Zynaptiq Adaptiverb released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Adaptiverb Colored Spaces for Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

Sampleconstruct wrote: Another new bug seems to be (on Mac) that the frozen drone patches don't play when you select them after you have used a non-frozen preset, they only start playing when you step through a list of frozen patches, so you select a non-frozen preset, then a frozen one -> no sound, then you select the next frozen one -> sound plays.
And even weirder is, that this new behavior only seems to effect certain frozen drone patches, some play, some don't. The ones that don't play, only start playing when another frozen drone patch had been selected before.

Sampleconstruct Hmm, can't reproduce described on Win7, ie not noticed problems with freeze presets yet. Perhaps mac problem only.

I'm thinking that this may be an issue with loading presets older than v1.1.0 – which don't have a PREVIEW parameter. It' *supposed* to work – there's an importer that should convert from v1.01 and earlier 1.1.0 betas – but maybe it's failing under certain circumstances.

If that is the case, everything should be fine as long as you step through presets made with v1.1.0 only. Can you confirm that?
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

zynaptiq wrote:I'm thinking that this may be an issue with loading presets older than v1.1.0 – which don't have a PREVIEW parameter. It' *supposed* to work – there's an importer that should convert from v1.01 and earlier 1.1.0 betas – but maybe it's failing under certain circumstances.

If that is the case, everything should be fine as long as you step through presets made with v1.1.0 only. Can you confirm that?
I really can't remember which presets I made with the former release version or the Beta versions, so I can't confirm that really.

The factory presets are all v1.1 so stepping between factory presets only would be an easy way to confirm.

I'll have a look over here.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Interesting article in this month's SOS:
"Wherefore Art Thou?
Comment / Opinion
Published December 2016
By Paul White
I think most people would agree that music is a form of art. And in art it would seem that almost anything qualifies, so by deduction the same must be true of music. Art could be a Turner painting, a Da Vinci masterpiece or somebody touring East Anglia putting a walnut on top of every dog poo they come across! Opinions are divided on what is foisted upon us in the name of modern art and when it comes to pickled cows, partly eaten pizza or a brick with a hole drilled in it, I definitely side with the ‘pretentious tosh’ opinion, but if you ask the artist, they’ll tell you that anything that provokes an emotional response is art. Clearly then delivering a punch on the nose to said artist would not be assault, but in fact a form of art, as a punch on the nose invariably provokes an emotional response.
When it comes to music we see a similar range of artistic approaches, with fantastically detailed classical music at one end of the spectrum and a recording of somebody shovelling gravel at the other. Most of us inhabit a musical world somewhere between those extremes, where the more thoughtfully constructed experimental music can be very rewarding, both to create and to listen to. It is also remarkable how many inspiring sounds can be discovered by accident, especially when trying out new and unusual plug-ins, as happened to me recently when I was reviewing Zynaptiq’s Adaptiverb.
Adaptiverb has the distinction of being both a fine studio reverb and a powerful sound resynthesis/reshaping tool if you tweak it the right way. I tried it on spoken voice and other instruments with very encouraging results. I was doing a mic test recently and recorded myself doing a couple of minutes of random speech, that happened still to be on screen. One thing led to another as I often get sidetracked (all in the interests of science), and before long I’d time-stretched the vocal beyond recognition, reversed it, fed it through a pitch-corrector set to a single note (E) and then processed it using Adaptiverb. The result was a surprisingly textural background where words became organic-sounding pads and breaths were transformed into electronic cymbal-like punctuation. While some might say that this in itself qualifies as musical art, I prefer to use such doodlings as an inspiration to explore further, and often these almost random musings start to suggest more structured musical additions. This is rather the opposite of ‘normal’ composition — where you get an idea for a more-or-less complete song, then record it — but is it any less valid? Then again, I might just be setting myself up for a musical punch on the nose!"

zynaptiq wrote:The factory presets are all v1.1 so stepping between factory presets only would be an easy way to confirm.

I'll have a look over here.
I found that re-saving the patches with issues fixes the issues.

A fresh AV experiment:
Processing some field recordings of passing trains which I made a while ago with an Adaptiverb preset in HOLD-mode which uses a sonic footprint of an electronic texture. At the end of the video the sound freezes (of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUwRAyvsDeo

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Congrats :tu:

Adaptiverb created a lovely tranquil space for this

https://soundcloud.com/kymeia/reflections

Actually this is better - stripped it down some more

https://soundcloud.com/kymeia/reflections-2

Better indeed.

Question

- Has anyone tried to use adaptiverb on mastertrack successfully ?,

...it seems a bit difficult to get short reverbs with it but the way it has been conceived seems compatible for such a use if tweaked intelligently ?

aMUSEd wrote:Actually this is better - stripped it down some more
Upon reflection ....

Nice work :tu:

Krakatau wrote:Question

- Has anyone tried to use adaptiverb on mastertrack successfully ?,

...it seems a bit difficult to get short reverbs with it but the way it has been conceived seems compatible for such a use if tweaked intelligently ?
I had it on the master in the above - but it's using a slightly tweaked default preset made HD and with the mix amount turned right down - I find it gets a bit overpowering in large doses

Return to “Effects”