Signalizer: Sidechaining update! Open-source & free audio visualization plugin (v. 0.4.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice plugin, thanks.
It would be great if it could evolve to do some music visualization like SoundSpectrum

https://www.soundspectrum.com/aeon/
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

tsarpf wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 pm Hi!

Repeatedly messing with the history size while looking at the oscilloscope seems to break something. Something like 3000ms never works, but changing from the initial 1000ms -> 3000 -> 100 --> 200 --> 300 --> 3000 --> 1000ms or something like that at semi random, at some point 1000ms stops looking like it did in the beginning, it looks something like what I'd expect 50ms to look. Tested with looking at just a simple kick-bass line.
Hi, that would not surprise me at all, the history size code is a bit sketchy. I'll have a look, thanks.
MasterTuner wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:15 pm Nice plugin, thanks.
It would be great if it could evolve to do some music visualization like SoundSpectrum

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.soundspectrum.com/aeon</span>/
Thanks - maybe someday, when I add extensible shader support :)

First of all, thank you for your fantastic plugin. Thanks that you made it free for the masses. Second, as a "tester" i suggest you put efforts on the spectrogram "Transform algorithm: resonator". You know Queen Mary University's "Sonic Visualiser"? Its frequency measure scale at the left side could be an example for your scale and your Signalizer, later one which is very resumed.. I would like to see the values of every frequency i need, not only by the hundreds.. Third, i would allow the mouse hover frequency tracking function also by the display mode "colour spectrum". Fourth, when resizing this window, or better, when outzooming the hidden zones now showing don't show anything but empty space, no graphics..

I hope you find time to enhance your great plugin and first of all enjoy Christmas time! Thanks
Signalizer Colour Spectrum.png
Sonic Visualiser (Queen Mary's University)
Sonic Visualiser.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mundano wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:47 am First of all, thank you for your fantastic plugin. Thanks that you made it free for the masses. Second, as a "tester" i suggest you put efforts on the spectrogram "Transform algorithm: resonator". You know Queen Mary University's "Sonic Visualiser"? Its frequency measure scale at the left side could be an example for your scale and your Signalizer, later one which is very resumed.. I would like to see the values of every frequency i need, not only by the hundreds..
Hello Mundano!

Have a look at the admittedly badly named "Grid div. space" knob, I think it'll do what you want:
https://i.imgur.com/LXcgYaj.gifv

Sorry for the link, seems I cannot properly embed .gifs anymore
Third, i would allow the mouse hover frequency tracking function also by the display mode "colour spectrum".
This a very requested feature that will be included in next version :)
Fourth, when resizing this window, or better, when outzooming the hidden zones now showing don't show anything but empty space, no graphics..
Admittedly this is a bit stupid, I agree. It's due to how Signalizer doesn't "just" zoom in and interpolate, it actually retunes itself to provide better accuracy / frequency resolution in the target area - hence it doesn't calculate information outside of the zoomed area (for performance reasons). Thus there is nothing there, when you zoom out again. Perhaps I could add a low quality overview.
I hope you find time to enhance your great plugin and first of all enjoy Christmas time! Thanks
Slowly working on it, no worries about that :) Hope you'll enjoy december as well.

Hello! I'm looking for a good audio analysis tool and this one looks like it could be great. The installer I found on the site seemed to be a couple of years old. When I launched Logic Pro X, it hangs when scanning the Signalizer plugin. Any plans for an update? Any plans for making it paid?

mrj1nx wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:10 pm Hello! I'm looking for a good audio analysis tool and this one looks like it could be great. The installer I found on the site seemed to be a couple of years old. When I launched Logic Pro X, it hangs when scanning the Signalizer plugin. Any plans for an update? Any plans for making it paid?
Hey!

I don't provide an installer, I assume you just mean the AU bundle?
Maybe you can try to run auval? It will provide logs.
Any plans for an update?
Yes many, in progress :)
Any plans for making it paid?
No, it is free software

Mayae wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 pm I don't provide an installer, I assume you just mean the AU bundle?
I presume he means the options here - https://bitbucket.org/Mayae/signalizer/downloads/

That is the one I downloaded. OSX 0.3.2. Is there anything newer available (an AU download?)

Mayae wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:10 pm Any plans for an update?
Yes many, in progress :)
:party: :hyper:

i would want urgently ;) peak frequencies included in the "diagnostics" and a possibility to "save/export" diagnostics & tracking information about peak frequencies as data, e.g. .txt, .xlm, or something similar for further analysis via tables and graphics, etc. Spectral selection tool would be amazing, including mentioned "save/export" functions..
Best, Mundano

Hi.
As far as I see, current git (signalizer+cpl dev/stable) cannot be compiled on Linux?

Hi Mundano, thanks for the interesting ideas. Might explore something like that.
Kott wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 am Hi.
As far as I see, current git (signalizer+cpl dev/stable) cannot be compiled on Linux?
Hi Kott, what sort of errors are you getting - and what distro are you using?

As mentioned in

Code: Select all

make/LinuxInstructions.txt
, you will need Code::Blocks installed unfortunately. This will be fixed soon.

If you having compilation errors, check out

2c0e2c7
for cpl and master on signalizer for latest, paired release.

Hi Kott, what sort of errors are you getting - and what distro are you using?

As mentioned in

make/LinuxInstructions.txt
, you will need Code::Blocks installed unfortunately. This will be fixed soon.
I use codeblocks 17.12 for build (attempt with projucer was unsuccessful too:)) . There is lot of errors, most of them in cpl.

System is openSUSE TW 20190412
gcc 8.3.1 20190226
If you having compilation errors, check out

2c0e2c7
for cpl and master on signalizer for latest, paired release.
Yes, actually I need such pointing.

PS. I did it!
Last edited by Kott on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kott wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:23 pmI use codeblocks 17.12 for build (attempt with projucer was unsuccessful too:)) . There is lot of errors, most of them in cpl.

System is openSUSE TW 20190412
gcc 8.3.1 20190226
Okay, haven't tried opensuse. I would be interested in the build log in its entirety.

If you're up for it, shoot me a mail (contact@jthorborg.com) or a PM and let's figure out what's going on.

Mayae wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm If you're up for it, shoot me a mail (contact@jthorborg.com) or a PM and let's figure out what's going on.
done

Return to “Effects”