Zynaptiq Adaptiverb released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Adaptiverb Colored Spaces for Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

zynaptiq wrote: - de-activating and re-activating licenses that are on a HD fixes the issue of them not working in all cases that we have insight into. We have had three cases that have contacted support, and one more that I've just seen in this forum.
This isn't the case I'm afraid. What happens on my system (MBP, 10.11.6) is that activating some software breaks others. For example, I have Digital Synsations and Mello for UVI Workstation. If I deactivate/activate one of them then the other breaks. I can toggle between them like this.

Air Xpandi lost its serial earlier. When I reentered it everything broke again - Zynaptiq, various UVI, Eventide, Soundtoys.

I could not get Adaptiverb back without completely reinstalling it. Again, this broke almost everything else again.

When I reinstalled iLok from iLok themselves (three times now), everything broke again.

It goes on. No amount of activating/deactivating has got everything back up. Always de/activating something breaks something else.

zynaptiq wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:And the 3rd newsletter within 15 hours with the identical release info. Dennis, anybody home?
That means you have three different emails on file with us, we sort by email not by Name. Email blast has stopped. I'm *not* home but in the office, but I did have to get some sleep when the clock said 5 A.M.

To sum up what we've learned so far:

- It *appears that this relates to HD activation only, and affects only a small number of people (at least we've not had many reports)

- de-activating and re-activating licenses that are on a HD fixes the issue of them not working in all cases that we have insight into. We have had three cases that have contacted support, and one more that I've just seen in this forum.

- *Additionally*, there seem to be network issues that can cause transactions to not complete correctly when moving licenses. We have had one of the above users run into this.

Maybe #2 and #3 are different aspects of the same thing.
All of these newsletters arrived at the same address at different times, but no worries, I just thought it would have been better, not to send out more news until this issue gets fixed, none of my business of course.

That was a good suggestion, and we did halt the email delivery.

Very strange that you received multiple copies to the same email – maybe you have a catch-all set up, so that all three arrived at the same email even though they weren't sent to the same email? We have a filter that automatically removes duplicates...
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

:pray: Bit the current iLok bullet and bought this.

Just to let you know:
Activated on an iLok 2 dongle on Windows 8.1 with no problems to anything else on my iLok 2 dongle.

Off to play now... 8)

The demo plays fine here, license on an iLok 2 dongle, all other iLok plugins work as they should, so it must the related to the software licensing.

1st Encounter live on video, focussing on the HCF (Harmonic Contour Filtering) aspect, taking a sonic footprint of an input source and then processing a piano with the filtered reverb type (on/off by tweaking the amount slider), changing other other parameters as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlvhGjuizI

Nice!

I didn't see you capture a HCF Hold print though – when the HCF is in LINKED, deactivating FREEZE will also deactivate the HCF HOLD.

When LINK is on, the HCF follows the FREEZE, essentially – based on the assumption that there are many cases where you'll just want to grab what you're hearing 1:1.

Also of note is that the FREEZE doesn't frezee the *reverb tail* like with other infinite reverb functions, but rather the *input* before the reverb, so that the synth functions stay fully active.

If you are looking for a classic infinite reverb, crank the sustain to max (like you did), or when in RAY TRACE reverb mode, crank the SIZE; at max value, it will never decay.
Last edited by zynaptiq on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

zynaptiq wrote:Nice!

I didn't see you capture a HCF Hold print though – when the HCF is in LINKED, deactivating FREEZE will also deactivate the HCF HOLD.
I thought I had understood the manual. I'll do some more.

As another pointer – when I want to "trigger" the HCF Hold, for example creating the vocal pads as in the trailer, I do it this way:

1) play a voice pad into the plugin, activate HOLD.

2) then, use a sound that has slightly higher bandwidth than the pad, to make sure all the frequencies i want to hear are actually being "triggered"

3) in addition, I may lower REVERB SOURCE so that the input also enters the reverb directly without going through the SUSTAIn synth (which would remove noise and transients that I may want to use to trigger the HCF Hold)

You can then fine-tune the crossfiltering effect using the HCF AMOUNT and HCF WEIGHTING parameters. Sometimes, interestingly, lower AMOUNT values will actually *increase* the similarity to the HOLD timbre.

Here is one using cello as the input source and various harp sounds as filter input, slowly getting the hang of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ute2olbeXE

Exploring the pitch quantization with a bell sound - nice plugin... - on Gearslutz someone is having iLok issues with a phyiscal dongle, so it seems to be not only related to HD - I was lucky then (sweat sweat...).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sExON71oCc

Tip: If you feed the output of Adaptiverb back into it's input (feedback chain) and quantize the pitches, you get some amazing evolving tonal drones, automating send level and reverb damp helps to keep things under control.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Exploring the pitch quantization with a bell sound - nice plugin... - on Gearslutz someone is having iLok issues with a phyiscal dongle, so it seems to be not only related to HD - I was lucky then (sweat sweat...).
Thanks for reporting this Simon, I've added it to the warning thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=468197

Also note that mcbpete spotted that the problem has been reported since last Thursday on the Airmusictech forums.

To anybody harbouring any thoughts that the blame for this lies at Zynaptiq's door, it very definitely does not.

Cool idea with the feedback.

Here's a very rough quick-and-dirty how-To for crossfiltered tails; please excuse the poor sound quality as I had to patch the analog outs of my mac into the analog ins of my ULN8 as for some reason capturing audio has stopped working (as has Screenflow...duh).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSQm28uwr_o

any chance you guys can come up w/your own HD authorization system and skip out on iLok for that option? wavearts does it. they offer iLok for dongle auth and their own HD authorization that doesn't use the iLok licenser app. if ilok can't get it together i have a rage quit in my future. :(

Return to “Effects”