ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

But please, make TB EQ resizable ! :pray:
And for good measure, FlX and the other plugins with graphics should benefit from this as well.

It's 2016, people are getting 4K screens.

If you happen to read this forum...

edit: ah, and if you're at it, could you please add the display of the phase ? Thx :)
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Agreed. Tb plugins are fantastic, but need for update!

Here is my wish list.
Tb equalizer: auto-listen function. And i want resizable interface too!
Flx: we need to see below 50hz in gui!
Reelbus: mix knob would be very nice!

Or, how about ditching Avangate and giving each customer a login so that they can download their licenses from a central repository in case they need to reinstall on a new machine?

Do you know if their eq is linear or minimum phase?

mementus wrote:Do you know if their eq is linear or minimum phase?
From the description, it's "Zero-latency processing", so I guess it's minimum phase for the EQ.
But if you want the crazy EQ, you can get FIX, which is a multiband compressor and an EQ with weird filter types like "Harmonic Log", "Gauss", "Gammatone" or "Spectral Balance".

As a compressor, I've never had the opportunity to compare it to TDR Nova, but from what I know of the Bus Compressor (simply the most transparent compressor I have in my opinion), I expect it to hold its own (although Nova has a better interface).

TDR, TB = no bullshit plugins, they get the job done.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

lolilol1975 wrote:
mementus wrote:Do you know if their eq is linear or minimum phase?
From the description, it's "Zero-latency processing", so I guess it's minimum phase.
Flx has linear phase mode and auto phase mode. It is a great dynamic eq, but as a static eq, it sounds amazing too. You can use it as a normal static eq. :tu:

Nightpolymath wrote:Or, how about ditching Avangate and giving each customer a login so that they can download their licenses from a central repository in case they need to reinstall on a new machine?
Sorry but doesn't ToneBoosters use Keyfiles? At least on my end they do (haven't updated v3 in quite a while to be honest)

And you can easily access the whole plugin bundle as one download - which covers both the demos and full versions. though I do understand the commentary against downloading a whole bundle. Then again, it's merely 25MB (Windows x64) compared to 500+MB per maintenance update (looking at various companies with custom shops here).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Thx.
So is a dynamic eq like a super precise multiband compressior?
The dynamic part of dynamic eq is the compression of the signal?

They are somewhat similar, but different.
First, they work on different principle. So,
Sidecahing signal is different, the shape that is supposed to be compressed is different on frequency chart.
I think dynamic eq is much more complex and delicated. Partly, your assumption is right.

Fyi, some filter type of flx works like multiband compressor. You can adjust compressor graph by your self (with 3 nod?)
And you can..... blah blah...
Yes.. It is a almost monster..

Compyfox wrote:
Nightpolymath wrote:Or, how about ditching Avangate and giving each customer a login so that they can download their licenses from a central repository in case they need to reinstall on a new machine?
Sorry but doesn't ToneBoosters use Keyfiles? At least on my end they do (haven't updated v3 in quite a while to be honest)

And you can easily access the whole plugin bundle as one download - which covers both the demos and full versions. though I do understand the commentary against downloading a whole bundle. Then again, it's merely 25MB (Windows x64) compared to 500+MB per maintenance update (looking at various companies with custom shops here).
They do, except that the link to the keyfile expires after three weeks or three downloads, whichever comes first. Not a good idea to lose those key files (like I did) due to a disk crash. I can't see why they can't implement a system where customers can download their key files anytime they want to.

Well, this is why you do backups - and yes, I can relate to your issues. And this is why I have my paid-for licenses on two mediums bar minimum.

Other than that, ToneBoosters is a one-man-army. And I don't know what status Jeroen currently has, or how much sparetime, but this is basically a side-project again (like old JeroenBreebaart plugins). And as long as the system works, and the developer is responsive, I don't see a big issue.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

If you can step up in price to the Fabfilter Pro-Q2, you will not miss the TB EQ or ever look back :)

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

lolilol1975 wrote:
TDR, TB = no bullshit plugins, they get the job done.

+1

If his basic FX suite was all you had in a desert island , and you claimed you couldn't do a great mix with it, it'd mean you are incapable of great mixes. Big mistake for anyone to turn up their noses at them because they are so cheap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

replicant X wrote:On zero-latency mode, TB EQ sounds better than Pro-Q.
I think DDMF IIEQ is the EQ that OP looking for.
But I prefer TB EQ because it's very light on CPU and GPU.
IIEQ's GUI is a bit heavy on processing.
Can confirm that in zero latency mode, tb eq sounds great as pro-q at least eqaually.
In linear phasr mode, again tb flx eq has very nice sound as pro-q.
(I slightly prefer auto phase mode, though)
But work flow on ff pro-q is a bit better imo.
This is important to someone, obviously!
(Not saying tb eq is not great.)
DDMF iieq pro has good sounding, but a little bit buggy, unstable for me. So if you want to buy it, then you SHOULD take a demo and test it on pretty heavy situation.

Return to “Effects”