Zynaptiq Adaptiverb released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Adaptiverb Colored Spaces for Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

Nimrod7 wrote:Hey guys,

It may mentioned already, but how you work with Adaptiverb?
Once I add it to a bus, Logic becomes very laggy due to latency, that is impossible to compose anything from that point on.
I can add it with the song is done, but is kind of useless that way since I can't hear it when composing.

How you work with it?

Thanks,
Yes, this can be an issue as the latency is pretty huge. It depends on what you are doing if using a different plug will help because the sound of Adaptiverb can be a big part of why you have it there in the first place, e.g. with the resynthesis options you could have a choral flavour reverb over guitars or strings that becomes quite an important element (usually by accident for me) so vanilla reverbs can't replace that.

I typically pop it into 'live mode' so the DAW is usable and then with luck I'll remember to turn it off before print. In fairness with drones it doesn't matter so much, just dial in your pre-delay and off you go, the proper high latency mode shouldn't be a problem once you are mixing rather than playing but it can get weird having a latency as large as this. I don't know how it works in other DAWs but I have found it helps to deactivate and reactivate the plugin in Ableton to get it to poll for the new latency value if you've changed it. In general I'll use it as an insert and then freeze & flatten once I'm happy with the sound so mixing is faster (mostly by avoiding the endless tweaking and fuckaboutery that I'm prone to do).

Here's the manual http://www.zynaptiq.com/fileadmin/resou ... 10.pdf.zip on it:
ADAPTIVERB does some heavy mathematics. More important than the raw amount of
calculations required is the fact that it needs to look at a certain amount of input signal to do
what it does. This translates into a noticeable processing delay of up to 11264 samples. The
actual amount depends on which modules are used, and is spread out over the components of
ADAPTIVERB as follows:

• BIONIC SUSTAIN SYNTH with ALLPASS reverb: 4096 samples
• RAY-TRACING REVERB: 3072 samples
• HCF: 4096 samples !
So basically, the minimum latency achievable is 4096 samples, as the BIONIC SUSTAIN
RESYNTH, being the heart of the plugin, is always active. Using RAY-TRACING REVERB instead
of ALLPASS, for example, increases the latency to 7168 samples. SUSTAIN & ALLPASS plus
HCF weighs in at 8192 samples.

ADAPTIVERB features a LIVE MODE, switchable using the little clock shaped button in the
header bar. When in LIVE mode, the plugin will report zero latency to the host, and disables its
internal dry path delay. As a result, the dry path is latency free, and the effect signal will be
late by the amount of samples that corresponds to the combination of modules used – and,
most importantly, the latency compensation of your DAW does not need to move around all
other tracks. Use this mode for example if you want to play virtual instruments live, or capture
a live input – or if you are using a Pre-Delay setting in the same ballpark as the plugin latency
anyway (make sure to adjust the Pre Delay accordingly). Obviously, the fact that the reverb
tail is late makes this mode most useful with long tails and a REVERB MIX of 100%.

Just downloaded the 1.1.1 installer but the pkg is stuck on the 'Verifying...' dialogue. Tried quitting it and restarting several times.

Hmm, 1.1.1 ? What changes ?

c_voltage wrote:Hmm, 1.1.1 ? What changes ?
No idea, I searched on their website for a log or somehting, didn't find the list of the changes on the update. Same thing for Morph, it's updated but can't find the info.

Look's like it's just adding Vst3 to me as that is the only info they give.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

what settings would you suggest for master bus maybe to glue the mix a bit? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

masterhiggins wrote:Sounds great but the CPU usage on my quad i7 mbp makes it impractical to use with my usual workflow (even with a raised buffer). I thought DIVA was the highest CPU plug on my system. Adaptiverb makes it look like Hive.
I had to migrate from a 2011 17" MBP 4-core i7 to a 2009 MacPro upgraded to 12-core 3GHz XEON. My projects were taxing my MBP to the point that unfreezing on tracks i needed to work with and re-freezing etc was too much. Adapiverb contributed to this. But, if you want to use the latest tech you have to generally have the capability to do so.

Still very much in love with Adaptiverb (and the ZAP bundle). Utterly unique.

Fleer wrote:Still very much in love with Adaptiverb (and the ZAP bundle). Utterly unique.
Great reverb, lots of CPU cycles but great sounding.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Processing a granular e-bow patch from Falcon AIR with a HCF custom patch in Adaptiverb.

https://youtu.be/4L22be-gCxU

Stepping through 21 custom Adaptiverb drone presets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUInVI1o_Q

Adaptiverb updated! :D

What's new in 1.2.0:

Added 75 new artist presets by Simon Stockhausen and Julius Selbach.
Added locking for DRY/WET MIX, and LIVE & PREVIEW modes, to keep their current value when loading presets.
Added GUI zoom with a range of 70-200%.
macOS: Fixed random preset sort order on APFS-formatted SSD volumes.
macOS: Fixed AU sometimes not being seen before a system reboot on High Sierra and newer.
Updated to latest PACE components.
Updated Kitty framework to latest version.

HAVE THEY FIXED THE ALL CAPS PLUGIN TITLES? :)
Happy about this update!

Heh, you're faster than me :-)

NO WE'RE STILL ALL CAPS.

But FINALLY, we got you guys the Dry/Wet lock. You can also lock LIVE and PREVIEW modes 8as these are likely to be preferences you won't want to change once you set them up).

Also, zoom for the UI in a range of 70-200 %. So 4k and 13" users may now have more fun.

And a whole bunch of awesome new presets by Simon Stockhausen (aka patchpool) and Julius Selbach.

https://www.zynaptiq.com/adaptiverb/ada ... downloads/
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

The UI resolutions and new presets are fantastic. Awesome update!

Thanks a lot. Not back into my man cave for deep droning...

Return to “Effects”