Zynaptiq Adaptiverb released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Adaptiverb Colored Spaces for Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

Sampleconstruct wrote:Across the board there have been reports with iLok issues since yesterday (e.g. in the Falcon thread) I think, so this is not related to Adaptiverb only but to iLok in general, let the shitstorm rain down on them, I won't install anything iLok-related until they fixed this...what a nuisance.

Here is a post from the Falcon thread:
I'm beginning to see posts on other forums regarding the same cryptic Fatal Error Message ... software products vary. Reports say adding a new item to the iLok License manager results in the error message for all previous iLok items but not the newly added ones.

i thought it started w/that Slate dynamics processor? read something about that a week ago or whenever it was released...

i hope developers will find some other option soon. this kind of shit just spells doom for their sales numbers. not to mention all the extra hours of customer support they have to put in..

it's a shame really. but what's worse for sales numbers.. piracy or people just not buying stuff because iLok is all broken and disruptive 3 times a year?

dayjob wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Across the board there have been reports with iLok issues since yesterday (e.g. in the Falcon thread) I think, so this is not related to Adaptiverb only but to iLok in general, let the shitstorm rain down on them, I won't install anything iLok-related until they fixed this...what a nuisance.

I'm beginning to see posts on other forums regarding the same cryptic Fatal Error Message ... software products vary. Reports say adding a new item to the iLok License manager results in the error message for all previous iLok items but not the newly added ones.

i thought it started w/that Slate dynamics processor? read something about that a week ago or whenever it was released...

i hope developers will find some other option soon. this kind of shit just spells doom for their sales numbers. not to mention all the extra hours of customer support they have to put in..

it's a shame really. but what's worse for sales numbers.. piracy or people just not buying stuff because iLok is all broken and disruptive 3 times a year?
You're probably right, it just came to my attention yesterday as someone in the Falcon thread reported similar issues, then I had a look around and indeed, it seems to be a common disease atm...

zynaptiq wrote:Quick note: if you need more than one system activation, and can not / do not wish to use an iLok 2 device, simply email us. We're happy to sort you out.
I usually authorize two Ilok2 with products from UVI, Softube, Celemony, SoundToys, Eiosis - just to name a few. Is it possible to get two iLok2 authorizations?

Sampleconstruct wrote:
dayjob wrote:

You're probably right, it just came to my attention yesterday as someone in the Falcon thread reported similar issues, then I had a look around and indeed, it seems to be a common disease atm...
whatever is happening it seems like it's an iLok issue and not the developers fault.

my licenses say that they're activated but they aren't on my computer... so where are they activated? who knows.. they seem trapped in some ilok netherworld. when i try to drag them to the location that is my computer it says "no activations left.. blah blah blah"

anyway.. i can't imagine if i was an engineer/producer or whatever using all these processors in studio trying to make a living.. i guess if i was i'd know better than to dare install a piece of software in midst of doing something important because there's a 100% chance of iLok shitting the bed for no reason.

but that's how this "professional" level of copy protection is supposed to work.. zero down time and all that yawn.

I have got about half of my iLok authorisations to work after reinstallation, reboot, repeated activation and deactivation but the other half will not work. I've spent hours on this now.

I have started a new thread warning people: viewtopic.php?p=6535293

Maybe Dennis you should stop the press for now, I just received the second one on Altiverb, if people install the demo they are f**ked and will blame it on Zynaptiq.

I installed the Demo of Adaptiverb onto my physical iLok 2 about 12 hours ago but never actually tried it until this morning ( was watching GB team in the cycling last night).

Tried it and thought 'Wow! Got to have this!'
Thought I'd check what others are saying here and found the iLok s%*t storm.

I'm on Windows 8.1 ( not updated for a few months ) running a physical iLok 2 dongle with activations on:
Falcon + Vintage Vault, 2 x Soundtoys, Zynaptic Morph 2 & Adaptiverb ( Demo )

All seem to be ok, but I have not logged into iLok manager since adding Adaptiverb demo last night.
Kinda wondering if I should hold off from buying/activating fully until Pace sort this out. :x

:arrow: EDIT: I have asked on another iLok post if this could possibly be a HD activation issue
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6535317
Seems like a few people have mentioned HD activation, hence my question :?:

So another spectacular fail by PACE in two weeks. :roll:

No signature here!

And the 3rd newsletter within 15 hours with the identical release info. Dennis, anybody home?
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The copy protection used by u-he is unobtrusive and effective.

Urs Heckmann appears to be open to sharing the system.

So is this an iLok issue or a Windows 10 issue?

aMUSEd wrote:So is this an iLok issue or a Windows 10 issue?
iLok, some Mac users are also affected.

Sampleconstruct wrote:

I forgot to mention that this issue seems to be related to a recent Windows 10 update, so maybe Mac users are not affected - but don't take my word for it.
I'm Mac so seems to be across the board...

This kind of issue should be the 1 thing iLok make sure does not to happen :dog:
Last edited by jobinho on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aside from that the reverb did sound remarkably natural and I will retest once iLok is fixed

Sampleconstruct wrote:And the 3rd newsletter within 15 hours with the identical release info. Dennis, anybody home?
That means you have three different emails on file with us, we sort by email not by Name. Email blast has stopped. I'm *not* home but in the office, but I did have to get some sleep when the clock said 5 A.M.

To sum up what we've learned so far:

- It *appears that this relates to HD activation only, and affects only a small number of people (at least we've not had many reports)

- de-activating and re-activating licenses that are on a HD fixes the issue of them not working in all cases that we have insight into. We have had three cases that have contacted support, and one more that I've just seen in this forum.

- *Additionally*, there seem to be network issues that can cause transactions to not complete correctly when moving licenses. We have had one of the above users run into this.

Maybe #2 and #3 are different aspects of the same thing.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Return to “Effects”