ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

Did you use the installer? I just copied the .dll from the portable version.

Vortifex wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:
shkr wrote:It's already updated with some FR from here, presets with old "glue" and new saturation models . Wow!
I just downloaded the "latest" installer (I think), and I don't see those "old/new" presets...
Check the preset list and at the bottom you'll see Glue 1, 2, 3 and 4, plus a couple of other new ones.

Also he's fixed the sliders to make them less annoying :party:
This wouldn't be the first time I've missed something, but I still don't see these Glue presets - I'm using the AU plugin.

I used the installer, it's updated and has the new c and d models, it doesn't have the glue presets tho, just a few more defaults at the bottom, strange.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wasn't no, first time I reinstalled it added the saturation models and 4 extra default models, tried again - another 4 default models added.

I just uninstalled it, used the portable download instead and now they are showing. For those that are missing them I'd recommend doing this.

I figured out what my issue was. I'd put the 4.00 .dll inside the shortcut folder i use in Live. :dog:

Heh, the presets don't show up for me in 4.0.1, and I always copy them out of the
portable version. I don't know if I've ever run a ToneBoosters installer actually.

Vortifex wrote:You're not seeing these presets when you scroll down the presets menu? I used the portable download and manually copy/pasted the 64 bit .dll on Windows 10.

I am still not getting these, but it's not that big a deal (I tried the "portable" and do, indeed, have 4.0.1). V3 is still fine to use with Glue II on my master. (And, again, I'm using AU.)

Compared the new "glue" curves with the v3 glue II:

RED: v4 glue1
ORANGE: v4 glue2
YELLOW: v4 glue3
GREEN: v4 glue4

BLUE: v3 sat100%
PURPLE: v3 sat50%

so yeah, if you like the v3 Glue II sound, better stick with that one :) This doesn't quite capture the Ferox either in my opinion.

In any case, I really like some of the new sounds it offers, plus the flanger and delay are nice additions. The "degradation" algos are really good in the new version, and variable tape speed is neat (it shifts the tape bump around). Can't believe this is still 20€ :lol:

PS. beware, that if you set the amount to 0%, the plugin still engages a low-pass filter with about 13kHz -3dB point. If the Spectrum parameter is also engaged (>0%), it enables a denorm highpass at around 10hZ. (I think these are bugs though. Anybody want to report? :) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hopefully TB compressor v4 will be next followed by TB delay v4 style. :)

Nice to know that 'Glue1' doesn't do the head-bump/highpass thing.

MogwaiBoy wrote:Nice to know that 'Glue1' doesn't do the head-bump/highpass thing.
Oh it does absolutely do that, it's just that the Spectrum parameter isn't engaged in the Glue1 preset default state. If you do engage it it adds the highpass at ~5Hz and gradually moves it to 25ish when you increase the parameter. The bump is also added at 100Hz (with 30ips) and gradually increased up to 6dB.

I guess the comparison isn't very meaningful with the default parameters of the presets.

I miss the old EZQ that was included in Mixcraft.
Suggestion: Make a new version of it, but with two frequencies (including associated Q values) that can be freely selected by the user. This way one could change two critical bands with one dot, with one's eyes closed :)

Something like this:
https://app.box.com/s/g9tpd6x9ul6n3b8lm9u7o8spaa8ndgjb

Eleventh wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Nice to know that 'Glue1' doesn't do the head-bump/highpass thing.
Oh it does absolutely do that, it's just that the Spectrum parameter isn't engaged in the Glue1 preset default state. If you do engage it it adds the highpass at ~5Hz and gradually moves it to 25ish when you increase the parameter. The bump is also added at 100Hz (with 30ips) and gradually increased up to 6dB.

I guess the comparison isn't very meaningful with the default parameters of the presets.
Sounds like what Barricade 4 "Tape Saturation" mode does...I'm pretty much addicted to that since it came out.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”