ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Quite surprised to discover that each new instance of Reelbus 4 in a project inflates my DAW's RAM usage by around 250mb. Seems very high to me, is that working as intended?
Plug-in installer 1.2.0 changelog
ReelBus 4.0.4
Improved memory efficiency

RAM usage reduced to around 35mb per instance now, nice :tu:
Thanks...does ToneBoosters actually send email notifications of new versions? I am subscribed to their newsletter and almost never get emails - have checked in Spam but no dice.

Winstontaneous wrote:[q
Thanks...does ToneBoosters actually send email notifications of new versions?
Nope, about the only thing I don't like about Toneboosters.
I've been using their plugins for years and I've got used to checking their web site now and then to see if there has been an update.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The developer is brilliant. One of the best in the business. Every tool he makes is great and useful. The limiter is one of the best in existence. Equalizer is out of this world and loaded with functionality. The bus compressor is uber transparent and similarly feature-loaded.

The price / quality ratio is out of this world. If I had to take one DSP developer with me to a desert island, it would be a tossup between Toneboosters guy and Tokyo Dawn guy (Fabien?).

Who doesn't love Toneboosters?

Vortifex wrote:Dunno about the rest of their plugins, but if there's an update for Barricade and Reelbus it'll tell me in the top right corner of the UI. I don't get any emails though. Same with TAL.
With Barricade and Reelbus there is information in the top right corner telling me what version is installed, but I don't see any message telling me there is an update available ??

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Dunno about the rest of their plugins, but if there's an update for Barricade and Reelbus it'll tell me in the top right corner of the UI. I don't get any emails though. Same with TAL.
With Barricade and Reelbus there is information in the top right corner telling me what version is installed, but I don't see any message telling me there is an update available ??
If an update is available it should say something like "Version 4.02 (4.03 available)".
Well, it doesn't here.
For Reelbus it just says Version 4.0.3

The TB downloads page says that the latest Release Installer is 1.2.0 which includes 4.0.4 of Reelbus.
I've tried it in Logic 10.4.1, DSP Quattro 5.08, Live 10.0.2 and Ozone Advanced 8.01.
So maybe it is a Mac AU thing, but that is the state of play here.
macOS 10.13.6

I just noticed that Reelbus´ tape stop function slows down the whole output signal, including the hiss. Is that intentional/ "realistic"?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't figure out how to get upgrade pricing from TB reelbus v3 to v4. I was all over the website and went through the faqs section and didn't see it. What am I missing?

I think you get it from the Avangate store.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Yep , toneboosters and TAL are also my favourite developers .
Amazing plugs at an amazing price
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

FYI - ToneBoosters has AAX plugins available (beta) for Avid Pro Tools:
https://www.toneboosters.com/news.html#posts

DJErmac wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:19 pm I think you get it from the Avangate store.
Thanks. :tu:

be wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:56 pm I just noticed that Reelbus´ tape stop function slows down the whole output signal, including the hiss. Is that intentional/ "realistic"?
That is a good question. Anyone with actual tape experience care to chime in?

Return to “Effects”