I tried the demo when it came out. It was really hyped up before that. I felt the same way about the layout. the sound was surprisingly not that interesting. it was a head-scratcher for me, I chalked it up to "I guess I just don't get it". I didn't buy it. Not sure I'd buy it for $19 because I have uhe Colour Copy which does what I thought Repeater would be. :scared:
Colour copy is indeed a nice alternative.

Recently I got a few nice delays already, so I have no need for Repeater anymore. Otherwise for EUR 18 this would have been a must have delay for me.

Nice GUI, no complaints there. Spread is a nice feature, though I'd like it to be adjustable. And same for Analog, I'd like it to be adjustable, so I'd be able to make the sound of the delay progress even more (darker/lighter). If only the models contained more of the character of the modelled delays, then I'd probably couldn't have resisted this sale.

Now if Tekturon would be on sale for the same price...

There is this offer that puts them at about $22 per plugin. https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ited-Time-

GusGranite wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:24 am There is this offer that puts them at about $22 per plugin. https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ited-Time-
I don't need all the plugins of the bundle though. Can I sell them separately? Probably not.

And they still didn't fix the automation bug after all these years.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:06 pm And they still didn't fix the automation bug after all these years.
Sometimes i think that noone is reporting stuff like that...

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 pm
dionenoid wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:06 pm And they still didn't fix the automation bug after all these years.
Sometimes i think that noone is reporting stuff like that...
I did. With D16 and even with Steven Slate himself (Repeater is part of the Slate bundle). Both said it would be fixed in a future update. There have been a couple of updates after that but, you can guess, no fix for the automation bug.
Which doesn't really surprise me because D16 don't have a good reputation for fixing things, they rather release new stuff.
More BPM please

D16.... some very quality plugins, but once they are released, don't count on anything getting updated or fixed until many years later when they finally release a paid upgrade to V2.

Return to “Effects”